The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

34 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Jack deliberately holds on to the ball longer in order to drawer fouls from his opponents and gain free kicks, often in dangerous areas, for his team. It takes courage and strength of character to constantly do that knowing that it involves you being tripped or kicked and a possible injury following the challenge. Messi and Ronaldo do it but they have the extra goals in them that make them the very best. For instance, I believe Messi did the same thing in the first leg of the CL semi against Liverpool then scored from the resulting free kick. 

Jack has knuckled down, trained hard to build up his strength and is now the player we hoped he would be. He drags our team up the pitch time and time again, game after game. Sometimes he adds a goal to his game but most time assists in the goal either directly like in both of yesterday's goals or indirectly by dragging his markers out of position. He's a very talented player who most teams would want in their starting line-up each game. We are lucky we can call him ours and one of us. 

Yes, and he always makes the last move and lets the defender move first. This is what only few players are able to do effectively, and it's a sign of a truly talented player. By holding the ball longer you either get past the player or get fouled. With shooter like Conor in the team, this is a major advantage we have.

• Like 1

I get why other fans call him a diver, a lot of fouls on him are just trips which he could run through but point is they are still fouls and jacks just very good at making sure the ref gives it when he should, it’s a bit of a shield. 

It was mentioned in the commentary at the time but even Hourihane's goal shows you some of the subtle differences in quality that just have him a class (or ten) above others.

McGinn - for how good he's been this season really struggled yesterday I thought - tries to lay the ball off for Jack at the edge of the box, but despite shaping to hit it first time there's too much pace on the ball and it's played between his feet, so he's instead force to control it. He then carries the ball into a similar position to where the pass he received was played from and then puts it on a plate for Hourihane, perfectly weighted and right on his left foot. Seems simple only because he makes it look so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, 8pints said:

A woman I work with sometimes calls him Grea-Lush 😍

Related imageRelated image

So there you go, he's being objectified.

Related image

I know he is. Why am I not? It's not fair. I'm angry.

• Haha 2

I think the new Jack Grealish would really excel playing in those wide open spaces at Wembley (Even though the Wembley pitch is actually the same size as nearly every other pitch) 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow the boggies really are desperate. Trying to get grealish banned for a dive when there is clear contact and a pen. 

I know.. 

EFL/FA going to review it and look at refs notes but doubt it will change anything.

Desperation already, tomorrow night is going to be ugly. We have seen the measure this lot have started to resort to now so no suprises to see us get hacked hell out of, WBA cheating and big attempts to frustrate us tomorrow.

They have practically conceeded this now if you listen to their fans, they will be going into this with nothing lose mentality.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow the boggies really are desperate. Trying to get grealish banned for a dive when there is clear contact and a pen. 

LOOOOOOOOOL. Clear penalty.

They should be penalised if unsuccessful for wasting FA/EFL's time 🤣

• Like 1

Desperation tactics from a desperate team. They had to cheat at the hawthorns earlier this season to scrape a point now they trying this. 

Hope Smith obliterates them tomorrow night 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It's not even like there's a question in it... Clear as it comes! 

4 minutes ago, Dale said:

It's not even like there's a question in it... Clear as it comes! 

If it wasn't, why didn't Olbiyun's players complain to the referee? Not one of them did.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not just Baggies, have a pop over to a Leeds fan forum and they have a thread dedicated to it 🤣

4 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

LOOOOOOOOOL. Clear penalty.

They should be penalised if unsuccessful for wasting FA/EFL's time 🤣

They should send Gayle over, he is quite good at wasting time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â