Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

12 hours ago, tomav84 said:

anyone watching the new resident evil? struggling a bit with it...not as good as i was expecting

The advertising for it is pretty decent though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

2 episodes left of Peaky Blinders season 6. Not interested in it anymore and don't think it's very good.  

Stick with it, last episode is a cracker

• Like 1

Finished snowfall season 5, its still good but definitley past its peak, thought it started slowly but then ended well

I think it's drifted away from its setting a little, the set design clothes and cars etc are still all on point but it's missing those clever little references to culture and even pop culture, it opens with Len Bias but then goes very quiet, there's only one scene involving Crash and yet its life changing for Leon, they could have done more there definitley, the police in general seem a bit absent in it all, even the soundtrack didn't seem as on point even though it ended with straight outta Compton, feels like they're not building up the LAPD and the LA riots which are 4 years away up in a way that they could, it doesn't feel like a powder keg and I think that's where it should go in the final season 

If I say the best character in the wire is the city of Baltimore then snowfall needs to rediscover late 1980s LA and use it better 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Difficult to get excited about this one considering how they handled the OG GOT

The OG was pretty good up until the last few episodes when they just seemed to want to get out of there ASAP

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

The OG was pretty good up until the last few episodes when they just seemed to want to get out of there ASAP

1-5 was fantastic IMO. 6 & 7 had it's moments and 8 was an unintentional comedy but still a visual spectacle. 

• Like 4

S4E7 of Stranger Things was a bit good!

Spoiler

Knew the guy was going to be One but not sure anyone would’ve predicted him being Vecna as well

Can’t wait to see how it ends.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

It's inevitable that I'll watch GoT

Hopefully this time around the show runners don't get a star wars trilogy dangled in front of them and fag packet the ending 

It'll be interesting to see if this being good actually makes the end of GoT even more annoying, it likes the desire is there from HBO, the money is there, the demand is there... But the effort from the writers wasnt... Not a clue why they didn't give it to someone else if they felt that laboured by it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Just watched some “Second City Firsts” on BBC Four. A seventies anthology series they shot at Pebble Mill.

I’d never heard of it. As a bit of social history it’s pretty interesting and had some actors making early career appearances, Julie Walters making her first ever tv appearance opposite Don Warrington. Oh and another episode having the first televised lesbian kiss, between Alison Steadman and Myra Frances (beating Brookside by 20 years). 

Another episode had Toyah Wilcox singing accompanied by Phil Daniels on guitar with Noel Edmonds unexpectedly turning up to have a word with them. So a bit of a mixed bag, all in all.

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Game of Thrones jumped the shark so hard I can't bring myself to give the smallest of shits about a prequel.

It's hard for me to go back to how I felt about GoT before they jumped the shark. I think around the point of the Red Wedding I genuinely thought it was one of the best things I'd ever seen. And with just an extra series at the end and a less rushed conclusion, it probably would have lived up to that.

But they totally **** it, and I kind of agree. Not sure I can be bothered.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

I finally gave in and started watching The Sopranos.

You lucky bastard.

I would bloody love to watch that again for the first time.

• Like 3

Just now, Designer1 said:

You lucky bastard.

I would bloody love to watch that again for the first time.

I thought I'd left it too late, but in the end it became the bargaining chip needed to get a mate of mine to start watching BCS.  He called it a 'cultural exchange' :)  So I'm 10 episodes in.

• Like 1

Â