The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Villa goggles off for a second... do we think Jack would make more of an impact off the bench, or Foden? ( As in Jack replaces Foden, or vice versa )

Obviously, from my viewpoint, both of them starting would be immense, but probably won't happen IMO.

For once i agree with Mourinho, we should play Grealish on the left and Foden on the right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

When Chelsea fouled him 9 times last season and only Kante was booked. It was ridiculous. 

The big clubs have a problem. When Jack first started to be noticed they didn’t care because we were rubbish and soon got relegated. They then more or less dismissed Jack as “he’d never done it in the PL.”

Then we came up and Jack got even better, it is now largely recognised that the only way to stop him is foul him. The fact that he doesn’t get enough protection and we haven’t really exploited set pieces properly means that the big clubs still didn’t  have a big problem with Villa. 

This summer, on the back of a good season that finished well, we have moved up a notch or two in the pecking order. We’ve already made a big signing and the word is out that our owners are nothing like the rubbish we’ve endured in the past. They are starting to see a potential problem. The key to the problem is Jack, the obvious solution is to buy him. The next phase of their education in the new Aston Villa is to learn that they can’t buy him. Either that or it’ll cost them so much that it will seriously damage them and add a huge amount to our war chest. 

Now they’ve got a problem. For the likes of Arsenal and Spurs it’s potentially a huge problem. The clubs will already know this, it’s the press that need to catch up. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Being quick is an English footballing notion that needs to die off

Look at Italy last night, able to keep the ball, play their football in tight areas and able to introduce speed when required, it looked great at times

England have better players in attack than Italy.. But we're stuck in this time warp where the answer isn't pass the ball around and move, pull defenders away and utilise the space its run at them really fast, put it up em

It was out dated 20 years ago 

in isolation of many other things ,yes.

but pace can unsettle the opposition as much as talent,can.....but on its own, its just limited.

Like anything, one attribute, is not enough, to be a top player, you need many.

Quickness of brain is as good as anything, reading the game and anticipation, its worth is weight in gold...but as I say, its just another 1 ingredient.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

but pace can unsettle the opposition as much as talent,can.....but on its own, its just limited.

Quickness of brain is as good as anything, reading the game and anticipation, its worth is weight in gold...but as I say, its just another 1 ingredient.

Paul McGrath a prime example

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Paul McGrath a prime example

Yeah, but Paul was deceptively quick over the first few yards, ably aided and abetted, by his football brain.

• Like 1

It’s very difficult to get in behind teams in modern football and just pace doesn’t cut it anymore, good movement and  a footballing brain are the attributes needed, and in terms of speed running with the ball at feet Jack is very quick

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s very difficult to get in behind teams in modern football and just pace doesn’t cut it anymore, good movement and  a footballing brain are the attributes needed, and in terms of speed running with the ball at feet Jack is very quick

Jack is deceptive, he has that rare ability to change pace so quickly i.e slow,slow, quick, slow.....his intial burst, that takes him past players is crucial, its all about timing.

Thats really all you need, in terms of pace.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I think Southgate will play Sterling and Rashford to start, with the Jack and Phil coming on, when its not working.

Just about everyone and his grandmother are saying Grealish-Mount- Foden, behind Kane, but I can't see Southgate being so bold.

The issue for me is, if that happens and we don't win, do the players start to doubt Southgate.....Managers need to be bold and intrepid and believe in their personnel, and the plan, I am not sure Gareth Does.

He comes across to me as a compliant FA man, a diplomat....not a football leader or a groundbreaking tactician.

but I could be wrong.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sterling is a headless chicken at times so his pace is irrelevant when there’s little end product. Jack may not have his pace but there’s far more likelihood of Jack providing an opportunity than there is Sterling.

Our very own GA11 had pace to burn but didn’t deliver often enough.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Southgate will play Sterling and Rashford to start, with the Jack and Phil coming on, when its not working.

Just about everyone and his grandmother are saying Grealish-Mount- Foden, behind Kane, but I can't see Southgate being so bold.

The issue for me is, if that happens and we don't win, do the players start to doubt Southgate.....Managers need to be bold and intrepid and believe in their personnel, and the plan, I am not sure Gareth Does.

He comes across to me as a compliant FA man, a diplomat....not a football leader or a groundbreaking tactician.

but I could be wrong.

You won’t be wrong. Unfortunately….

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

but I could be wrong.

Southgate is Pulis in a waistcoat and fancy pants......

• Like 1

Â