Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

When They See Us on Netflix is excellent. 

I had to turn it off two thirds of the way through episode one. Just way too stressful for me. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah. :) FWIW, I thought eps 2 & 3 were the best. 

I went through a spell of being fascinated with Chernobyl about 10-12 years ago including looking into going to visit it. Never happened in the end but did a lot of reading on it. 

Watching tartort in Germany, basically because of the regional TV licensing and blah blah they joined together and do a Sunday night police movie, 90 minutes long, set in different cities using different recurring characters, think there are 9 cities in total, imagine mid summer murders but set in London, Brum, Manchester, Liverpool etc really cool concept and incredibly popular here, been going 50 years and over 1000 episodes (saw a bar last weekend that does a big screen for it with a meal special) 

Tonight (bank holiday today) is set in cologne, they use a fair bit of the city which is also cool, these characters will be back in 3 months time, keeps it fresher than MSM 

Edited by villa4europe

Finished Chernobyl yesterday. Absolutely brilliant. All involved should be showered with awards. I can’t find a single fault with it. Harris, Skarskård and Watson were sublime, as was all the supporting cast, the directing, cinematography, writing, score. Perfection. Just wow. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Late to the party but loving Mindhunter on Netflix. 

Brilliant, interesting and well done. 

The guy playing Ed Kemper is horrifyingly close to the real thing.

• Like 4

I usually don't do TV-series, they always have a tendency to outlive their script-talents or getting dropped at the whim of a executive and not getting a conclusion. And I get bored :D

But following the chatter on here and knowing it would only be a mini-series I thought I'd give Chernobyl a go as the subject is an interesting one for me growing up in the Nordic aftermath of it.

shocked kristen bell GIF by The Good Place ,  good choice indeed. The clicking in the dive-scene had my toes curling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Yes, he was superb.

very unnerving. 

Quite a lot of his dialogue is directly quoting Kemper, who is an unusually talkative serial killer. He's an interesting guy to read up on... (Gruesome stuff follows)

Spoiler

'Highlights' of his killing 'career' include being more ashamed of touching a woman's breast than of brutally murdering her, driving around giving women lifts and gambling on whether he'd kill them or not, unloading bodies from his car in broad daylight, casually describing stabbing someone to death as not being like the movies as people actually 'leak to death', beheading his mother and screaming at the head on his mantelpiece for hours before attempting to shove his mother's vocal chords into the garbage disposal, then using the head to pleasure himself before using it as a dartboard. He also buried some heads under his mother's window looking up as 'she wanted people to look up to her'.

Kemper is **** evil.

The other killers that appear are very accurate as well, though less detail is shown (Richard Speck for instance, they don't really go into his crimes that much), but the Kemper guy is scarily close to reality, right down to the voice.

• Like 1

I can't afford Sky or HBO so I'm watching Sellafield on Dave.

It's probably even better than Chernobyl.and Les Dennis is brilliant as the dodgy politician who tries to sweep it all under the rug.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I can't afford Sky or HBO 

firestick

I've not got actual TV anymore, just Netflix, amazon and now TV for about 25 a month, if im desperate to watch anything on terrestrial TV then I stream it or use various catch up apps

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

firestick

I've not got actual TV anymore, just Netflix, amazon and now TV for about 25 a month, if im desperate to watch anything on terrestrial TV then I stream it or use various catch up apps

Ah cheers man.

10 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Dive scene was haunting indeed but, as I think was mentioned earlier, that realtime roof scene...Christ. 

Yep. Possibly the highlight of the show. Brilliant scene.

Â