Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So you game of throne fans who told me gets good from end of season 3, have just finished this.

Have to say yes it was a very good episode very surprising as we of course was not expecting that to happen. What I will say is what was the purpose of Robb? I mean this show has built him up for 3 seasons and then they just do that to him? The same with his mum it was brutal what happened and unexpected but just made them pointless characters. I just think the Starks in this are pointless they have been destroyed and the Cannisters are just too strong for them. All you have is Jon Snow and the younger kids what chance do they have? 

Have to say the torture to GreyJoy is kind of brutal to watch. 

Dem! Spoilers FFS! ;)

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There you go go back to page 815 ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Guys I had this discussion earlier and I was told because GOT had been out so long I don't need to put spoiler tags on and that was by mods. So apologies as if you go back I was initially doing them as spoilers

I didn't think there was any specific rule or time-scales however plots of tv shows have never really been discussed on this thread ever. 

Don't worry I will probably never watch GOT and if I do i'll no doubt forget what i've seen here! :D

• Thanks 1

I’m 4 episodes into AC and while it’s not a 10/10 and the occasional ropey acting aside, it’s still really bloody good imo. The ott nudity is a bit weird at times but the pros of the show heavily outweigh the cons and Im invested in the story, characters, atmosphere and the world. 

• Like 1

Half way through the new Star Trek series: Discovery

The mushroom business is all a bit on the religious star wars side of things and I hate the nod to the original in the opening theme, but otherwise it's got the potential to be a return to the NG/DS9 glory days.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Dallas - the GOT of the 80's

Hide contents

Bobby Ewing didn't actually die, it was all a dream

FFS I was going to start watching that and accidentally clicked the spoiler.

• Haha 2

On 2/2/2018 at 05:15, Demitri_C said:

So you game of throne fans who told me gets good from end of season 3, have just finished this.

Have to say yes it was a very good episode very surprising as we of course was not expecting that to happen. What I will say is what was the purpose of Robb? I mean this show has built him up for 3 seasons and then they just do that to him? The same with his mum it was brutal what happened and unexpected but just made them pointless characters. I just think the Starks in this are pointless they have been destroyed and the Cannisters are just too strong for them. All you have is Jon Snow and the younger kids what chance do they have? 

Have to say the torture to GreyJoy is kind of brutal to watch. 

Medium-Clip-Acrylic-Storage-Cannister-wi

I’m up to ep7 and thoroughly enjoying it. It’s a bit janky at times but overall it’s just great, I’m loving it, it’s a solid 8/10 so far. He’s a bit dry at times but I think JK and the other guy are both doing a great job as Tak, proper bad ass character.

Watched the first episode of Altered Carbon and I don't think it's much cop.

It's fairly badly written, with whole scenes done badly (I'm particularly looking at the crash landing scene, which is hopeless). There's some dreadful, dreadful dialogue in it. I don't think there's a single conversation in the episode that feels like a natural back and forth. There's clunking exposition everywhere, including a whole scene that may as well just have the actress turn to the viewer and full on break the fourth wall. The nudity is straight up silly, it's like a teenage fantasy of what something gritty and adult is, because there's about 4 women in the entire episode that don't have their tits out (and one of them is dressed in a thin sheet with little left to hide). The acting is across the board bad. There's problems with the entire things' concept that I have to hope the show will resolve (why give someone who is described as a terrorist with huge criminal record another life?). The whole thing is basically Blade Runner crossed with the Matrix with a hint of Deus Ex, so the setting is hackneyed as ****.

But... It's clearly had a **** ton money spent on it so even with the copied setting it looks good. It's not really like anything else on telly that I'm aware of. And I think there'll be some fun action in it and some decent moments - the AI hotel has potential if it dials back the quirk.

It might get better as it goes on but currently I can only see it as enjoyable fluff at best. Part way through the second episode and I'm starting to play tits out bingo as part of the fun, I'd stake good money the female cop has a sex scene before the finale for instance.

But yeah. It's what would happen if a 14 year old saw Blade Runner and thought it might be better with more nudity and 'bad ass action', and someone gave him the GDP of decent sized country to make it, with no money going on writers or actors.

Really disliked the first episode of Altered Carbon. Pretty much all of the main flaws pointed out above but the stereotypical stoic badass of a main character that’s been done a million times before was really annoying. Does it get significantly better?

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

But yeah. It's what would happen if a 14 year old saw Blade Runner and thought it might be better with more nudity and 'bad ass action', and someone gave him the GDP of decent sized country to make it.

As a man with the mind of a 14 year old boy, who does indeed think nudity and bad ass action makes almost any show better, I think I'm gonna enjoy this! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â