Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I wouldn't go as far as saying The Big Bang Theory is the best comedy on TV. That's all down to personal preference though.

Personally when it comes to comedy I have quite a few that I enjoy. This includes the likes of Community, Eastbound and Down, How I Met Your Mother, Seinfeld, Outnumbered, The Middle, Parks and Recreation and Peep Show. Those are the ones that I find to be consistenly funny.

I'm not a fan of Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and I especially can't stand Two & a Half Men, it's just not funny!

Eastbound & Down is freaking hilarious though. I think there's a new season coming soon isn't there? Friends is just timeless in my opinion. I can watch that now and laugh just as much as I did when I first saw them all those years ago.

Did anyone ever watch Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place, which then changed to just Two Guys and a Girl? It didn't do very well in America but I think it's one of the funniest american sitcoms I've ever watched. That's when my love affair with Ryan Reynolds started, before he got all buff.

I was shocked when i found out how much the 3 main characters of "Big Bang Theory" make.

I can't remember the exact figure, but it was in the region of $300,000 per episode. There's 24 episodes in a series. The episodes are 20minutes long. So each one are probably only recorded for about 10-15minutes in each episode as there's loads of other characters too.

Nice work if you can get it.

No surprise at all, the US is a huge market, not to mention that "globalisation" brings with it American culture which means that American shows can be marketed easily to consumers overseas. There is a huge demand for American TV and this translates into the crazy commissions their actors get.

Over here the popularity of American sitcoms far outstrips that of British television.

I was shocked when i found out how much the 3 main characters of "Big Bang Theory" make.

I can't remember the exact figure, but it was in the region of $300,000 per episode. There's 24 episodes in a series. The episodes are 20minutes long. So each one are probably only recorded for about 10-15minutes in each episode as there's loads of other characters too.

Nice work if you can get it.

No surprise at all, the US is a huge market, not to mention that "globalisation" brings with it American culture which means that American shows can be marketed easily to consumers overseas. There is a huge demand for American TV and this translates into the crazy commissions their actors get.

Over here the popularity of American sitcoms far outstrips that of British television.

I like Big Bang Theory, but they nick an awful lot of stuff from 'The Guild'

The American sitcom stars always get paid loads.

Tim Allen was on something like $1.2m per episode for the final season of Home Improvement.

2 and a half men, friends, Seinfeld etc etc. Whichever ones get big, their stars are always on a million or thereabouts per episode.

From Wiki (About the Simpsons cast):

Until 1998, the six main actors were paid $30,000 per episode. In 1998 they were involved in a pay dispute with Fox. The company threatened to replace them with new actors, even going as far as preparing for casting of new voices, but series creator Groening supported the actors in their action.[38] The issue was soon resolved and, from 1998 to 2004, they were paid $125,000 per episode. The show's revenue continued to rise through syndication and DVD sales, and in April 2004 the main cast stopped appearing for script readings, demanding they be paid $360,000 per episode.[39][40] The strike was resolved a month later[41] and their salaries were increased to something between $250,000[42] and $360,000 per episode.[43] In 2008, production for the twentieth season was put on hold due to new contract negotiations with the voice actors, who wanted a "healthy bump" in salary to an amount close to $500,000 per episode.[43] The negotiations were soon completed, and the actors' salary was raised to $400,000 per episode.[44]

I'm currently working my way through the first season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and it's absolutely brilliant, crude, but brilliant.

Thanks Netflix!

From Wiki (About the Simpsons cast):

Until 1998, the six main actors were paid $30,000 per episode. In 1998 they were involved in a pay dispute with Fox. The company threatened to replace them with new actors, even going as far as preparing for casting of new voices, but series creator Groening supported the actors in their action.[38] The issue was soon resolved and, from 1998 to 2004, they were paid $125,000 per episode. The show's revenue continued to rise through syndication and DVD sales, and in April 2004 the main cast stopped appearing for script readings, demanding they be paid $360,000 per episode.[39][40] The strike was resolved a month later[41] and their salaries were increased to something between $250,000[42] and $360,000 per episode.[43] In 2008, production for the twentieth season was put on hold due to new contract negotiations with the voice actors, who wanted a "healthy bump" in salary to an amount close to $500,000 per episode.[43] The negotiations were soon completed, and the actors' salary was raised to $400,000 per episode.[44]

In fairness the Simpsons cast should get paid relative to the number of characters they actually voice.

Although on a side note, the newer Simpsons aren't as good as it used to be.

anyone seen "touch"?

starts tuesday night, same time as friday night lights though

I've not seen it but from the adverts I think it looks awful.Which is a shame as I love Kiefer Sutherland.

Might have given it a chance, but if it's on when Firday Night Lights is on, there's little chance of me watching it.

I'm currently working my way through the first season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and it's absolutely brilliant, crude, but brilliant.

Thanks Netflix!

It cranks up a notch when Danny DeVito joins in ! :D

anyone seen "touch"?

starts tuesday night, same time as friday night lights though

I've not seen it but from the adverts I think it looks awful.Which is a shame as I love Kiefer Sutherland.

Might have given it a chance, but if it's on when Firday Night Lights is on, there's little chance of me watching it.

Looks to have a bit of a flash forward feel to it.

Â