The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We just need to enjoy him whilst he's here. Very few on here thought he'd be playing this well at this level consistently. He's really starting to distinguish himself as one of the best players in his position in the division. Very few can carry the ball like he does, have the confidence to play like he does but also combine that with genuine output. Grealish has elevated his output to levels not seen before in his career which is insane given he has spent a good chunk of his career at a lower level. He's really coming of age as a player.

The bad news is that I really just don't see how he will stay here beyond this season. It's not a question of staying up, even if we do there will be some real 'elite' clubs knocking on the door looking to sign him and I can't see how we'll be able to hold onto him. I'm actually half worried about him this window but I think we'll be able to keep hold of him for now.

Staying up and trying to match his ambition?  We have ambitious owners,  if way stay up they are likely to spend big again

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Staying up and trying to match his ambition?  We have ambitious owners,  if way stay up they are likely to spend big again

Yeah I think you are right here, be really interesting to see what transpires if we can hold onto PL status.

I'm sure Grealish will want to be part of that too at his boyhood club, he's living the dream and he must have thought about wanting to achieve success with Villa.

Just now, Graham t said:

Frankly I think that playing with better players could only enhance his game. He was immense today.😀

yeah, in a squad that was around his level, he would be insane.

No hyperbole, i reckon playing in a successful/talented team, he could be one of the best players in europe.

• Like 1

I remember speaking to One of the Jordans at the end of that horrible season amongst the many things we spoke about the one thing which stuck out was this

‘’ the club is a mess, some players come and go (to training) when they please and nothing happens to them, yet one of the gifted youngsters is a minute late or stays out for a little bit longer he is punished.’’ He was of course referring to Grealish, and one of two of experienced ‘local Villa fans’.

When Dan Crowley was at the club I actually thought he had more ability than Jack, but it shows at the highest level hard work, desire and application will get you further than talent alone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

genuine question.

Do we reckon we can keep Grealish at the end of this season?, even if we stay up?

Even Grealish said if we werent promoted last year he would have left, so that shows that although him and his family are Villa fans, he would have left. (its not a problem that he would have left, i dont mean it in a negative way, i just mean that although he is a fan, he would have left, so just using "he's a Villa fan he wouldnt leave", isnt true).

With that in mind, even if we do stay up this season it will probably be by the skin of our teeth, if a Liverpool or Man City come knocking for him at the end of the season, do we really think he would stay?

If he does leave, at least we will get a fairly huge fee (£80m + i hope for a player of his talent - and he's English), so far he has shown he is capable of playing at the highest level, the big teams in the Prem must be noticing this too.

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

genuine question.

Do we reckon we can keep Grealish at the end of this season?, even if we stay up?

Even Grealish said if we werent promoted last year he would have left, so that shows that although him and his family are Villa fans, he would have left. (its not a problem that he would have left, i dont mean it in a negative way, i just mean that although he is a fan, he would have left, so just using "he's a Villa fan he wouldnt leave", isnt true).

With that in mind, even if we do stay up this season it will probably be by the skin of our teeth, if a Liverpool or Man City come knocking for him at the end of the season, do we really think he would stay?

If he does leave, at least we will get a fairly huge fee (£80m + i hope for a player of his talent - and he's English), so far he has shown he is capable of playing at the highest level, the big teams in the Prem must be noticing this too.

I believe if we stay up he will stay depending on what we do in the summer transfer window. In the summer we will only need 1-2 players of higher calibre than what we have bought in this summer. 

Depends where the interest comes from, if its arsenal or utd then I'd hope yes he'd stay, if city come in for him (after sane and silva leave) then I can't see him staying 

Needs to play for England to get the real big fish interested and even then I think the price tag would scare off anyone who's not in the PL

Part of me wants to see baggie gary from Sandwell spouting shite about his shin pads when barcas official twitter account announces his signing, barca, bayern, inter Milan etc that kind of club but I just don't see it

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

genuine question.

I cant see him staying beyond the end of the season, whether we stay up or not. Perhaps if we were to end this season on a high and finish mid table and then he was told we were to spend serious money in the summer. But I get the feeling that he just wants to play alongside top players now, and to be fair at 24 and after 6 years at Villa in which we've probably averaged a league position of what, bottom of the premier league, he deserves more. He doesn't owe us anything now, if he did at all.

£80 million is no where near his value if that's what players like Maguire cost. I'd be saying £120 plus for someone who could run the midfield of a top premier league team for the next 5-6 years. But I dont even know what the money means to Villa. We would struggle to replace his influence and quality that's for sure.

If we stay up, we’ll have another window to improve the squad and he’ll stay. 

if we don’t improve next season he’ll go I imagine. 

my only other fear is if he misses out on an England call up this season, regardless of being one of the best performers in the league, he may feel he has to leave to further his international career. 

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I cant see him staying beyond the end of the season, whether we stay up or not. Perhaps if we were to end this season on a high and finish mid table and then he was told we were to spend serious money in the summer. But I get the feeling that he just wants to play alongside top players now, and to be fair at 24 and after 6 years at Villa in which we've probably averaged a league position of what, bottom of the premier league, he deserves more. He doesn't owe us anything now, if he did at all.

£80 million is no where near his value if that's what players like Maguire cost. I'd be saying £120 plus for someone who could run the midfield of a top premier league team for the next 5-6 years. But I dont even know what the money means to Villa. We would struggle to replace his influence and quality that's for sure.

well, the more money we got, would mean more we could re-invest without touching FFP.

If we had say......£130m we could spend without breaking FFP, then adding say.....another £100m from Grealish, would mean in one foul swoop we could invest £230m in the squad.

So yeah, the value/income would be very important for us.

Leicester basically did something similar by having to sell off their best players (Kante - 32m /Maguire - 80m / Mahrez - 60m / Drinkwater - 35m - 207m), then reinvesting that in players like Tielmans - 40m, Perez - 30m, Praet - 19m, Maddison - 22m, Periera - 20m, Soyunuca - 19m, Ndidi - 15m, Slimani - 28m, Silva - 22m, Ihenacho - 22m - 237m, and are actually a much better side for it.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I cant see him staying beyond the end of the season, whether we stay up or not.

In the event of us staying up, him leaving isn't just his decision though. We will need someone to pay our valuation of him, which will be crazy high and I don't think anyone would after only 1 year in the Premier League.

Edited by PieFacE

"IF" we stayed up, i would be tempted to obliterate FFP, spend HUGE with a view to getting us top 4 or 6, keep Grealish, and accept the fine that we would get for breaking FFP.

Would probably be a really really terrible idea though......on balance, for so so many reasons.

:)

50 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He is slowly becoming my favourite Villa player of all time, hope he stays long enough.

My biggest fear is that he will get injured, he is playing every game, works his socks of and gets hacked down all the time. Has he managed a whole season before? I don't dare think the tought of us without him at the moment.

Not many players complete a whole season uninjured at some point. Doesn't necessarily mean they get worse as players. Look at KDB for example, gets injured quite a bit but he's an absolute monster.

Â