The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

United fans really think he's worth £50m tops. The arrogance is astounding. They really think we're doing him a disservice by valuing him so high. We'd be doing what every club would do which is try to get compensated for what they think their player is worth, that is if there's even anything in this speculation.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

United fans really think he's worth £50m tops. The arrogance is astounding. They really think we're doing him a disservice by valuing him so high. We'd be doing what every club would do which is try to get compensated for what they think their player is worth, that is if there's even anything in this speculation.

Careful with the word ‘fans’ 😉 

• Haha 1

As an Article I read points out that Grealish at 80 million is very off putting to UTD because not many clubs will pay that much for a rotational player. Rotational is the word here really, think about it where would you want to be?? in a team getting rotated alot and playing CL football or being the main attraction at Villa where your captain?? 

If the moneys still right and the right players get brought in and football at the club is going in the right direction best Grealish stays at Villa for few more seasons at least.

For me if a club wants you they will pay whatever the Owners want them to pay, the moment they cool off interest or keep pussy footing about signing you, to me that's a clear message that they are not desperate for your signature. Utd sound to me like a spot child that have to keep teasing it in the media in Hope's it will gain attention and put pressure on us dropping price. To be fair because its UTD, especially because its them, I would make them pay heaven and earth for Grealish because of all the weight they used to throw about and take advantage of everyone else not having the money. But for all I care can stay away from Jack I really wouldn't sell him to them anyway, to be honest wouldn't want anyone in this league were in getting there hands on him to the point he's a nuisance against us.

Grealish for me he is best where he's at now and honestly I would not want him becoming a subs bench player where he struggles to gain access to first team football. Grealish should be playing first team football because hes one of the best in the team, only time he should be rotated is to give him rest and I feel UTD want him because they see his potential and the damage hes doing out there but at same time wont utilise him how we are to the point he will rot at united. This thought of them buying him for 40 million because they think hes worth only that much only confirms to me that they are trying to throw abit of weight around, whether beat soon as they were to obtain him that he would all of a sudden be worth three times as much, ridiculous they are.

Simply just tell them to F off they can't have him because we have plans that involve him where hes one of the main men here and not some rotate player because they have there stars already.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, colhint said:

Hats off to SGC. He said this a decade ago.

I found this on page 1, (I know but I reeeaaaly love Villa at the moment.)

It seems like a long time ago now, who would have thought how good he would have turned out?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, colhint said:

Hats off to SGC. He said this a decade ago.

I found this on page 1, (I know but I reeeaaaly love Villa at the moment.)

Missed out the part about Adam Johnson being a convicted sex offender.

5/10 for foresight. Must try harder. 

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s the dream! 4 players. 35m on each of them. Job done. 

Shame Jack didn't come through a decade earlier. We lacked exactly that sort of player in a MON team (Maloney did o.k  in his rare games but vast difference in talent there). Imagine Grealish with Young to the left, Gabby to the right upfront and Milner, Petrov and Barry as the midfield options.....

That's the sort of calibre we need to be signing in next few transfer windows if we're to have any chance of keeping him I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Shame Jack didn't come through a decade earlier. We lacked exactly that sort of player in a MON team (Maloney did o.k  in his rare games but vast difference in talent there). Imagine Grealish with Young to the left, Gabby to the right upfront and Milner, Petrov and Barry as the midfield options.....

That's the sort of calibre we need to be signing in next few transfer windows if we're to have any chance of keeping him I think.

And Bent up top. We were missing a couple of key ingredients.

35 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Makes me want to create an account on there fan site, its irritating this is with them.

I would not sell Jack for anything, especially to them. There are a few reasons why I would sell him for anything, one of which is hes worth more to us than what they are offering which is a disgrace. Secondly at Villa hes a fantastic player, Thirdly hes a Villa fan and so are his family. Fourthly which is a personal one for me and it makes me feel closer to my mum who died of cancer, where Jack's Birthday is on 10th september the same day my mother died of the disease. The last thing my mother got me before she passed away was Villa shirt with Grealish on back of it from our promotion season in the champions ship, she never knew who I liked at Villa, god she never even took notice in football and then she went and passed on his exact birthday, which to me is a strange occurrence and to much to be a coincidence.

So yeah I'm not down for selling Jack for even a billion, I know some of you would without a doubt, but for me it's more than just  money, way more I hope you see.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 4

I hope whatever happens that we get a quick clarification whether he stays or goes. I don't want pre-season to be a continuous will he/won't he soap opera.

• Like 3

these players are still on Man U books on high wages

Romero
Pereira
Jones
Smalling
Rojo
Dalot
Mata
Alexis

3 are on loan, most will have a pay rise this year for Champs league qualification, 25 man squad

the five remaining have played 72 games between them. 14 games each. How much room do they have.  Would you buy Mata who's on £150k a week or Joelinton on a third of that. Phil Jones on 120 or Tarowski  on 25. They need to get rid, because they are taking 5 squad places, but who's going to buy them. I don't think they can go for too many foreign players.

