The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

If Jack goes this window, alarm bells will be ringing... McGinn and Mings will seriously start questioning the clubs ambition...

It will be like post-MON all over again 

I don't think they will.

The average football fan is way more pessimistic than a successful athlete is. Mings/McGinn/Luiz will see it as part of the game and carry on as normal. 

Will it be a huge shame if Grealish moves on? Yes, but in the end if he does it'll be because another club paid what our owners believe Grealish is worth. It's not a lack of ambition at all. Is it a lack of ambition when Liverpool sold Coutinho? No, it's business. 

This is part of football. We will get great players and we will keep some of them, but we will also lose some of them. It's just how it goes. 

• Like 2

Other than crying gifs I haven’t seen anything on Twitter - I’d imagine it would be awash with manure ITKs spouting the news too. 

who knows, maybe contact has been made between the clubs about a transfer but considering it’s a Sunday and JG played in a friendly yesterday there’s no way a deal could be struck in such a short space of time. 

Who gives a **** whether Man Utd are struggling to get their targets? Why are we going to allow that to change with Grealish?

NSWE are not going to want sell the crown jewels and alienate the fans with plans to get back to the top in action. If we'd been relegated Jack was off, 100%. We werent.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Spot on. I'd question the leadership at the club for the first time at that point. 

Yep very true. 

First of all he isn't for sale - let's stop the small club mentality. If he is for sale price is 100 million 

80 million with adds ons to a 100.  

Even Brentford can play hardball. Benrahma case in point last year. If that was some of our fan base we would have bent over. 

39 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Spot on. I'd question the leadership at the club for the first time at that point. 

I agree in principle.

However in my view, the only way we would let him go is if he really starting moaning to go.

Who is at fault then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree in principle.

However in my view, the only way we would let him go is if he really starting moaning to go.

Who is at fault then?

I'd honestly say he can go next season. We can't be put into a jam this covid affected window. But ideally we obviously want him to lead this club for his entire career. 

Even if we got £ 100 million, it's clear getting in players, nevermind replacements is very tricky this window. So Man Utd can **** off and hump a cactus. 

Either way I don't think Jack will let it come to that. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

If he goes we better have some marquee signings ready to be announced. I genuinely question the mental state of some of our fans and this might tip them over the edge. 

Would they blow their big top?

Southgate may actually have done us a favour by not picking Jack for England. No club will pay the £75m fee that we’re after unless Jack proves himself at international level.

Jack’s gonna be 25 in a few weeks time, he’s no longer 20/21 like Jason Sancho and that’s important in terms of how clubs look at him.

I’d love him to be a one club player.....and a proper one unlike Gabby who no one ever seriously wanted to buy.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, rayk said:

Southgate may actually have done us a favour by not picking Jack for England. No club will pay the £75m fee that we’re after unless Jack proves himself at international level.

I dont think that Man United, Man City, or any of the European clubs would pay a penny extra this summer just because he had a 25min cameo against Iceland. 

• Like 1

United seem close to signing Van de Beek which means they almost certainly won't be signing Grealish. There's no way he's going this window I'm absolutely certain.

Can't beat having a meltdown for no reason.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I dont think that Man United, Man City, or any of the European clubs would pay a penny extra this summer just because he had a 25min cameo against Iceland. 

I’m not talking about the Nations League but the repeated times Southgate has not called Jack up.

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Who gives a **** whether Man Utd are struggling to get their targets? Why are we going to allow that to change with Grealish?

NSWE are not going to want sell the crown jewels and alienate the fans with plans to get back to the top in action. If we'd been relegated Jack was off, 100%. We werent.

I'd say it's relevant for us, if they get their no 1 target and then don't bid for Jack, then that's great for us, no risk of him leaving for Man U. If they don't get their first choice and instead bid for example £80M for Jack then there is a risk his head will be turned and it could perhaps be difficult for the owners to turn down. Of course we can turn it down, but if they don't even bid for him then risk isn't even there, that's why I think it's relevant.

Â