Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I know there's a thread for it, but considering how far behind I am, I'm staying out of it. We just got to episode 3 of TLOU last night. Wow. Very abrupt change of pace from the previous episode, but what an absolute masterpiece.

If I had one criticism, it's a shame they couldn't have been lady gays

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ridiculously late to the party but finally started watching DARK on netflix. Been on the watchlist for years now but MrsVM and me have been waiting until we were in the right mood for hours of German telly with subtitles. Anyway, it's really, really good and I probably shouldn't have put it off for so long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Ridiculously late to the party but finally started watching DARK on netflix. Been on the watchlist for years now but MrsVM and me have been waiting until we were in the right mood for hours of German telly with subtitles. Anyway, it's really, really good and I probably shouldn't have put it off for so long.

It's fantastic. Whatever you do, don't have a week or two off, or you'll lose the plot! It just gets more and more labyrinthine. The Wikipedia page does have some helpful family trees to sort out the time-travel-entangled relationships. One thing I really liked - without giving spoilers - is that the final episode wasn't the usual let-down, or teaser for a sequel, but (IMO) explained things in quite a satisfying way. 

After that, try '1899', made by the same people. 

• Thanks 1

On 08/04/2023 at 07:30, Rds1983 said:

Anyone watched Beef on Netflix? Great reviews on rotten tomatoes. 

Binged it last night. Started off OK but got quite meh* at the end.

(*without giving away spoilers, that's all I can say)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Whatever you do, don't have a week or two off, or you'll lose the plot! It just gets more and more labyrinthine. The Wikipedia page does have some helpful family trees to sort out the time-travel-entangled relationships

I've already had to re watch the 4th episode because "who are they"/"what's that" etc so this definitely strikes a chord :D

• Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 03:37, Rds1983 said:

You've lost me. Beef I was talking about is an American comedy drama about road rage and the fall-out. 

I started it but it stressed me out. There’s enough road rage in everyday life - don’t want to watch it on TV :D

• Thanks 1

Final of Rise and Fall on Ch4 tonight

Spoiler

Crap way to work out the winner. Silly format throughout with rules changing on a whim but the last episode really took the piss!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Gwenifer at 6’44” in, brilliant, seen her live at an in store and it was mesmerising.

Yep. Awesome. I remember you posted about it way back, possibly with a pic? But yeah, just terrific.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Do we dare to dream that this will be good? Maybe.

The brilliant Issa Lopez's involvement means that I have high hopes that it'll be good.

• Like 2

On 12/04/2023 at 20:46, mjmooney said:

It's fantastic. Whatever you do, don't have a week or two off, or you'll lose the plot! It just gets more and more labyrinthine. The Wikipedia page does have some helpful family trees to sort out the time-travel-entangled relationships. One thing I really liked - without giving spoilers - is that the final episode wasn't the usual let-down, or teaser for a sequel, but (IMO) explained things in quite a satisfying way. 

After that, try '1899', made by the same people. 

Pretty sure they've cancelled 1899,still not got around to watching it

My advice with dark would be that's it's quality for me was that it was still watchable and enjoyable even when my understanding of it dropped, I'd be lying if I said I got it all, it's a proper head **** in places, but the show doesn't suffer because of it, don't feel stupid watching it, I think we're all in the same boat

Â