Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, AJ said:

You won me at Alison Brie.

I don’t need to mention that she spends most of the time in a skimpy leotard then?

Or that she has a nude scene in the first episode?

no?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t need to mention that she spends most of the time in a skimpy leotard then?

Or that she has a nude scene in the first episode?

no?

#showoftheyear

#grammybait

On 16/11/2018 at 15:49, Stevo985 said:

I’m sure I’m late to the party on this one, but I’ve been off sick for two days so I’ve ploughed through the first season of Glow. 

It’s brilliant. Way better than I was expecting (I’m not sure what I was expecting!)

Also, Alison Brie is amazing. 

You'll be pleased to know the second season is just as good.

24 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

You'll be pleased to know the second season is just as good.

Yeah I’m halfway through it already. 

Its really good. My previous posts sound a bit Pervy. 

But in all seriousness it’s a really good show. 

Very late to the chat about Making a Murderer.

But **** me.

It's SO political.

I googled the judges who made each decision in each court.

All of the ones who went against Brendan were Republicans and every single one who supported him were Democrats.

The Attorney General in Wisconsin is a massively partisan Republican.

Dassey clearly didn't do anything. Avery, not sure, but no way it happened the way they say it did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I’m halfway through it already. 

Its really good. My previous posts sound a bit Pervy. 

But in all seriousness it’s a really good show. 

I have mentioned this a few times already but if you ike the show then the documentary about the real GLOW ( https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/70296765 also on netflix) is well worth a watch if only to see how much of the stuff you presume is so stupid it must be made up is/was actually real

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Part of what I liked about Glow was its understanding/respect for the wrestling business.  I think they had Chavo Guerrero consulting on set, as well as appearing in the show himself.  And of course Kia Stevens on the main cast amongst other wrestling cameos 

• Like 1

So, just started watching House of Cards. Season 1 was mostly great but had a few moments where the characters were doing borderline out of character things to drive the narrative. Anyway, just watched the first episode of season 2 and it got me thinking of sharks and jumping.

Spoiler

The V.P. is now an escalating serial killer ?

Any input on how long this show is worth sticking with would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, villakram said:

So, just started watching House of Cards. Season 1 was mostly great but had a few moments where the characters were doing borderline out of character things to drive the narrative. Anyway, just watched the first episode of season 2 and it got me thinking of sharks and jumping.

Reveal hidden contents

It's pretty dumb, but watchable until Spacey is written out. I definitely wouldn't advise anything after that. 

The extent of the suspension of disbelief you have to go through with this show though. Game of Thrones is more realistic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villakram said:

Hide contents

I think it goes downhill, and definitely doesn't work without Spacey in it, especially as I'm sure they were building up to some sort of magnificent comeuppance that they aren't now able to do.  I think the worst series is the third one with the Russian president in it though.  Depends how much time you have on your hands really.

13 hours ago, villakram said:

Reveal hidden contents

1st two seasons are watchable (based on the original British trilogy which is far superior.)*

The 3rd season was beyond appallingly bad. Don't even think about starting.

*Available on Netflix in the US

https://www.netflix.com/title/70200744

• Like 1

Watching Narcos: Mexico.

It's not bad at all, not as good as the previous series, but still pretty good.

But then in episode 5 it happens! 

Spoiler

He's back from the dead 😍🤩

Wagner Moura, what an absolute star.

• Like 1

On 20/11/2018 at 22:03, Genie said:

I’m a celebrity, watched a bit tonight, Holly is obviously super hot but it’s just not working as a duo with Dec.

It's definitely been a huge flop. I'm suprised they don't have the guy from the I'm a celeb extra with Dec do it. He seems like a banterish kind of guy. Holly is boring and this will kill the show i am afraid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It's definitely been a huge flop. I'm suprised they don't have the guy from the I'm a celeb extra with Dec do it. He seems like a banterish kind of guy. Holly is boring and this will kill the show i am afraid.

I agree, she’s not the right type of presenter for this. The segments usually involve a little skit or joke and she’s killing them (not in a good way).

Reached the end of season 2 of The Affair.

It's a great show, but maybe got a little predictable now.

Also the whole two sides to the same story gimmick was brilliant at first but is starting to wear a bit thin after two seasons. Although they don't use it very often anymore. I kinda just want to know what happens, not guess at which version is closer to the truth.

I was also amused to watch the first episode of season 2 of The Sinner on the weekend and see Victor Williams playing the exact same character he plays in The Affair :) It's even set in the same state

(I think it was The Sinner, although having googled it I can't find any reference... weird. I'm sure it was him!)

Edited by Stevo985

Â