The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I **** hate Levy, but secretly wish we had a chairman that did the same in the transfer market. Constantly low ball other teams but demand the earth for your third string RB.

Good example of a very wealthy owner employing a top business man to take care of things. 

Doesn’t matter how wealthy (or not) owners are if they employ the wrong people or even crooks like in our case.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I can live with it to an extent. Dwight yorke, barry, milner, benteke, young etc.. we know when a player is too good for us. While that hurts, you know money can be reinvested to try and improve and bring in new players. 

The thing that makes me angry with jack, is that this won't be the case. We will be selling him to just make the accounts better. 

That's how most teams survive now sadly. Getting value for money (buy low, sell high) and producing your own talent is top of the agenda as the money keeps people going.

4 minutes ago, Chap of Steel said:

If Norwich's James Maddison is going to be sold for £25 million, how much does that make Grealish worth?

About double that to be honest.

But in reality, we should be using that as our minimum. If anyone offers below this, then they should be laughed at.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chap of Steel said:

If Norwich's James Maddison is going to be sold for £25 million, how much does that make Grealish worth?

Probably about the same, only everyone know we are desperate for cash so will try and exploit that with insultingly low offers.

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

All gone a bit quiet on this since Spurs apparently made an offer. Hope that isn't a sign of negotiation.

Hope it's a sign that we told Levy what to do with his bid and anyone else that came sniffing around wanting to make a similarly deriosory bid for our best player in the assumption that we were so desperate for any sort of money that we would accept their insulting bid.

maddison has better stats meaning that anyone who hasn't watched the pair of them (which is a lot of people) will almost automatically say jack is worth less

i think jack has the higher ceiling of the 2 players so as a benchmark is worth more

Edited by villa4europe

This Maddison transfer might be really useful to us in a few ways. Grealish is the better player, and has some prem experience already. Plus the clubs rumoured to be interested are in the top 6. Meaning his value should be greater than Maddison’s. 

If we do sell him for less than what Maddison is going for, then that will tell us an awful lot about our financial situation.

This all depending on whether or not he is sold of course.  

Maddison 2017 season : Appearances 49 Goals 15, Assists 11, Minutes played 4112

Grealish 2017 season : Appearances 34 Goals 3, Assists 8, Minutes played 2361

Norwich only scored 49 goals, Maddison scored or created over half of them..

Anyone who thinks we are getting 40 million is mad

Hell if you take Grealish entire career for us his stats don't even match one season of maddison

Grealish total premier league, championship & cup : Appearances 108 Goals 9, Assists 14, Minutes played 6268

Edited by LakotaDakota

22 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Maddison 2017 season : Appearances 49 Goals 15, Assists 11, Minutes played 4112

Grealish 2017 season : Appearances 34 Goals 3, Assists 8, Minutes played 2361

Norwich only scored 49 goals, Maddison scored or created over half of them..

Anyone who thinks we are getting 40 million is mad

Hell if you take Grealish entire career for us his stats don't even match one season of maddison

Grealish total premier league, championship & cup : Appearances 108 Goals 9, Assists 14, Minutes played 6268

And yet, Maddison didn’t have any of the top 6 clubs sniffing around. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What a strange way to slate keinan davis

Who's slating him? I love Keinan Davis, and Heskey in his prime was a great player.

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Who's slating him? I love Keinan Davis, and Heskey in his prime was a great player.

Ok fair enough my apologies as I thought as heskey wasnt rated very highly rated at his time here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Don't worry, I'll not have a bad word said about Keinan. I'd love him to cement his place in our starting line-up this season

Not so sure myself. I'm a bit old fashioned in that sense as I prefer my strikers to score goals!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok fair enough my apologies as I thought as heskey wasnt rated very highly rated at his time here.

Heskey was not highly rated, in fact that's an understatement.

I've never known anyone to be compared to Heskey in a favourable sense but each to their own.

It's great that we're so behind all these kids, ya know, the same ones everyone says SB is too afraid to play, maybe he's just saving them from being labelled the next Heskey......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Heskey was not highly rated, in fact that's an understatement.

I've never known anyone to be compared to Heskey in a favourable sense but each to their own.

It’s great that we're so behind all these kids, ya know, the same ones everyone says SB is too afraid to play, maybe he's just saving them from being labelled the next Heskey......

Wow. Where to start?

1) Heskey being picked for 62 England caps says different to your opinion that he was so poorly rated.

2) Look in the Davis thread and you’ll see people positively comparing him to Heskey, in terms of his strength, hold up play and supplying others around him.

3) I assume your comment was aimed at me, as no-one else in here is talking about our kids (Jack isn’t considered a kid now, I guess), but you will not find a post on this forum where I say that Bruce is too afraid to play kids. Fans thinking that an alternative manager may be able to DEVELOP our youth better than Bruce does not necessarily mean that we don’t think Bruce plays kids.

4) Nice attempt at a pointless dig using a pointless... point. :thumb:

• Like 3

Â