Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

It's in Mandarin ;) but this is really a terrific documentary, succinctly documenting the rise of European powers as well as Japan plus the USA from the 16th to the 20th centuries.

id love to see china do a documentary on us seeing as we seem to be so bad at doing documentaries on them

wild china aside there are some absolutely awful ones, usually on one hand they outline how they are overtaking the world then on the other they say how they are doing it wrong...

It's in Mandarin ;) but this is really a terrific documentary, succinctly documenting the rise of European powers as well as Japan plus the USA from the 16th to the 20th centuries.

id love to see china do a documentary on us seeing as we seem to be so bad at doing documentaries on them

wild china aside there are some absolutely awful ones, usually on one hand they outline how they are overtaking the world then on the other they say how they are doing it wrong...

There's one starting on BBC2 shortly: Interviews Before Execution

Behind the scenes of an extraordinary Saturday night TV chat show in China on which the guests are all death row prisoners, being interviewed in the weeks, days or sometimes even the minutes before they are executed. A country that used to parade its prisoners through the streets now uses the power of television as a warning to others - shooting it to the top of the ratings. The documentary combines clips and prison footage to reveal a part of China usually hidden from the rest of the world.

Anyone know where I can stream the walking dead online? the site I normally use is down now and the other sites I find require all sorts installing. (dodgy as fook)

any help would be great as I haven't seen it since the mid season break.

Ye megavideo and other streaming sites being closed down have meant I have to d/l now. Just go to pirate bay

Brilliant ep, pity we can't discuss it for spoilers but if youve seen the ep you'll want to read this it explains a bit about the most recent episode

Cheers for that.

Has really whet my appetite for next weeks finale now!

Always Sunny In Philadelphia is fooking great

Yeah it's brilliant!

kitten mittens is my favourite scene from the whole series :lol:

What Channel is this on?

I haven't seen it on TV over here but I might be wrong. The only place I know where you can get it (legally) is Netflix. I'm not sure how many episodes they have but I'm sure I saw it on there the other day when I was having a browse on my Xbox360.

Watched the first 2 episodes of LA Cop drama "Southland' last night. Looks to be a good 'un.

First 2 series on amazon for less than a tenner.

On the comedy front watching 'Community' & "Modern Family'.

I am relatively new to both and enjoying them very much.

I can be a bit of a comedy snob, so this is my equivalent of 'two thumbs up'.

Anyone here who watches Justified?

I've heard a lot of good things about it, my friend claims its on the level of Breaking Bad in terms of great television.

Is it worth a shot?

Based on this I gave it a shot. I have it down as a formula cop show, and by episode 4 the storyline was super lame. The phrase 'on the level of breaking bad' should be used very very sparingly. Way off the mark on this occasion.

Watched the first 2 episodes of LA Cop drama "Southland' last night. Looks to be a good 'un.

Yeah, someone recommended it a while ago and I'm on season 2. It started well and gets better. Its quite an orginal approach, kind've chaotic with the police handling loads of short things rather than one story. Recommended

i watched the 1st episode of alcatraz last night, it was good, no real cliffhanger which is great IMO because i cant stand them

also heard a rumour at work today that shane from the walking dead said on letterman last night he's working with darabont on a pilot for LA noir, not based on the game but the book

also heard a rumour at work today that shane from the walking dead said on letterman last night he's working with darabont on a pilot for LA noir, not based on the game but the book

Yeah it was recently leaked that he has a starring role, leading to speculation on his Walking Dead future.

Speaking of him, having recently re-watched How I met your Mother season 1, I noticed him pop up as a guy called Carlos.

6523215127_6d0b3b126c_z.jpg

I remember previous discussion about the HBO series Luck and some people dissaproving due to the deaths of some horses in fliming.

Well after the death of another it has been cancelled

HBO Cancels Luck After a Third Horse Dies During Production

HBO has cancelled its freshman drama Luck, after a third horse died during production this week.

“It is with heartbreak that executive producers David Milch and Michael Mann together with HBO have decided to cease all future production on the series,” the pay cabler said in a statement.

The latest equine casualty was being walked back to its barn by a groom at Santa Anita Racetrack when it reared up, fell backwards and was injured. “Unfortunately, the injury was serious and could not be treated,” says the American Humane Association, which had a representative on the premises at the time. Though the injury was neither sustained while on set nor during the filming of a scene, the AHA went on to demand that “all production involving horses shut down… pending a complete, thorough, and comprehensive investigation.”

“Safety is always of paramount concern,” HBO says in its statement. “We maintained the highest safety standards throughout production, higher in fact than any protocols existing in horseracing anywhere with many fewer incidents than occur in racing or than befall horses normally in barns at night or pastures. While we maintained the highest safety standards possible, accidents unfortunately happen and it is impossible to guarantee they won’t in the future. Accordingly, we have reached this difficult decision.”

HBO’s statement closed by saying, “We are immensely proud of this series, the writing, the acting, the filmmaking, the celebration of the culture of horses, and everyone involved in its creation.”

In a separate joint statement, Milch and Mann said, “The two of us loved this series, loved the cast, crew and writers. This has been a tremendous collaboration and one that we plan to continue in the future” – albeit on a different project.

I remember previous discussion about the HBO series Luck and some people dissaproving due to the deaths of some horses in fliming.

Well after the death of another it has been cancelled

HBO Cancels Luck After a Third Horse Dies During Production

HBO has cancelled its freshman drama Luck, after a third horse died during production this week.

“It is with heartbreak that executive producers David Milch and Michael Mann together with HBO have decided to cease all future production on the series,” the pay cabler said in a statement.

The latest equine casualty was being walked back to its barn by a groom at Santa Anita Racetrack when it reared up, fell backwards and was injured. “Unfortunately, the injury was serious and could not be treated,” says the American Humane Association, which had a representative on the premises at the time. Though the injury was neither sustained while on set nor during the filming of a scene, the AHA went on to demand that “all production involving horses shut down… pending a complete, thorough, and comprehensive investigation.”

“Safety is always of paramount concern,” HBO says in its statement. “We maintained the highest safety standards throughout production, higher in fact than any protocols existing in horseracing anywhere with many fewer incidents than occur in racing or than befall horses normally in barns at night or pastures. While we maintained the highest safety standards possible, accidents unfortunately happen and it is impossible to guarantee they won’t in the future. Accordingly, we have reached this difficult decision.”

HBO’s statement closed by saying, “We are immensely proud of this series, the writing, the acting, the filmmaking, the celebration of the culture of horses, and everyone involved in its creation.”

In a separate joint statement, Milch and Mann said, “The two of us loved this series, loved the cast, crew and writers. This has been a tremendous collaboration and one that we plan to continue in the future” – albeit on a different project.

Pretty pleased with that TBH!

Oh - and South Park is back :D

Â