Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Got a few more episodes of The Americans to go. I don't want it to end, this has been a really excellent show. Having had to wait so long for season 6 to come out, and having since watched Chernobyl I found myself suddenly wondering if that storyline would have had background impact happening as it was at a similar time, but alas it is not to be, though I suppose it would have taken time away from the broiling climax. 

A couple of episodes into season 1 of Money Heist ( La Casa de Papel) and it's not bad.

Apparently it get's better with time as well.

Not fluent in Spanish so subtitles is a must but no biggie.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of ‘Black Monday’. 

It was pretty promising, some genuine laughs and a wicked soundtrack. Don Cheadle is really good. 

Massively over the top, but worth a look. 

On 11/06/2019 at 13:10, Stevo985 said:

Yeah according to the podcast everyone got financially rewarded, but it was pittance compared to the risks they were taking.

To me that reflected kind of a fine line between people doing it because they were doing it for their country, and doing it because they thought they'd get shot if they didn't.

Summary executions largely weren't a feature of Soviet life after the Second World War. People might have suspected with some justification that they would have been sacked and found it hard to get another job if they didn't do the work, and a lot of people may have accepted the need to do the state's work with little enthusiasm because that's just what you did, but I doubt many people were genuinely afraid they would have their heads blown off. 

A Batman's butler prequel series, seriously? :D 

Scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit here.

Can't wait for the Aquaman's dads lighthouse working series...

• Haha 1

3 episodes in to when they see us, if it wasn't for Chernobyl id be declaring that as the best mini series id seen in a while

if you watch it and like it watch the documentary and watch 13th, this isn't an isolated event and its still happening (what is happening with minor crimes shown in 13th is mind blowing)

Finished Sharp Objects on Sky yesterday.

Very enjoyable, well put together show. Terrific performances from Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson and a great, slow burn story with a strong finale. Recommended if you haven't seen it.

Also finished S2 of Killing Eve - decent enough, with some standout scenes and lots more Fiona Shaw which is always a bonus. I can't help thinking it's kind of run it's course now though as the two main characters were in danger of turning into caricatures a few times over the series. Still good entertainment though.

• Like 2

On 12/06/2019 at 15:52, sne said:

A couple of episodes into season 1 of Money Heist ( La Casa de Papel) and it's not bad.

Apparently it get's better with time as well.

Not fluent in Spanish so subtitles is a must but no biggie.

Money Heist is fantastic.

Finished good omens

Its ok, it has some big problems, the main story is just ok not a lot more, the majority of the secondary characters are shite, Jack Whitehall and the witch stuff did nothing for me at all, what saves it are sheen and tennant, both are superb, look like they're having great fun and they get the balance between them spot on worth watching for them pair alone 

I think I have the kiss of death with Netflix shows. Pretty much every single show I've become a fan of has been cancelled, ive posted before about this. Now, I've watched the first episode of season 2 of Happy! just yesterday and today it's been cancelled. Great.

Just discovered Gavin and Stacey on Netflix. Obviously I'm very late with this one, but it's not bad. Had studiously avoided it due to the presence of James Corden but my partner who doesn't have the same prejudice forced me to watch an episode. I confess i find it has some very funny moments.

Â