Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

19 hours ago, sne said:

Opening 2 episodes of Silo were quite promising. Not read the books but they are apparently good so hopefully Apple have not bungled this. 

The books are really good,  I only saw the trailer so far for the tv series but they have nailed the look,  its exactly how I imagined it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm a bit pissed off about it. I am a liberal, left-leaning guy but it's gone really far in the 'woke', sickeningly sweet direction that makes left-leaning ideology easy to mock. 

And that Jason Sudekis has kinda made the whole thing a cope for his own divorce really grates on me. I'm dreading the episodes now.

Yeah, I don't mind some of the themes, as such, but it has become a bit "6th form drama class"

The locker room nude photos scene in particular.

Cringe-pic GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm a bit pissed off about it. I am a liberal, left-leaning guy but it's gone really far in the 'woke', sickeningly sweet direction that makes left-leaning ideology easy to mock. 

And that Jason Sudekis has kinda made the whole thing a cope for his own divorce really grates on me. I'm dreading the episodes now.

If you are dreading it, why watch? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If you are dreading it, why watch? 

I've watched it until now and there's only a handful of episodes left before it's done so why not

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

And that Jason Sudekis has kinda made the whole thing a cope for his own divorce really grates on me

havent seen the 3rd season yet as i dont consider it must watch but that to me is what ted lasso is, its interesting because its about mental health, particularly mens mental health, set to the back drop of the macho male dominated world of football and to a comedic tone

and when it clicked it actually said a fair bit that not many other shows are brave enough to say

The last series of Endeavour was good. The last scene and the transition into Morse was beautifully done. 

On 10/05/2023 at 21:26, DCJonah said:

Ted Lasso season 1 was brilliant. 

I gave up in season 2 because it was shit and wasn't really about Ted anymore. 

I agree with you on season 1, I thought season 2 was ok, but season 3.....good lord, its bad, really bad. Just get in the bin. Truly awful TV.

Travelers on Netflix was good, bottomed out a bit during season two but the fact one storyline was about a COVID-like world virus, three years before the actual thing, was pretty spooky.

Plus, worth watching just for Mackenzie Porter

spacer.png

• Like 3

Yet again on another Breaking Bad re - binge. I love that moment after Walter exits Tuco's joint as "Heisenberg," and after getting in his car let's out all that pent - up anger from years of being that guy to laugh about. 

Just finished Rabbit Hole, highly enjoyable, great last episode.

Looks like it's left open for more too.

Nearly at the end of season 3 of The Last Kingdom. Totally addicted to this great show. Some really great characters made all the better by some really good acting. Ian Hart is good as Father Beocca, The only character I really dislike is the wife of King Alfred, not a drop of gratitude. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just ordered the first and only series of Manimal on DVD 

Speaking as a child of the 80's, I grew up on this, Street Hawk, TJ Hooker and Automan.

Great shows.

• Like 1

BBC 2 , 11 minutes America’s deadliest shooting is somewhat grim , but worth a watch… it’s about the vegas mass shooting and uses footage from the event 

• Like 1

Â