The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

20 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What about playing Jack as the striker and Luiz in Jack's role, in behind him? They linked up great yesterday and Luiz is clearly better at the attacking part of the game than the defensive.

Jack would be too isolated. He needs to play facing the goal, not with his back to it. I saw give the kid a chance or just bring him on earlier. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think the exact opposite; when he leaves, he'll be surrounded by much better players who are all on his wavelength, and then he'll look unreal.

100%

You can see he’s getting more and more frustrated with it here I think, obviously the media aspect won’t help.

I said a while back, if we could just get even two players on the pitch on his wavelength we’d be flying up the table.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think the exact opposite; when he leaves, he'll be surrounded by much better players who are all on his wavelength, and then he'll look unreal.

Maybe. I think he will look class but relative to his team mates so won’t be the stand out player anymore.  Hopefully we don’t find out anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I never noticed that first touch yesterday. I thought he just let it run across his body. Pure class. 

edit: my point about him not standing out in a top team is because your Agueros, Mahrez, Silva’s etc do that stuff week in and week out. It becomes the norm. 

For us it’s amazing because no other player in our team can dream of doing it. 

Love the guy. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

The knee slide needs a bit of work. Didn't quite get the distance to make it worthwhile. Needs to take a page out of McGinn's book of celebrations from last season. You can clearly see from the below that he manages to cover at least 3 inches before face planting the pitch.

Image result for john mcginn knee slide gif

On 06/07/2010 at 02:02, Mr_Dogg said:

A 14 year old has more technical ability than Adam Johnson?

I await this Messi/Van Basten/Xavi hybrid.

Just reading back through some posts, I think we may have him!

Well, nearly! 

The fact we're shit makes him so much more impressive not less.

He is our danger man and is frequently double/tripled up on, especially on the left where Neil Taylor doesn't even need to be marked. Yet he still finds a way to single-handedly keep us in games.

He'd be frightening in a team where he constantly has options, and quality ones at that, and the opposition can't afford to leave other players in space to try deal with him.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

100%

You can see he’s getting more and more frustrated with it here I think, obviously the media aspect won’t help.

I said a while back, if we could just get even two players on the pitch on his wavelength we’d be flying up the table.

Aye. While I dont want to see Jack get called up for England mainly because he might get injured but the idea of him playing with the other top players is really mouth watering. He is a fantastic footballer. I have zero doubt when he is surrounded by other elite stars he will play even better. 

I just hope its Villa that buys those elite players and gets there with him rather than us going down and he moving on. I think that's what he wants too.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â