Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm now on the third episode of Under The Banner Of Heaven and it's everything I thought he was going to be. Andrew Garfield is excellent as the devout, Mormon detective trying to solve the slaughter of a mother and her young daughter. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

**** that 

That's a non starter 

They get away with it on TV though (how much do people pay Sky, and *still* sit through ads?), and that's what media companies want to turn streaming into. We've seen the light of advert free viewing though, and a lot of people won't tolerate going back to it.

To be fair I watched the last couple of series or West Wing on IMDB TV and the adverts were largely unobtrusive, with one commercial every now and then.  You don’t need to have a Prime subscription to watch it as far as I'm aware.  I started watching West Wing on Channel 4 streaming which has loads more adverts, in the end I paid £4 a month to get it advert-free so it was a better deal watching it on IMDB TV.

Just catching up on Better Call Saul, I know Bob Odenkirk had a heart attack, must have been between the filming of episodes 3 and 4. He looks visably thinner, fitter, more tanned and greyer. Slightly strange. 

I often wondered why Mike Myers seemed to stop making films after so much success with Axe Murderer and the Powers films. 
So I was interested to see what his new Netflix show, The Pentaverate was like. It appears he was on sabbatical because he had no new ideas. Despite that, he’s managed to get Netflix to give him a whole series. It’s awful. I’ve watched it* so you don’t have to. 

* Full disclosure, I lasted two episodes. 

On 06/05/2022 at 19:29, Davkaus said:

Hang on, "free", with adverts, on a platform I'm already paying for, when the original show was just included with the subscription?

Guess I'm sailing the high seas for that.

Remember when streaming wasn't shit?

I think there's something weird about some shows where they have to have adverts.

When Seinfeld was on All 4 instead of Netflix I signed up to All 4 premium so I could watch Seinfeld without adverts. but it still had adverts. Only a couple, but at the start it said it was because of licensing issues.

I wonder if this is the same thing

3 hours ago, sne said:

Can't say I remember a single thing from S3 but whatever.

It went too silly and complicated for us so ditched S3 during the second incomprehensible episode. 

Shame as the first 2 seasons were good.

Safe to say, I won’t be watching S4.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Anyone who says they know what's going on is lying.

Season two episode two completely lost me. Never been back 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Very disappointed by the last episode of Ozark. Crap ending. 

I really struggling to get through that show especially the last season.

Could have been so much better given the premise.

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

felt to me like after 40 odd episodes the 2nd part of the end introduced new characters, brought old characters back, elevated fringe characters whereas they had enough there to work with, it almost introduced new things to wrap up rather than wrap up what it already had

the very very end didnt work either 

Spoiler

although at least i can speculate jonah shot wendy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Should be finishing this tomorrow night so a little disappointed to hear the ending is a let down.. 😢

Have enjoyed the final season so far

Â