The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

29 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Apparently on Grealish's old Twitter posts is that he used to be a utd fan, not sure where this comes from..

It’s so lazy. There’s tweets of Jack cheering on Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Spurs. So, by that logic, he’s joining one of them too. Footballers like to watch football shock horror. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s so lazy. There’s tweets of Jack cheering on Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Spurs. So, by that logic, he’s joining one of them too. Footballers like to watch football shock horror. 

This. I've been a Villa fan since I was four. In the late 1960s Manchester United had that superb Best-Law-Charlton side, and I remember watching their 1968 European Cup win with much admiration. The next day I heard a kid from down our street giving it Man U chants - and I gave him a proper bollocking, told him to support a local team. I admired that Man U side, but did it make me a 'supporter'? Never in a million years. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I honestly don't know how what they do is legal. Scumbags, the lot of them.

If I was on the board I'd offer to go on their show then I'd blatantly call them out on their lies. In fact Wes Edens or Purslow should do this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If I was on the board I'd offer to go on their show then I'd blatantly call them out on their lies. In fact Wes Edens or Purslow should do this.

I can imagine Purslow being absolutely amazing at something like that. He speaks so well.

• Like 1

Just now, Okonokos said:

I can imagine Purslow being absolutely amazing at something like that. He speaks so well.

It's their facial expressions when they chat their nonsense. Like they're actually breaking exclusive news. I'd like to have a legally sanctioned MMA bout with both of them so they can block my punches with their chins!

Grrrr they get on tits!

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

im sure at some point this summer we will use them to our advantage, leak them a bit of info to put pressure on a transfer for us

its all one big circus

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KMitch said:

I was watching a highlight video of him and the comments made me sick, the pure arrogance smh.

"He will be a great squad rotation player, and he will take it to join the big dogs"

" Decent back up for Bruno but not a starter" etc.

Things he should take into consideration.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was watching a highlight video of him and the comments made me sick, the pure arrogance smh.

"He will be a great squad rotation player, and he will take it to join the big dogs"

" Decent back up for Bruno but not a starter" etc.

Things he should take into consideration.

There were plenty of posts on here questioning his effort after the restart saying he didnt care about us going down and theyd be happy to see him go.   Hopefully he doesnt read any club's fans' comments.

• Like 2

IMO if a top club comes in for him, he'll want to go.

Jack loves football, he'll be dreaming of playing in the CL on those big European nights against Europe's best, no doubt about it. He loves us no doubt but he'd also love a big move.

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I never really understood the desire to play for England and I think it will go away over time. I saw all the abuse England players got after tournaments around 2004-10, wasn't an England player booed at home not long ago too? I don't see why some of them bother, personally I'd take my summers off and prolong a club career. 

I dunno, the idea of playing in and possibly even winning a World Cup would be the absolute pinnacle as a player.  Unless it's in Qatar of course.

10 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

There’s a photo of me shitting my pants when I was three.

Now I shit my pants every single day.

Very big if you to admit that to us. I'm sure that won't change any of our opinions of you. ; )

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Very big if you to admit that to us. I'm sure that won't change any of our opinions of you. ; )

It's a recpvery process I am working my way through with help from Small Heath, they let me use their stadium as it helps produce a better smelling environment for them. 

31 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

There were plenty of posts on here questioning his effort after the restart saying he didnt care about us going down and theyd be happy to see him go.   Hopefully he doesnt read any club's fans' comments.

I was questioning his effort and performances as well.

Doesn't mean I rate him any less.

I've also admitted that I've been giving him extra digs as I was very salty (Will revert to type if he does go) about everybody just talking about him being too good for us and basically selling him with blessings themselves etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After seeing the statement from the owners today I can now see Grealish here next season. From a business point of view it makes sense. Had COVID-19 not happened and Euro2020 gone ahead it’s quite conceivable that Grealish would have played a part, and possibly returned as a renowned European talent which could have catapulted his worth to circa £100m. Now it’s been delayed until next summer it makes sense for the owners to hold on until then to see if Grealish does go on to enhance his value at a major tournament. If he does, great. He’ll then have a chance to decide to extend his deal (which would have 2yrs left) or to signal he’d like a move. He’ll have also had a season to see if Villa had progressed enough on the pitch to tempt him to stay. If not then Villa could cash out at close to peak value after Euro2021. 
For the first time in many a year Villa hold all the cards in relation to their best player. Thank god for avoiding relegation!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

After seeing the statement from the owners today I can now see Grealish here next season. From a business point of view it makes sense. Had COVID-19 not happened and Euro2020 gone ahead it’s quite conceivable that Grealish would have played a part, and possibly returned as a renowned European talent which could have catapulted his worth to circa £100m. Now it’s been delayed until next summer it makes sense for the owners to hold on until then to see if Grealish does go on to enhance his value at a major tournament. If he does, great. He’ll then have a chance to decide to extend his deal (which would have 2yrs left) or to signal he’d like a move. He’ll have also had a season to see if Villa had progressed enough on the pitch to tempt him to stay. If not then Villa could cash out at close to peak value after Euro2021. 
For the first time in many a year Villa hold all the cards in relation to their best player. Thank god for avoiding relegation!

Don't want to get my hopes up but I'm of similar thinking (barring a +80 million). I think the board are relaxed because of the length of contract.

• Like 1

Â