Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 20/11/2018 at 22:03, Genie said:

I’m a celebrity, watched a bit tonight, Holly is obviously super hot but it’s just not working as a duo with Dec.

Brave of you to admit you watch that **** garbage. Wasn't Eastenders on? :P 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was also amused to watch the first episode of season 2 of The Sinner on the weekend and see Victor Williams playing the exact same character he plays in The Affair :) It's even set in the same state

(I think it was The Sinner, although having googled it I can't find any reference... weird. I'm sure it was him!)

He plays a DA in The Sinner.  Not sure about the Affair.

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He plays a DA in The Sinner.  Not sure about the Affair.

Yeah I thought so, didn't realise he was a DA though, thought he was a detective.

He plays a detective in the Affair. So when I saw him in the Sinner, looking exactly the same, working for the police, in the same state I thought it could practically be a spinoff

On 09/11/2018 at 00:32, GarethRDR said:

Just got through episode 5 of that there Haunting Of Hill House.  Shat me up so much I screamed for about 4 seconds straight at one point.  My wife just sat there all calm and quiet, but then she didn't cry at the end of Grave Of The Fireflies either so she's just a feckin' robot.

Good stuff.

Just starting it. Mainly because the missus wants to. Can't really be arsed with it, tbh. 

EDIT: Yawn. Won't be watching any more of it. That Steven King-type stuff just doesn't interest me. 

Edited by mjmooney

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2018 at 08:22, Stevo985 said:

Reached the end of season 2 of The Affair.

It's a great show, but maybe got a little predictable now.

Also the whole two sides to the same story gimmick was brilliant at first but is starting to wear a bit thin after two seasons. Although they don't use it very often anymore. I kinda just want to know what happens, not guess at which version is closer to the truth.

I was also amused to watch the first episode of season 2 of The Sinner on the weekend and see Victor Williams playing the exact same character he plays in The Affair :) It's even set in the same state

(I think it was The Sinner, although having googled it I can't find any reference... weird. I'm sure it was him!)

should have ended after series 2...it all gets a bit silly

i'm well behind but just discovered the netflix series The OA and thoroughly enjoying it

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm well behind but just discovered the netflix series The OA and thoroughly enjoying it

What starts out quite interesting soon ends up complete shite. You'll hate yourself for watching it.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

should have ended after series 2...it all gets a bit silly

Season 3 isn't great but I've heard 4 is much better. I'll stick with it

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Speaking of things getting a bit silly... enjoy the OA while it lasts.

Starts brilliantly. Completely loses the plot by the end.

3 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

What starts out quite interesting soon ends up complete shite. You'll hate yourself for watching it.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Season 3 isn't great but I've heard 4 is much better. I'll stick with it

Speaking of things getting a bit silly... enjoy the OA while it lasts.

Starts brilliantly. Completely loses the plot by the end.

oh no!! that's very disappointing

5 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Horses 4 courses.

I thought the OA was feckin brilliant. I also love the way so many people had such a negative reaction to the ending.

Spoiler

I thought it was brilliant until the "movements". Then it got less brilliant.
It could have been saved though by the very ending being slightly different. But to actually stop the gunman by doing these ridiculous dance moves was just hilariously awful.

There were two episodes in that show, the one where they bring someone back to life by dancing, and the finale, that finished with me and my gf belly laughing because it was so stupid.

Like I said I think it was so nearly excellent, and I think there's potential for it to be good going forward. But just a couple of elements made it absurd.

• Like 1

Â