The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think a player has united an entire league in hatred since Ronaldo in 2006

Yeah this league hates him, what's his could committed on him now over 200 must be.

If anyone deserves an achievement it's Grealish for not having a broken leg.

On 12/05/2019 at 08:50, villarocker said:

Jack deliberately holds on to the ball longer in order to drawer fouls from his opponents and gain free kicks, often in dangerous areas, for his team. It takes courage and strength of character to constantly do that knowing that it involves you being tripped or kicked and a possible injury following the challenge. Messi and Ronaldo do it but they have the extra goals in them that make them the very best. For instance, I believe Messi did the same thing in the first leg of the CL semi against Liverpool then scored from the resulting free kick. 

Jack has knuckled down, trained hard to build up his strength and is now the player we hoped he would be. He drags our team up the pitch time and time again, game after game. Sometimes he adds a goal to his game but most time assists in the goal either directly like in both of yesterday's goals or indirectly by dragging his markers out of position. He's a very talented player who most teams would want in their starting line-up each game. We are lucky we can call him ours and one of us. 

You would think after hundreds of fouls that the players in this league would of wised up to it, but nòoooòoo..

You know as the saying goes if it ain't broke then don't fix it, if it works and it's tactical so long as it's not Gayle type behaviour then so be it.

Players should learn but Jack has them sussed on that one to the point it's shocking at times that they keep falling for it and commiting to early.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lol as if this was even a thing that happened. 

Thats it, the league will be wishing to see the back of Grealish one way or another next season. If I were our owners just to take the pee, I'd  say no sale regardless just to do there heads in for another season.

If be jealous and spiteful too if my best players didn't possess the skill that Jack has in his pinky toe.

That feeling when his release clause is worth more than your whole club and comes onto the pitch with a swagger and runs circles around your whole team. I'd be clutching at straws too.

Edited by Keyblade

There is a clear and obvious tactic from teams to foul Jack. Quite often, in the first few minutes, their 'tough guy' will give him a dig. Often it's after the ball has gone - just knocking him over, hoping to draw an injury of some sort. It's cheating, which is why a foul is given.

I think we've done a good job of getting into the officials ears about this, in the hope they stamp on it early - no let-off for an early foul (that Bloose prick got booked early, which stopped him being able to kick Jack all over the Sty).
I also think Jack is smart to draw attention to it - it highlights the amount of fouls, which are sometimes committed by different players, and can help draw bookings. This is exaggerating the problem, but isn't cheating for me. If it were, the ref's would stop giving fouls and start booking Jack for diving.

As we've all said, if you don't want to give away free-kicks - stop fouling him!

It's great that we can use the free kicks that Jack wins us to our advantage. I think if we start with  Hourihane it might make sense due to his excellent set piece delivery if we're expecting Grealish and McGinn to be kicked to oblivion by the Tesco bags. 

Dive or no dive, there is not a referee in the country who wouldn't have pointed to the spot. And, with that in mind, there's not a player, who wouldn't have made the most of that clumsy challenge by Gibbs.  I haven't seen a wreckless challenge like that since I saw Nathan Baker scythe down Suarez in front of the North stand.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If be jealous and spiteful too if my best players didn't possess the skill that Jack has in his pinky toe.

That feeling when his release clause is worth more than your whole club and comes onto the pitch with a swagger and runs circles around your whole team. I'd be clutching at straws too.

Made me laugh cause it's true 

Just been talking to another Leeds fan. He thinks that all this season, referees have been giving Jack far too much protection. And he seriously believes it. 

33 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

There is a clear and obvious tactic from teams to foul Jack. Quite often, in the first few minutes, their 'tough guy' will give him a dig. Often it's after the ball has gone - just knocking him over, hoping to draw an injury of some sort. It's cheating, which is why a foul is given.

I think we've done a good job of getting into the officials ears about this, in the hope they stamp on it early - no let-off for an early foul (that Bloose prick got booked early, which stopped him being able to kick Jack all over the Sty).
I also think Jack is smart to draw attention to it - it highlights the amount of fouls, which are sometimes committed by different players, and can help draw bookings. This is exaggerating the problem, but isn't cheating for me. If it were, the ref's would stop giving fouls and start booking Jack for diving.

As we've all said, if you don't want to give away free-kicks - stop fouling him!

Clattering the skillful player at the start of the game has been part of the game at all levels since football began. However, it really needs to be stopped.Taking Grealish for example, it doesn't make him scared to compete and put him off his game, so the only reason it still happens is to try and injure him, that and referees give teams a free hit or 2 or more before they will get a card out for clear yellow card challenges.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just been talking to another Leeds fan. He thinks that all this season, referees have been giving Jack far too much protection. And he seriously believes it. 

Well, he’s a Leeds fan, so he’s not that bright.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Some hack from the evening standard claiming a deal is done with Spurs for £25m.

I assume that's for a pair of his boots.

so the same figure as spurs wouldnt agree to last summer, since then hes signed a new deal, theyve lined up around 80-120m in CL prize money and we don't know what league we'll be in next year

but we agreed the deal

yeah ok

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Some hack from the evening standard claiming a deal is done with Spurs for £25m.

The media were 100% certain Jack was off to spuds for up to £25m last summer and he’s still at Villa. Why would Villa sell for the amount they rejected last summer when Jack now has a longer contract and Jack has been even better this season?

Â