The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Needs to play in the same role as Deli Ali. Supporting the striker. 

Disagree.

Need to get him on the ball as much as possible and that means sticking him to the left. Got good chemistry with Targett and it's on the left he's been doing the business.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Alot of people crying for him to be in the middle, don't realise this is the issue we had earlier in the season.

We couldn't get him in the game and it made him less effective, hence why we shifted him wider!

My problem is when he is in the middle he tends to end up very deep, or get crowded out.

With a better nidfield we would have the luxury of him staying advanced right behind Samatta in the middle.

This hopefully wont be an issue once McGinn is back.

City nullified him. We barely gave him the ball and when we did he had no support.

He did about as well as you could expect.

He's twice the player of Phil Foden (currently)

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

City nullified him. We barely gave him the ball and when we did he had no support.

He did about as well as you could expect.

He's twice the player of Phil Foden (currently)

Is he? Why do you say that? I know you can’t judge a player on 1 game but Foden was outstanding yesterday, he outshone Grealish on the big stage 

The Foden stuff is hilarious. If you switched them both around Foden would've looked terrible and Grealish would've ran the show. 

Yup exactly that Stevo

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because he's a better player.

Foden played better yesterday. But he was also playing for one of the best teams in the world against arguably the worst team in the Premier League. 

Put Foden in our XI yesterday and he'd have done nothing either. SImilarly put Grealish in a team where he can link up with De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva, Jesus etc etc etc and he'd look phenomenal.

I think you are saying this with claret and blue specs on, Foden was brilliant yesterday on the big stage, Grealish was nowhere to be seen

Foden is very good player, but doesn't have as much to his game as Grealish, for example he can't move with the ball and go past players like Grealish does, whereas I think Grealish can do everything that Foden can do and to a very high level. If you was to have taken Grealish out of our side and swap him for Foden at the start of the season I have little doubt that we'd be pretty much relegated by now.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is he? Why do you say that? I know you can’t judge a player on 1 game but Foden was outstanding yesterday, he outshone Grealish on the big stage 

I don't get you SGC. Given your propensity to label nearly every young player who comes through as the next big thing, your negative attitude to a player who is actually that is very confusing.

• Like 1

Foden is a real talent, there's no doubt about that, but he's a young man playing in a very good team. Jack has carried Villa for the last 2 and a half seasons. For me there's no comparison. If Grealish was playing for City Foden wouldn't get a look in.

23 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are saying this with claret and blue specs on, Foden was brilliant yesterday on the big stage, Grealish was nowhere to be seen

For reasons that Stevo literally explained to you.

Either actually read people's replies to you, or don't reply to them.

• Like 1

Grealish vs. Foden is just an utterly ridiculous debate. Everyone and his mother knows Grealish is head and shoulders above. Foden had a great game though, and Jack was entirely nullified. 

24 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is it Claret and Blue specs to suggest we’re easier to play against than Man City?

36 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

More effort please.

@screwdriver still leading the way of you lot.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Did you just ignore everything I wrote?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â