Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I've quite enjoyed the first few episodes of Friday Night Lights actually. Clearly the American Football angle appeals to me and if I was to criticise it, it's a little overly sentimental for my tastes but I tolerate it a) because of the football and B) because it has a cracking cast *wibble* ;)

I wonder how many games are won in the average game of High School football where the home team is down with 6 seconds on the clock and they somehow manage to win it using some obscure or unexpected play that no-one's ever seen before. Seems to be every second week on FNL.

Love the show though.

watching the film will definitely not spoil the series, and reading the book won't spoil either.

The book is great, and it is a journalistic recounting of the time at the school so it is non-fiction. It also gives a good background on the socio-economic situation of the town and state of Texas, helping you understand the cultural importance (though slightly depressing) of high school football in Texas. If you read the book, and it is an easy read, you will enjoy the TV series and the movie more.

Excellent :thumb:

I'll find the film and book and give them a look

I've quite enjoyed the first few episodes of Friday Night Lights actually. Clearly the American Football angle appeals to me and if I was to criticise it, it's a little overly sentimental for my tastes but I tolerate it a) because of the football and B) because it has a cracking cast *wibble* ;)

I wonder how many games are won in the average game of High School football where the home team is down with 6 seconds on the clock and they somehow manage to win it using some obscure or unexpected play that no-one's ever seen before. Seems to be every second week on FNL.

Love the show though.

You could say that about any show though couldn't you.

How many times does an anti terrorist organisation have something happen on the hour, just conveniently giving a cliffhanger ending to go into the next episode? Happens all the time on 24.

It wouldn't be a very good show if the Panthers won 56-0 every week

Oh and obscure trick plays are the domain of the highschool and the college :) So if you're gonna see it anywhere, you'll see it there.

I'm loving Friday Night Lights.

My only complaint is having to watch an episode per week. Seems like the perfect series to watch back to back.

You guys know that it originated as a film with Billy Bob Thornton right? If you haven't seen it then you really should, it's brilliant and has a fantastic soundtrack done by Explosions in the Sky. EITS also had a song featured in the first episode of the first season of the TV show if I remember correctly.

Both the TV show and the film are excellent.

Yep, and a book before that.

Will watching the film spoil the series?

Yup and the book is the best of the lot. One of my all time favourites.

I'm watching it again on Sky Atlantic. Firstly because it's a great show and secondly for those two scenes. They were great the first time and I'm sure I'll enjoy them just as much tonight.

I like the first episode of this new season by the way. Glad it's finally back.

Grimm and Alcatraz are decent, enjoying them at the moment.

my gf is loving both of them

is it me or was FNL not on tonight? they were showing ad men instead

probably saved me a job, recorded alcatraz, touch and 2x mad men tonight, grimm from last night

and is it just me, i cant work out if im not overly fussed by luck because its not that good or because i know its going nowhere, either way its not happening im getting way behind on it

Alcatraz is the sort of JJ Abrhams programme where you know they'll never tell you what's going on. Sam Neill and the guy that plays Warden James are both brilliant in it, and make it worth a watch.

I'm loving Friday Night Lights.

My only complaint is having to watch an episode per week. Seems like the perfect series to watch back to back.

You guys know that it originated as a film with Billy Bob Thornton right? If you haven't seen it then you really should, it's brilliant and has a fantastic soundtrack done by Explosions in the Sky. EITS also had a song featured in the first episode of the first season of the TV show if I remember correctly.

Both the TV show and the film are excellent.

Yep, and a book before that.

Will watching the film spoil the series?

Yup and the book is the best of the lot. One of my all time favourites.

Wait, is the book about American Football?

I'm watching it again on Sky Atlantic. Firstly because it's a great show and secondly for those two scenes. They were great the first time and I'm sure I'll enjoy them just as much tonight.

I have to add that it was perhaps the most laugh-out-loud episode I can remember. Pete's office, the 6am meeting with Coca-Cola, and Crane making fun of "Zou Bisou".

Alcatraz is the sort of JJ Abrhams programme where you know they'll never tell you what's going on. Sam Neill and the guy that plays Warden James are both brilliant in it, and make it worth a watch.

Agree,

Heard it got cancelled already though.

I can't find anything confirming that Alcatraz has been cancelled but I can find plenty that suspects it might be. Is it a very recent announcement?

I stored it on Sky + expecially for tonight. A little drink of something and 2 hours of mad men. Doesn't get any better.

Â