• Like 1

Manure can do one. As for their balloon ego, top wearing fans they can too. I'd actually be quite shocked if all the talk of Grealish "having his heart set on a move" there was actually true. Why as a Villa fan would you be so eager to leave your boyhood club which now has a chance to strengthen and push on for that place? They talk about it as though it's his boyhood dream to play for them. They are only in the "top 4 league" because of the record number of dodgy penalties & some VAR decisions they have been give by the corrupt Premier League anyhow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Rotational is the word here really, think about it where would you want to be?? in a team getting rotated alot and playing CL football or being the main attraction at Villa where your captain?? 

You’re looking at this with Villa tinted glasses on. Jack has expressed he wants to play for England. He’ll want to play champions league football. He’ll back himself to get in the starting line up. 

I’m not saying we should sell, we should hold out for the price and valuation we want. But from a player perspective Jack would be crazy to turn down the move.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If he’d come through in O’Neils tenure he’d probably been sold at a lot younger age. 

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Makes me want to create an account on there fan site, its irritating this is with them.

I would not sell Jack for anything, especially to them. There are a few reasons why I would sell him for anything, one of which is hes worth more to us than what they are offering which is a disgrace. Secondly at Villa hes a fantastic player, Thirdly hes a Villa fan and so are his family. Fourthly which is a personal one for me and it makes me feel closer to my mum who died of cancer, where Jack's Birthday is on 10th september the same day my mother died of the disease. The last thing my mother got me before she passed away was Villa shirt with Grealish on back of it from our promotion season in the champions ship, she never knew who I liked at Villa, god she never even took notice in football and then she went and passed on his exact birthday, which to me is a strange occurrence and to much to be a coincidence.

So yeah I'm not down for selling Jack for even a billion, I know some of you would without a doubt, but for me it's more than just  money, way more I hope you see.

I got a bit emotional reading that, thanks for sharing mate.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the fact Jack is the KING of this place, would he be happy somewhere else, would he feel the love, would he regress and hit the bottle?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Manure can do one. As for their balloon ego, top wearing fans they can too. I'd actually be quite shocked if all the talk of Grealish "having his heart set on a move" there was actually true. Why as a Villa fan would you be so eager to leave your boyhood club which now has a chance to strengthen and push on for that place? They talk about it as though it's his boyhood dream to play for them. They are only in the "top 4 league" because of the record number of dodgy penalties & some VAR decisions they have been give by the corrupt Premier League anyhow.

I don’t believe in any of this “corrupt PL” or Man Utd (or any “top four”) favouring stuff for a start. They call Liverpool “LiVARpool” because they believe they get all the decisions. It’s the same for every team. There’s no massive conspiracy - shit decisions happen for every team.

I am a boyhood Villa fan and Villa mean everything to me, but if I were in Grealish’s position I’d move to Man Utd in a heartbeat. I’d want to push on, play for one of the best known and legendary clubs in football, play in the Champions League, earn a massive 6 figure salary and guarantee my place in the England team.

I love Villa but we are irrelevant. We pretend we aren’t but we are. We are as important as Brighton these days. If you have Grealish’s ability you need to be shooting for the stars and then look back at all those medals rather than thinking “gosh I remember that time we comfortably finished 15th”. 

• Sad 1

United unlikely to sign Grealish after Villa survival

It now looks unlikely United will try to sign Grealish in this transfer window, even though Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is a big admirer of the Aston Villa captain. Premier League survival means the cost for any club wanting to buy Grealish from Villa has increased significantly. Villa's bosses were bracing themselves for a flurry of offers if they had been relegated, and it is clear Grealish himself would have - albeit with a heavy heart - pushed for a move out of his boyhood club, so that he could remain playing at the top level. That, inevitably, would have forced down the asking price for Grealish's signature. Now, it is thought it would take an offer in excess of £80m to tempt Villa's bosses to the negotiating table. There are doubts at Old Trafford about how Grealish would fit into the current Manchester United side.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12038078/jadon-sancho-is-manchester-uniteds-priority-as-jack-grealish-interest-cools

Sounds good to me. I doubt anyone else will pay that amount of money.

Of course, this is Sky, they probably were just bored and decided to write something

• Thanks 1

Every club has its star players linked with an unwelcome move at some point. This is nothing special. We lived through years of it with Benteke,.When he got his move it turned out we had seen the best of him and the move was perfect for us. During the time Benetke was here though he really was world class.  Whether he got worse after he left or we just suited him or his injury got him we dont know. 

Anyway, if anyone stressing about Grealish leaving maybe recalling Benteke will help. Sometimes things just work out.

57 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I am a boyhood Villa fan and Villa mean everything to me, but if I were in Grealish’s position I’d move to Man Utd in a heartbeat. I’d want to push on, play for one of the best known and legendary clubs in football, play in the Champions League, earn a massive 6 figure salary and guarantee my place in the England team.

But he's still not going to win anything with Man U, he will never be a legend there because of that, their in a ten year cycle of decline and are only just starting it.

IMO Our only risk of losing him is Man City or maybe Liverpool unless he moves abroad. If any of this happens then It will be mega money , not 50 or even £80m. 

Leeds will keep Philips , who IMO is equally of value to them as Grealish is to us. 

We need to pay him the money and add quality to the squad . Go for top end championship players, that's where the value is and this will hopefully be reflected in our new scouting appointment . 

• Like 1

Â