Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

54 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Should be finishing this tomorrow night so a little disappointed to hear the ending is a let down.. 😢

Have enjoyed the final season so far

Your mileage may vary. I deliberately avoided any spoilers. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Your mileage may vary. I deliberately avoided any spoilers. 

I’ve avoided spoilers so far 🤞

Just the two episodes to go - surely they can’t go all Game of Thrones and spoil the whole show with a ridiculous conclusion!?! 

It was really sad to hear about the passing of Dennis Waterman. I remember as a kid in the seventies catching glimpses of The Sweeney on our black and white TV. John Thaw as CI Regan and Waterman as SG Carter. When the cops swore and beat you up, and all the bank robbers wore stockings over their faces. 

Great days indeed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I’ve avoided spoilers so far 🤞

Just the two episodes to go - surely they can’t go all Game of Thrones and spoil the whole show with a ridiculous conclusion!?! 

Nowhere near, you'll be happy to know. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Should be finishing this tomorrow night so a little disappointed to hear the ending is a let down.. 😢

Have enjoyed the final season so far

I know. I was going to start from season 3, where I left off.  I was also a tad disappointed about the last episode comment .

Watched the first episode of We Own This City. Felt like stepping back into the world of The Wire and it was fantastic. In fact, it looks as if they've shot a lot of it in the same locations as The Wire. It also helps having so much of the cast from The Wire too. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. 

• Like 1

On 11/05/2022 at 11:48, sheepyvillian said:

I remember as a kid in the seventies catching glimpses of The Sweeney on our black and white TV. John Thaw as CI Regan and Waterman as SG Carter. When the cops swore and beat you up, and all the bank robbers wore stockings over their faces. 

It's funny how their missus' always looked the bleedin' same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Watched the first episode of We Own This City. Felt like stepping back into the world of The Wire and it was fantastic. In fact, it looks as if they've shot a lot of it in the same locations as The Wire. It also helps having so much of the cast from The Wire too. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. 

I'll be waiting for episodfe six to air before I start watching.

• Like 1

Just started Reacher last night. 

Never read the books, tohugh I knew that apparently Tom Cruise was a poor cast for the film, ( also hadn't seen that ) and it's not a surprise if this chap is more like the book Reacher. He's f*cken massive :o Decent first episode. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

What's it on ?

On 11/05/2022 at 08:07, villa4europe said:

felt to me like after 40 odd episodes the 2nd part of the end introduced new characters, brought old characters back, elevated fringe characters whereas they had enough there to work with, it almost introduced new things to wrap up rather than wrap up what it already had

the very very end didnt work either 

Hide contents

although at least i can speculate jonah shot wendy

Spoiler

I was hoping that in the car crash Marty had sneakily undone Wendy's seat belt moments before and killed her as a final twist.  Otherwise I didn't really see the point in it.  It was an opportunity for Netflix to give out the comeuppance for Wendy that they were denied giving Frank Underwood in House of Cards, though I appreciate they don't have the same writers.  I didn't really like the idea they all end up as a happy family after everything.

• Like 2

Â