Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

now got to the end of the second season of Dexter, it is so addictive can't stop watching it, though i think there's been one or two dud episodes this season it's still been fantastic, so well done.

I thought it started veering towards farce in the last season...I hope they reign in some of their more ridiculous ideas...still, a great show. The chick detective is probably the best character on TV since The Wire...

The Big Bang Theory is really not that funny and relies heavily on Sheldon being camp and nerdy which makes every episode essentially the same experience

Fixed for you :winkold:

It's not the worst comedy in the world though, still don't get the love for Two and a Half Men. It's just not funny.

Bring back Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place which then changed to just Two Guys and a girl when they finally stopped working at the aforementioned Pizza Place. Or just keep making It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia because it's hilarious.

I disagree about Big Bang Theory, I really like it.

However, I wholeheartedly agree about Two guys and a Girl. That show was awesome!

Game of Thrones is just very very well done. Watched the end of Spartacus. Will be very interested to *SPOILER* see who the new baddie is now Glaber's dead *SPOILER*

Game of Thrones is just very very well done.

Last series yes, this series no. I know quite a few people who watch it who havent read the books, and they're well confused about this series, as am I. Introducing new characters with little explanation to who they are is always a bad move.

I've been having a 'Sons of Anarchy' marathon. Great stuff!

I did that not so long back! Was okay. A bit cheesy but some of it was good.

I couldnt take Clay seriously though, he reminds me of Will Farrell for some reason!

Last series yes, this series no. I know quite a few people who watch it who havent read the books, and they're well confused about this series, as am I. Introducing new characters with little explanation to who they are is always a bad move.

Im glad its not just me then

I really enjoyed the last series but I am finding it difficult to remember who is who and whats going on, there is just so much happemning.

Its starting to become one of those series that you already have to know what is going to happen so that you can enjoy it

I really enjoyed the last series but I am finding it difficult to remember who is who and whats going on, there is just so much happemning.

Its starting to become one of those series that you already have to know what is going to happen so that you can enjoy it

Time for this again, methinks.

I don't think it's quite got that bad yet. It's teetering on the edge of juggling too many plot lines and characters though.

The biggest problem for me, so far, is the introduction of the redhead woman. I don't even think they've had anyone address her by name, and the scene they introduced her in has absolutely no explanation at all of what the **** is happening. All you know is theres some kind of ceremony going on and one guy don't like it.

Thats the only plot point in the entire show so far I've had to look up to get a handle on what the **** was happening. Which seems to be a silly move on the part of the producers as it seems like that scene is a defining one for her character. I've not read the books and have no intention to (a book that has such pearlers as this - 'Her mouth was as wet and sweet as her word removed, and this way he did not have to listen to her mindless prattle.' - makes me cringe at the thought of reading it) so it's not like I know whats going to happen... but it does expect you to be paying attention and have a damn good grasp whats going on at all times (which is what makes the bit with the redhead woman in series 2 all the more annoying).

Just started Breaking Bad season 4. Watched first 2 episodes and it just doesnt feel as good as the previous seasons. Is is it me or has it gone a bit dull?

No no no. Keep at it. It gets mental.

Her mouth was as wet and sweet as her word removed, and this way he did not have to listen to her mindless prattle.' - makes me cringe at the thought of reading it) so it's not like I know whats going to happen... but it does expect you to be paying attention and have a damn good grasp whats going on at all times (which is what makes the bit with the redhead woman in series 2 all the more annoying).

Haha! Theon Greyjoy I presume :)

In it's defence (and because I love the books) each chapter is written from the perspective of one of the characters, so some of their 'personality' shines though in the their respective stories.

The biggest problem for me, so far, is the introduction of the redhead woman. I don't even think they've had anyone address her by name, and the scene they introduced her in has absolutely no explanation at all of what the **** is happening. All you know is theres some kind of ceremony going on and one guy don't like it.

Hmmm, Melisandre? She is very important to the Stannis storyline. In fact his character is massively defined by her influence on him. She shouldn't be skimmed over that's for sure.

Good post Chindie.

Yeah I guess there's a long way to go this series of GOT - Maybe everything will just come together in the next few episodes letting the viewer have a better understanding of whats going on (specially with the redhead.)

Haha! Theon Greyjoy I presume :)

In it's defence (and because I love the books) each chapter is written from the perspective of one of the characters, so some of their 'personality' shines though in the their respective stories.

Hmmm, Melisandre? She is very important to the Stannis storyline. In fact his character is massively defined by her influence on him. She shouldn't be skimmed over that's for sure.

I dunno who says that line but I've seen it posted in a few places as an example of Martin's... interesting way with words and characters... I cringe a little at Iain Banks' sex scenes (I think I damn near gagged when I first read one of his references to a womans 'sex', eurgh...) and I like Banks! Martin's stuff strikes me as ten a penny fantasy, but as a TV show it's different enough to grasp me... and I don't have to encounter that kind of prose ;).

As for the redhead, yes, Melisandre. She's introduced in a scene on a beach surrounded by what appears at first to be bonfires and doing some ceremony, but often in the scene the focus isn't on what she's saying, but on what someone in the crowd thinks of what she's doing... and the audience is sat there going 'But what the **** is going on thats so important!?'. After that all you get is her constantly whittering on about the 'Lord of Light', and being portrayed as being deeply, deeply untrustworthy and manipulative of Stannis... but you aren't sure why?! I now know why, because I looked it up... but the series could have explained that far better, even if they had to clunkily have someone do straight plot exposition. As it is you have to pay really close attention to what she is saying (often in the background!) of that first scene to get a handle on who and what she is, or hope that for now knowing she's not to be trusted is enough and they'll lay things out later.

Anyone watch the borgias?

I was expecting it to be some drab 14th century sitcom its anything but

Backstabbing at every turn who would have known that the papacy was so corrupt...

Lots of sex and tits in it as well

Oh and Jeremy Irons is a legend

Â