Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Not gonna lie, in the beginning I had some issues keeping up with the time line(s) and geography in this weeks episode of Westworld.

Edited by sne

4 hours ago, sne said:

Not gonna lie, in the beginning I had some issues keeping up with the time line(s) and geography in this weeks episode of Westworld.

It's rapidly becoming a pretentious wankfest. Complication for the sake of complication 

• Like 1

6 episodes into One-Punch Man on Netflix. Anime about Heroes and monsters. It’s really quite hilarious stuff. Loving it so far. Good story and the humour is fantastic. Anyone watched this?

Whitehouse and Mortimer Gone Fishing is quite sweet. Only one episode so far, more chat than fishing (which is probably a good thing) but I’m looking forward to the rest of the series. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sne said:

Yup. I'd basically given up. This summing up episode convinced me that it's basically not that strong of a story and they've covered it up by being as unnecessarily convoluted a possible.

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Yup. I'd basically given up. This summing up episode convinced me that it's basically not that strong of a story and they've covered it up by being as unnecessarily convoluted a possible.

Glad I bailed out after S1. Far too much up its own arse for my liking.

Murder Games - the life and death of Breck Bednar was quite harrowing 

whilst I’m fairly sure my kids are safe with their online activity I think I’ll sit them down to watch this show 

finished luke cage, utterly pointless, doesnt really go anywhere, very few cool moments, bushmaster is ok but again the writing is shit and it goes somewhere you dont want it to go, luke himself is still boring as ****

dont get me started on shades

From the look of this thread, I'm the only one who enjoyed season 2 of Westworld. It wouldn't make any top 10 lists for me but I quite liked it. Pacing was all over the shop - storylines were convoluted in the extreme and for big chunks of it, I had no idea what was going on but I still managed to go with it all the way through.

I thought it was alright. Which is a shame, because season 1 is easily in my top 10, possibly top 5 favourite seasons of a show ever.

The beauty of the multiple timelines in season 1 was that, for quite some time, people didn't even realise there were multiple timelines. It was a hell of a reveal when the pieces started coming together.

In season 2, they seem to have noticed the multiple timelines were popular, but appear to have had no idea why. It just feels like watching the series on shuffle rather than a well-crafted season.  I was also pretty frustrated by the standalone episodes that killed the pacing for me. 

Having said that, I haven't bothered to watch the last episode yet, so maybe it reveals something that redeems the approach of the season.

• Like 2

On 28/06/2018 at 13:47, HanoiVillan said:

Anyone else watched Get Shorty? I really enjoyed it. Normally like almost any Elmore Leonard adaptation to be fair. 

Been thinking of starting it as up to speed on my current shows.

Â