The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

EDIT: I only saw the dig at us after re reading the original post. My bad for speed reading and posting. Yes he's a prick.

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fixed myself up in post above lol 

I had a quick read and thought he was basically saying England need to be a team, and not a collection of Billy Big Bollox.

I never initially read past " He's not Gazza ". I automatically assumed it would follow up with some sort of " they are brilliant in their own ways and different " type end, but upon rereading... Yeah 

Apologies to all again. I'm out on the road so only jumping in and out of topics.

11 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I agree but I think he spoils his own message by saying Grealish can't be Gazza because he hasn't played for a big club, which is an absurd point for a variety of reasons, and one that deserves ridicule. 

The point I take from it is that the manager can't utilise the talent available to him and make them play in a cohesive way. You can blame players, but these players aren't selfish and toothless at their clubs. Maybe they'd be more in tune if they played more in the creative footballing style of their clubs instead of the defensive, counterattacking slop you'd expect from a side trying to stave off relegation. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

so we are in agreement  ..  glad we've sorted that , now we can get back to discussing Grealish 

Great, I'm glad you agree that you were being unduly harsh on a young player for some reason known only to you👍

We all can get a bit defensive about Jack at times. The problem arises from Southgate’s poor management of the situation from the start. From he must first play in the PL nonsense through to his “Villa fans won’t be happy” rubbish. 

He created a problem out of nothing resulting in a perception that he may have a problem with Jack. The knock on effect is that there’s a feeling that Jack has to be MOTM every time he plays to even stand a chance of being picked. 

Last night I felt we lost control of the middle of the pitch in the second half and so none of the forward players did a lot after a good first half. The pundits were all asking has Jack done enough? The feeling is always that he has to do more than anyone else. 

It’s a good job that Jack thrives on pressure because the national manager has done a good job of heaping it on him. Very poor from a supposed good man manager. He is in reality a small minded, petty and extremely limited manager. Presented with the best crop of attacking players we have had for a long, long time he’s decided that defence is the way to go. Genius. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

What big club did Gazza play for again?? 

My thoughts exactly, Newcastle nope Spurs nope Lazio nope possibly Everton , Certainly not Boro or Burnley,  a huge talent he was but very short lived ended up being a journeyman 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I was only a kid but was Gazza actually that good??? He bar that like one Scotland goal I can't remember much about him as opposed to other players of that time

If your being serious find old games of him and watch the entire match - Like George best he had a god given talent but both of them didn't know when to stope drinking.  Man U put a bid in for him before he joined spurs and always wondered what he could of been under sir Alex.

6 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

If your being serious find old games of him and watch the entire match - Like George best he had a god given talent but both of them didn't know when to stope drinking.  Man U put a bid in for him before he joined spurs and always wondered what he could of been under sir Alex.

I will thanks. 

Yep I watched football as a kid and remember loads of players from that era scoring goals, watching them play etc and thinking wowwww that's cool etc as like a 10 year old but Gazza I remember Scotland goal 96 and him being out on the beers with 5 bellys and that's about it

28 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I was only a kid but was Gazza actually that good??? He bar that like one Scotland goal I can't remember much about him as opposed to other players of that time

Talent of a generation. 

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Ridiculously talented footballer who pissed most of it up the wall.

Grealish has some of his traits but thankfully not all, I don't like it when he's likened to him

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I've been seeing this for a while but a lot of the time when Jack is open and calling for the ball for an easy layoff, I've seen the likes of Walker and Sterling do this a few times, but they'd ignore him and go out of their way to try a more difficult, often backwards pass. It could well be that they're just tactically not good (doubt it, given they star for Pep at Man City) or that Southgate has them disjointed, but it looks weird for sure. 

There was a few instances that I can remember where Jack was the easy ball and he was calling for it, Walker and Sterling totally ignored him and passed it backwards. Whether it's personal is another story, surely a manager or captain wouldn't allow that sort of thing

• Like 1

He was rediculously good and was one of the best players, if not the best of the 1990 world cup. He did his knee in the spurs v Forest Cup final, through he own fault, a reckless challenge and after that was never as good. It was  massive loss to england and Graham Taylor in the 94 qualification campaign. he also made the mistake of joining Lazio. italian football never suited him. 

I will thanks. 

Yep I watched football as a kid and remember loads of players from that era scoring goals, watching them play etc and thinking wowwww that's cool etc as like a 10 year old but Gazza I remember Scotland goal 96 and him being out on the beers with 5 bellys and that's about it

🤣 you struggle to remember the player but you remember 5 bellies 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He was rediculously good and was one of the best players, if not the best of the 1990 world cup. He did his knee in the spurs v Forest Cup final, through he own fault, a reckless challenge and after that was never as good. It was  massive loss to england and Graham Taylor in the 94 qualification campaign. he also made the mistake of joining Lazio. italian football never suited him. 

Though he did really well in Italy myself

Â