The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Is he meant to take on 11 people himself and hit a screamer? We’re shitting on Jack for not dancing through their team.

What is he meant to do if we have 20~% possession as a team?

I noticed he closed down more than anyone else today, give up if you think Grealish doesn’t care.

He has a hard job, but he's capable of more than he showed out there. He's always the most closed down out of anyone else but when on form, he always finds a way to shine. 

Sorry to say, but he really hasn't done so in the last 4 games or so. And its pretty noticeable due to how much we rely on him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Its like he is already playing for Manchester united.  Lazy passing poor performances.

Rather we get the 80m if he is going to plah as shit as he has the last two games. Does not seem interested in the slightest

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Its like he is already playing for Manchester united.  Lazy passing poor performances.

Rather we get the 80m if he is going to plah as shit as he has the last two games. Does not seem interested in the slightest

If you’ve got 5 year deal 160k p/w on the table are you going to be 100% in every tackle? 

This is the captain of our club, a supposed fan and he’s basically phoning it in when the chips are down because he’s had his head turned by United. 

The fact Smith hasn’t taken the captaincy suggests he’s either inept or Jack’s lying but tbh I think most of Jacks mates in the squad know

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

If you’ve got 5 year deal 160k p/w on the table are you going to be 100% in every tackle? 

This is the captain of our club, a supposed fan and he’s basically phoning it in when the chips are down because he’s had his head turned by United. 

The fact Smith hasn’t taken the captaincy suggests he’s either inept or Jack’s lying but tbh I think most of Jacks mates in the squad know

I couldnt care less what contract he has waiting for him at united. He is a villa player. 

He definitely looks like a player whoses head has been turned up united

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I couldnt care less what contract he has waiting for him at united. He is a villa player. 

He definitely looks like a player whoses head has been turned up united

Could be. But I really do think some of it is also DS’s stubbornness to keep playing him on the wing. 

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I disagree, we arent expecting that.  It's just that he hasnt been Jack, hasnt been asking for the ball, has been strolling around the park and barely involved in anything....it's just not him.  One game ok but second game doing the same thing, it's just not him being him.

To give one example he dropped back into our half multiple times trying to start something. As a left winger.

Hourihane was invisible. McGinn even more so. El Ghazi spineless. How can Jack have an impact if none of our players are giving him the ball? 

• Like 2

Just now, AV82 said:

To give one example he dropped back into our half multiple times trying to start something. As a left winger.

Hourihane was invisible. McGinn even more so. El Ghazi spineless. How can Jack have an impact if none of our players are giving him the ball? 

I'm not disagreeing with you about the others, I dont think Jack was doing much either today.

Put Grealsh in midfield and he might play well, but it would make the team a lot weaker than it already is, we can't afford to drop one of our midfielders for a playmaker, teams would walk through us even more. And it's since switching to the wing that Grealish's form has picked up and he's started scoring and assisting, when he was playing midfield earlier in the season people were questioning whether he was better than McGinn. MIght get away with playing him in midfield in the championship, but not the premier league, only way it might work is if we played a diamond system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Put Grealsh in midfield and he might play well, but it would make the team a lot weaker than it already is, we can't afford to drop one of our midfielders for a playmaker, teams would walk through us even more. And it's since switching to the wing that Grealish's form has picked up and he's started scoring and assisting, when he was playing midfield earlier in the season people were questioning whether he was better than McGinn. MIght get away with playing him in midfield in the championship, but not the premier league, only way it might work is if we played a diamond system.

3-4-1-2

Konsa Mings Hause

Elmo Luiz McGinn Targett

Grealish

Sammata Davis

• Like 4

That might work, think our best run of form came with three at the back, and allows us to play both Samatta and Davis, I guess some might say now is not the time to be experimenting with formations, but haven't got much to lose now. Also Davis can drop deep and help in midfield as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you about the others, I dont think Jack was doing much either today.

That’s fair. He certainly could’ve put Mings through at one point so I see your disappointment.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Another one going on the ignore list

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We really just assuming he's off to United based on some shoddy reports from some shitty rags? Give your heads a wobble lads. He just looks frustrated playing alongside all this dross.

Nah I know from his camp. Won’t specifically say who but it’s done

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

So what United have agreed 80m?

No but Villa’s board value him at that and have said if it’s met you can leave. Southgate has had a hand to in fairness told him to leave us, spends too long without the ball

Â