Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finally finished the Defenders what an absolutely disappointing piece of muck.

They got everything they possible could have wrong.

The story was bad, the writing was bad, the villians were poor. Danny Rand the ultimate warrior continually does stupid things and gets his assed kicked.

One of his scenes reminded me of Doughal and the do not press the red button on the airplane scene in father ted.

Just a huge disappointment overall.

On 01/09/2017 at 13:55, BOF said:

Only one episode left now of ...

the_leftovers_title_sequence_screengrab_

I recommend it.  Season 3 has 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and overall the show has 90%.  It's an interesting premise.

Looking for a new show now.  I've watched ep. 1 of Ozark but I'm not a fan of Jason Bateman playing the character Jason Bateman in everything, so I might well drop it.

I'm down to Rick & Morty now and I've all but caught up on season 3 (trying not to binge them too much :))

I forgot about Preacher.  I'll catch up on that :thumb:

'Regret' is a strong word for a TV show, but I'd stick with Ozark if I were you (or at least give it a bit more of a chance). I just think it might be heading for greatness. 

5 hours ago, heffoman said:

Finally finished the Defenders what an absolutely disappointing piece of muck.

They got everything they possible could have wrong.

The story was bad, the writing was bad, the villians were poor. Danny Rand the ultimate warrior continually does stupid things and gets his assed kicked.

One of his scenes reminded me of Doughal and the do not press the red button on the airplane scene in father ted.

Just a huge disappointment overall.

Im 3 episodes in and its been utter shit si far. What the hell is up with the fight scenes all being in the dark? Realli irritating 

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im 3 episodes in and its been utter shit si far. What the hell is up with the fight scenes all being in the dark? Realli irritating 

Why keep watching? You seem a glutton for punishment with these marvel adaptations! :)

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to say that show is an embarrassment to the batman franchise. Really thought it was awful.

George Clooney just called and he demands you take that comment back. 

I quite like Gotham. Started slowly, but got better as it went along. The guy that plays Cobblepot is really good. I've only seen season one, so it may well go down hill. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

George Clooney just called and he demands you take that comment back. 

I quite like Gotham. Started slowly, but got better as it went along. The guy that plays Cobblepot is really good. I've only seen season one, so it may well go down hill. 

I thought fish and the penguin were just lame bad guys as was the mobsters

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Why keep watching? You seem a glutton for punishment with these marvel adaptations! :)

I think the best position is to assume they're all shit. And then just watch the ones that people on here say are good.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2017 at 21:23, Stevo985 said:

Each to their own, but I thought Deutschland 83 was brilliant.

It's got great reviews and maybe it improves but I found the premise so flawed I've abandoned it. I was expecting John le Carre not Mission Impossible.

On 02/09/2017 at 16:40, heffoman said:

The leftovers was up there  with one of the best shows I ve ever seen up untill the last two episodes. I thought they dropped the  ball completely on them and sort of left a bad slant on the entire series for me as a result.

I thought it was a perfect ending. Literally can't think of a better way to conclude the series. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the flash went shit IMO i got about 4 episodes in to series 3 and gave up

Its got very repetive i must admit how many speedster bosses can you get before it becomes stale? Apparently the villian in season 4 is not a speedster so it might get good again...

Â