Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Watched hthe baymax series with my daughter, she loved it, hopefully they're testing the water ahead of a full film without the superhero angle, he's a great character

I don’t have a daughter. I watched the whole thing. Love Baymax. 

• Like 2

Lucifer has really gone down the pan, awful stuff.

Had to acquire"What We Do In The Shadows" so if it's shit I'll be blaming you lot.

On 03/07/2022 at 17:39, Follyfoot said:

Going to get stuck into the Terminal List later, Book was excellent, Written by an ex-Navy seal so should be realistic

Half way through, pretty good and building nicely. Carr is a producer so the little details matter and a fairly good facsimile of the book. Hopefully more series to come as the later books get better and better 

Finished umbrella academy, it gets away with a lot because it's so wonderfully weird the nonsensical bits are all part of the fun

Not overly sold on all of the characters though, bad season for Alison which is disappointing as she could have had one of the best stories if it was better written same as season 2, also still struggling with Elliot Pages character, not because of the obvious just because I don't think he's as interesting as the show thinks he is 

Its just shy of the boys and stranger things but it's still solid 8/10 one of the best things on TV 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

On 03/07/2022 at 19:06, rjw63 said:

Sherwood was pretty good, got the other half to try Life on Mars next. 

After episode one she wants something different 😬

Just tell her to persevere with it. I hated the first 3 episodes of Wanda vision but after the last episode I got it and felt it was brilliant. Similar to (I know it's a film not TV show) when I watched little miss sunshine.

Edited by stewiek2

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Finished umbrella academy, it gets away with a lot because it's so wonderfully weird the nonsensical bits are all part of the fun

Not overly sold on all of the characters though, bad season for Alison which is disappointing as she could have had one of the best stories if it was better written same as season 2, also still struggling with Elliot Pages character, not because of the obvious just because I don't think he's as interesting as the show thinks he is 

Its just shy of the boys and stranger things but it's still solid 8/10 one of the best things on TV 

Have to agree about Vanja/Victor - terribly dull character 

On 08/07/2022 at 03:38, mottaloo said:

Bit the bullet and signed up for apple tv, mainly to see what Ted Lasso is all about.

Please tell me that it gets better cos after 2 episodes it's all a bit meh. He's too nice and the feeling I usually get when watching a new series (that it's gonna be a belter) just ain't there. 

I quit after episode 2

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The Lincoln Lawyer is quite enjoyable. 

Whilst it's not going to win awards for originality, it's as you say enjoyable.

Preferred the film version though.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Whilst it's not going to win awards for originality, it's as you say enjoyable.

Preferred the film version though.

I think the book trumps all versions

• Like 1

Â