The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think we may have been better off playing teams in the top half while Jack is out injured.

We could keep it tight and try and nick a goal on the break. Against teams we expect to be beating we struggle to break them down without Jack.  Wolves is probably quite an even game in terms of opposition but the Newcastle one could be frustrating.

Having said that we had enough chances to win on Wednesday. 

Cant rely on one player. Thats simply not good enough if you want to challenge the top boys.

I have to say im starting to think we might need to start looking at better players than mcginn come the summer. He isnt showing the level we exepect consistently and the likes of mcginn should be able to provide goals and a creative force in jacks absence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

The lack of transparency when our players are injured is very annoying I must say.

I know. It's very frustrating for fans. 

I get it, you're trying to keep the opposition guessing, but every man and his dog knows Grealish is out until at least the International break, if not longer. I said it from the start, as soon as a timeline on a return isn't set, it means it's a bad injury.

I do find it funny how they come up with these novel ways of extending the length of time he's out. Every press conference, it's the same narrative, only with a slight change. 

'We'll see how he is later on today'
'He's still in a bit of discomfort'
'I'll speak to the medical staff later today'
'This one's come a bit soon for him, we'll assess on Monday' 

I don't tend to see it much with other clubs, but do they do this with injuries as well? I feel like we're the only club where a player can get an injury that puts him out for 3 weeks and then returns after 7. 

More to this than meets the eye.....Ive also heard there is more to this but don't want to make assumptions without knowing all the facts - if true it isn't good. Funny how this is similar to the Engels drama whereby its all vague. Any other injuries and they have no problem discussing. Mmm...

Jack and Targett are the only players that will try to assist.  AEG is all about trying to score goals and BT is somewhat similar.  This means that Ollie is feeding off scraps at the minute.  We just don't play as a team without Jack.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

The lack of transparency when our players are injured is very annoying I must say.

But why? 

They're under no obligation to tell us

Its like transfers and people saying "I just wish the club would make a statement" again why? 

They've done the same for Jack as they did with Ross, Engels, Wesley and cash, vague brief comments that can't be held against them if they turn out to be false, its absolutely standard 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But why? 

They're under no obligation to tell us

Its like transfers and people saying "I just wish the club would make a statement" again why? 

They've done the same for Jack as they did with Ross, Engels, Wesley and cash, vague brief comments that can't be held against them if they turn out to be false, its absolutely standard 

I suppose it's because people want to know what the story is with their best player and when he's going to be back.

I agree with you however, it's somebody's personal health/fitness. If your neighbour goes to the doctor, dentist or physio, you don't go running over to him when he's back asking him to fill you in on all the details. And if you did he would be well within his rights to tell you to piss off.

Im not saying that any of this is true, just wondering what people feel about this as I’m not sure if I’ve seen it posted anywhere on here. 

Around the 19th Feb, numerous sources have stated how an English international and premier league player has been addicted to sleeping pills and often mixes them during parties. Apparently the drug doesn’t get picked up on drug tests either. 

Granted they aren’t the reputable sources i.e daily mail, the sun, sport bible etc. Maybe I’m just a sucker for a conspiracy theory but it did get me thinking. Around the same time these articles were published, jack gets an injury but unlike most players he isn’t give any time frame as to when he’ll be back. Just that he’s being closely monitored or ‘we’ll see how he is in a couple of days.’ Just makes me wonder whether jack is going through some rehabilitation or something. We’ve all seen the kind of shenanigans he has been up to in the past year.

Again I’m just purely speculating and I hope that none of it is true. Was just curious as to what everyone else thinks about this. There’s no denying that everything regarding Jack’s ‘injury’ has been suspicious so far. 

7 minutes ago, Joeyc531 said:

Im not saying that any of this is true, just wondering what people feel about this as I’m not sure if I’ve seen it posted anywhere on here. 

Around the 19th Feb, numerous sources have stated how an English international and premier league player has been addicted to sleeping pills and often mixes them during parties. Apparently the drug doesn’t get picked up on drug tests either. 

Granted they aren’t the reputable sources i.e daily mail, the sun, sport bible etc. Maybe I’m just a sucker for a conspiracy theory but it did get me thinking. Around the same time these articles were published, jack gets an injury but unlike most players he isn’t give any time frame as to when he’ll be back. Just that he’s being closely monitored or ‘we’ll see how he is in a couple of days.’ Just makes me wonder whether jack is going through some rehabilitation or something. We’ve all seen the kind of shenanigans he has been up to in the past year.

Again I’m just purely speculating and I hope that none of it is true. Was just curious as to what everyone else thinks about this. There’s no denying that everything regarding Jack’s ‘injury’ has been suspicious so far. 

No way Jack. I've heard it's a winger who has previous for hooker parties but that could be bullshit too. 

This is all rather worrying and maybe as some are saying there's more to it than meets the eye.

When the Twitter rumours started that he was out and he was being moved from the fantasy teams there were lots of suggestions he was going to be out for a number weeks.

This is now transpiring to be true and at the moment we have little or no idea when he will be back.

Jack is pivotal to us and everything we do. Particularly with the squad we have.

I fear we will lose more games without him than not. We need him back pdq.

1 hour ago, Joeyc531 said:

Hmmm, he does always sound a bit dopey..... 🧐🤔

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Hmmm, he does always sound a bit dopey..... 🧐🤔

Pretty sure someone on here stated categorically that they knew who it was and that it wasn't Jack. 

Here we go. Out again tomorrow. 

After Wednesday's appalling defeat against the worst team in the league, we have more disappointing news. Smith said he was hoping he'd be back for Leeds which was clearly just a lie so as not to sound any alarm.

When he was out for 3 months last time we got smoke and mirrors every week about the extent of the problem. Wouldn't be surprised if he'll miss most of the rest of the season which if that is the case Smith has to get the team functioning without him however he can otherwise these poor performances will continue and all the club's good work this season will be for nothing.

This is the time we really need an in form Barkley so I wish he'd bloody well step up to the plate. 

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Jack and Targett are the only players that will try to assist.  AEG is all about trying to score goals and BT is somewhat similar.  This means that Ollie is feeding off scraps at the minute.  We just don't play as a team without Jack.

I mean, AEG presented Ollie with his best chance on Wednesday, fantastic through ball... 

the problem is that if he has a shin problem and the cure / treatment for it is rest and then the body heal itself then with all the science, intelligence, medicine and good will in the world dean smith cannot tell you how quickly jack grealish's body is going to take to get better

that just is what it is

he will be ready when he's ready, the worst thing we can do is rush him back, especially if we internally see ourselves as a perfectly safe mid table team already seeing the season out, which is something else smith is never going to say

I just watched a video with Harry Pinero and Jack. Jack said before the Liverpool game he had an injection(pain killer?) so didn't know how he would feel, So maybe its long term shin problem hes been nursing and its finally got too bad.

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the problem is that if he has a shin problem and the cure / treatment for it is rest and then the body heal itself then with all the science, intelligence, medicine and good will in the world dean smith cannot tell you how quickly jack grealish's body is going to take to get better

that just is what it is

he will be ready when he's ready, the worst thing we can do is rush him back, especially if we internally see ourselves as a perfectly safe mid table team already seeing the season out, which is something else smith is never going to say

Yep. We're already safe and European qualification is unlikely so absolutely no need to rush him back.

• Like 2

Â