Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

9 eipsodes in, It isn't very good and the Villain is rather pathetic. Since the 2nd or 3rd episode i have been wondering why the hell i am watching it and contemplating just watching the final episode instead but for some reason i have endured another 6+ hours. I will be very glad when it is over

Doesn’t fill me with confidence that this will be any good then. Daredevil is the only one they should not have cancelled.

i have to also add iron fist s02 was very good better than first

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah, the final couple of seasons are a bit shit, but the first few are brilliant and well worth watching. 

To be honest, I struggle to think of many series that do end well. 

Sopranos, The Wire..... struggling to think of more. I'm sure they exist tho.

I think that splits opinion but the winding up of the sopranos was great IMO

• Like 2

finished season 1 of the fall last night, didn't really hook me if im honest, decent but not great and im in no rush to start season 2

I need to try and get killing eve on something other than the iplayer (living abroad so its blocked) and get it "proper" so I can stick subtitles on it for the other half

Anyone watched this? Babylon Berlin.

Babylon Berlin Poster

It's starting on Swedish telly but apparently there are already 2 seasons out and 2 more scheduled.

It's getting rave reviews. It's set in 1929 Berlin and the aftermath after WW1 and the Weimarrepublic through the eyes of a WW1 veteran who is now a cop.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Babylon Berlin Poster

It's starting on Swedish telly but apparently there are already 2 seasons out and 2 more scheduled.

It's getting rave reviews. It's set in 1929 Berlin and the aftermath after WW1 and the Weimarrepublic through the eyes of a WW1 veteran who is now a cop.

Yes, I have watched series 1. I enjoyed it as it was quite different from most dramas but not too ‘arthouse’, if you get what I mean. Far from fantastic but it kept me watching and I will be watching series 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Babylon Berlin Poster

Sounds a bit Bernie Gunther-ish. 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 09:43, villa4europe said:

finished season 1 of the fall last night, didn't really hook me if im honest, decent but not great and im in no rush to start season 2

I need to try and get killing eve on something other than the iplayer (living abroad so its blocked) and get it "proper" so I can stick subtitles on it for the other half

if you have a VPN you can use a UK server to get iplayer on your laptop or smart tv.

Started watching Bad Blood on Netflix, sold on the idea of it being a true account of the Montreal mafia. 

think i’m jacking it in after only episode 2 - the acting and dialogue are so so poor.

It’s not even bad good! 

The Chi Poster

Finished season 2 of The Chi.

It's pretty grim, but not in a explicit way.

A slow downward spiral where people get more and more drawn into shit they can't get out of. Not many happy endings in sight.

Doesn't get the attention it should have IMO, very solid series, easily as good as Snowfall.

And there is a S3 scheduled.

Just finished Chernobyl. Believe the hype, it's excellent. 

The companion podcast is wonderful too. It's basically footnotes to every episode from the guy who created the show, how things were shot, what's true, what's dramatised, how much effort went into making things look legit (clue: a lot! Quite a lot of the actors even look like the people who were key players in the actual events) and why it's important. Hugely recommended. 

A bit late to the party, but I'm on season 4 of Sons of Anarchy. What a show.

If you are looking for something with a good story line, strong characters and a bit of blood, look no further. 

16 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Quite a lot of the actors even look like the people who were key players in the actual events

I was surprised by just how true that was during the closing moments of the show when they show the real people.

I would have thought it was a terrible idea to restrict casting so much to get actors that bear a striking resemblance to the people they're portraying, yet they're all absolutely superb.

Re: Chernobyl. I was 7 when it happened, I think either it or the space shuttle exploding are the first significant newsworthy event I can recall being aware of at the time. 1986 was definitely the year I woke up culturally (Merseyside derby cup final, Diego Maradona, pretty much all the number one records) and Chernobyl was a big part of that. It's always held a fascination for me and presumably for most people who can remember it being on the news, the acid rain scare stories, Gorbachev being so famous even primary school kids would recognise him and nuclear just being a scary word. If you missed all that, say if you are under 35 then does it carry a similar mystique or are you just buying into a cool TV show?

• Like 3

Â