The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

25 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I'm in my 40's, I appreciate it's "only a game", I've experienced "real loss" like most of us have in our own way, I lost my mum prior to the Fulham final and I was hoping that a victory would be some kind of sign that she's watching down (probably stupid I know) but it never happened and it hurt, but more so for other reasons, than the football side and not going up...

This one feels different, I want it so bad, for our fans, for Jack (to stay), for Smith (one of us), for everyone involved at the club, I literally am not ashamed to say it, but to see our Jack lift the play-off trophy at Wembley on Monday will probably bring me to floods of tears..

Good luck Jack, play your game, lead us to victory and see you next season!! 

I agree.

This year does feel like a somehow more important year than last season.. I mean, last year, it was pretty much shit or bust, we'd lost Terry, Snoddy and Grealish was going to go.. so the magnitude was huge last year... And I still think this year feels like a more important one. 

Maybe it's because we'd defo lose Grealish, we'd lose Tuanzebe, we'd lose Mings.. there'd would be a big squad exodus with Jedi, Whelan and Hutton etc leaving.. 

This year, we've broken our winning record after being completely out of contention for the top 6 after Xmas - how we managed that I'll never know.. luck, sweat and tears I suppose.. 

But it's the feeling of "If we don't capitalise" then it'll feel like a years worth of wasted time.  I think if we could have chosen anyone to play in the play off final out of the top 6, it would have been Derby.  I think if we could have asked for anything, it would be to get Baggies and Leeds out of the way...

It just feels like it's the right time.  

If it isn't, where do we go from here?  We'd have to buy (and probably loan) a load of players... would we be thinking about the Prem?  Mid table?  I dunno.. I just hope we cross the line. 

I mean look at the Derby fans - they think they won the lottery just beating Leeds.. They're happy with having a chance to go up.. For me - it's a "we must go up, we cannot keep passing up these one of games".  

Fulham deserved it this year, I don't think Derby would tbh - they've done well to get top 6, I think with rumors of Frank leaving etc, that may just take a few eyes off the ball (hopefully).

I'm relishing a summer under this board and this management set up - I want to see what we can do.  I want to see what the chairmen are up to, what their plans and aspirations are - what they hope they can achieve with us.. 

But EVERYTHING is dependent on the result of one football game.  For our club, this is an absolutely vital time.  I just hope we see a performance we can be proud of.  I could just about take a loss if we play like I know we can play.  If Derby can take us at our best, then well done them.  I just have horrible, nagging doubts that we're going to get Wembley-itis again and go into our shells.  By the same token, I think with Smith, we'll take (or try to) the game to them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, shoes, living room and indoor

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, close-up

So these are apparently photos of Jack smashed in France.

Hope I don't sound like a clearing in the woods but I don't know how to feel good about players, especially our talisman and "captain" being wankered in the week leading up to the biggest games of their lives and our season, with so much hanging in the balance.

If this was a player like Gabby the uproar would be endless.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, shoes, living room and indoor

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, close-up

So these are apparently photos of Jack smashed in France.

Hope I don't sound like a clearing in the woods but I don't know how to feel good about players being wankered in the week leading up to the biggest games of their lives and our season, with so much hanging in the balance.

Two things come to my head.

1. Yea, probably shouldn't be doing that if you are an elite sportsman (Ronaldo would never be caught doing it.

2. At least it shows he's relaxing and whatever I guess? 

But it doesn't exactly look great.  That said, these are 2 photos, no one knows the context, no one knows if he was "smashed", it's just two snapshots.  I'm sure there will be a mini witch hunt though. 

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

1. Yea, probably shouldn't be doing that if you are an elite sportsman (Ronaldo would never be caught doing it.

But it doesn't exactly look great.  That said, these are 2 photos, no one knows the context, no one knows if he was "smashed", it's just two snapshots.  I'm sure there will be a mini witch hunt though. 

It's 5 photos, I just pulled the 2 most relevant.

11 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I really, really hope this isn't as it looks. 

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Seems the post has now been removed from Facebook.

Someone must have been in touch to tell them to get it down sharpish!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems the post has now been removed from Facebook.

Someone must have been in touch to tell them to get it down sharpish!

Unfortunately, as we all know, the internet never forgets!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Frankly it's a complete disgrace. He should feel totally ashamed and come out now and apologise to the fans. 

There is absolutely no excuse for wearing such a horrendous top, I can only pray it was a gift from Nzogbia and not something he's actually purchased himself. 

I'm a little concerned with the GOAT necklace too

• Like 2

This would be so massively disappointing.

He's also setting himself up to be slaughtered unless he pretty much plays the game of his life in the final.

Unless we still win of course than this will be forgotten.

But for a club captain to do this ahead of the biggest game in ages is, just wow.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

I'm pretty sure those pics aren't even Jack.........

Agreed. 

But if they do retina testing and it turns out to be Jack, then he 100% should be dropped for the playoff final.

The only thing that matters is performance on Monday. It’s 6 days until the playoff final, frankly he could get wankered tomorrow and I wouldn’t care. He’s a 23yr old lad in superb physical shape, I’m pretty sure he’ll be fine for next Monday. They don’t have to live like monks. 

• Like 2

Â