Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

11 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

It's probably been discussed before but has anyone watched American Gods? Finished that recently but still not sure what to make of it. It looked beautiful in parts but at times I felt the main storyline dragged a little and I found some of the characters pretty annoying, although I liked Ian McShane's.

Yep, very strange programme. Like you say dragged at times, but I wanted to know where it was going. McShane was brilliant 

started all or nothing all blacks on prime

if you havent seen it before all or nothing is a very good fly on the wall style documentary series in the NFL, there have been 3 series which have all been enjoyable for me and each team has tweaked what kind of coverage they give

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Re-watching Lost as my OH hasn't seen it. On season 2. They really had an interesting story to begin with but it's sad I know how shit it's going to become.

I tried to convince myself for so long that it hadn't actually got that bad, because I loved the first couple of seasons so much.  But it did stall in the middle and then spiralled downwards.  I sometimes think about watching the first couple of seasons again - especially as I'm in the same situation where my wife hasn't seen it - but I'd then have to carry on and I think it would make me feel sad.

• Like 1

I LOVED Lost when it started... it was superb. Shame they couldn't keep the high standards up. There was some genuine jaw droppingly good episodes in it 

• Like 2

funny how people get completely different things out of it. I've only watched 3 episodes, but I'm finding Tobias's storyline pretty annoying so far.

He's always been ridiculously tone deaf, but they've turned him in to a complete moron this season. And the bits with Murphy Brown are just tedious IMO.

I'm quite enjoying Maeby's scenes so far.

Edited by Davkaus

Arrested Development (seasons 1-2) is pretty much my favourite TV show of all time. I must have watched them through about 20 times over the years. I was hoping for a return to form in season 5 and currently on my second watch through. I’m getting a little bit more out of it but it’s still pretty poor IMO. A handful of laugh-out-loud moments but generally a big disappointment. The Tobias having a son thing doesn’t work at all and seems completely pointless. Will Arnett does not look well...

I still don't understand what happened in the finale of Lost. I remember watching it at the time and it not making sense. What was the explanation of it all in very simple terms?

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

A Very English Scandal, anyone? 

Got them all lined up along with the bbc four doc covering the story. Plan to watch it sometime this week, will let you know ?

Worth watching I assume?

I only got to the end of season 2 of “lost” as it moved to sky. Didn’t see anything past that point, so I never found out what the numbers were about or what the deal with the polar bear was. Sounds like I didn’t miss much.

Disappointing to hear that “Arrested Development” is still not what it once was. 

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Got them all lined up along with the bbc four doc covering the story. Plan to watch it sometime this week, will let you know ?

Worth watching I assume?

Well, I thought it was brilliant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

A Very English Scandal, anyone? 

Yeah I enjoyed it, I'd never heard of the story before. If it wasn't a true story I would have said it was a bit far-fetched.

It's quite incredible to think it was only 50 years ago homosexual acts were decriminalised in the UK.

Â