Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Me too. And I actually DO like the music. I wouldn't trust a fictional thing like Daisy Jones to get it right, though. There are a few good books on the subject. 

Yeah I'm not expecting to learn anything but I just watch anything based on that scene anyway

• Like 1

On 18/03/2023 at 08:50, Follyfoot said:

Three episodes into the 4th series of You

Joe is still depraved as ever but there seems to be a new player in town who has his number. 

set in the UK this time 

very good so far 

Great twist in episode 7 or 8. Just when I thought Joe was getting back to normality. 🤣🤣🤣absolute fruitcake 

Very good watch

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mr Inbetween is the best telly programme in years, absolutely brilliant stuff. Me and the other half watched all three series in about 5 days, gutted that there aren’t going to be any more.

• Like 4

On 27/03/2023 at 14:49, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm watching Yellowstone at the moment which I quite enjoy...

Nearly at the end of Season 3.

It’s great. Mental, but great. Worth it for the scenery alone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Episode 7 of the final season of Ozark, did anyone else notice the premature reaction of Wyatt?

You seem to be obsessed with Ozark. 

In regards to the new adaptation of Great Expectations, I  don't know about Dickens turning in his grave, I wouldn't be surprised if he has actually risen from it, such is the diabolical liberty that has been taken with this wonderfully written novel.. How has this script been allowed to be filmed?  I recall from the novel the sister being cruel, but I'm pretty sure she didn't resort to sado - masochism, neither do i remember the young Pip being familiar with Anglo Saxon curse words.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Wu-Tang: An American Saga finished. What an absolutely fantastic finish to a great series. Think this was one of the best final episodes I've ever seen. Stellar stuff.

On 03/04/2023 at 22:53, mjmooney said:

The wait is over, folks. 94 disc DVD set of Crossroads is now available

Screenshot_2023-04-03-22-52-41-16_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Ffs. 

It'll take me weeks to download that off Pirate Bay. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Gutted. I’ve just got to the end of Parks and Rec. What a great programme. It started off slow and a bit, but all of a sudden you are hooked. It then grew better and better. Some wonderful TV. The character growth was great, there is an argument for every character being the best. Series 7, dropped off a bit but there were still some great episodes, Johnny Karate episode was so funny. 

So many great moments in that show. Lil Sebastian, Burt Macklin FBI, the Cones of Dunshire...

• Like 4

On 31/03/2023 at 19:28, bickster said:

[of Daisy Jones and the Six] It kinda interests me because I'm interested in that whole Laurel Canyon thing, not that I like all the bands but the whole melting pot / interconnectivity thing really interests me, so I'm watching it because of that really. 

Just watched ep1. Oh dear. 

It's really frustrating, because I love that whole 60s/70s US music scene, and you'd think there's the potential for a great film to be made about it. The Doors wasn't quite it. Neither was Almost Famous, nor the latest remake of A Star is Born. This one takes all the corniest clichés from those three (and a dash of Rocket Man) and randomly throws them at the wall. It's not so much the little details that they get wrong - it's probably only geeks like me that care, so I won't go into them, but they are numerous - it's the excruciating, cringe-inducing script. I can't tell if they're good or bad actors, because the lines they have to deliver are so godawful. I'm seriously starting to wonder if the script was actually generated by ChatGPT - it has that sort of feel. 

Part of me is tempted to stick with this carcrash to see if it gets any better, but it's very much in the balance. 

Edited by mjmooney

Â