Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watched first two episodes of Homeland on Sky1

So far....so good.

I'm quite enjoying this too about 6 episodes in. You have to wonder how they can sustain the plot though - either he is or he isn't & if they drag that on too long it'll be hard to sustain the interest.

Can anyone recommend me a good US Cop TV show.

I have seen 24, NCIS and CSI and enjoy that sort of genre.

Anyone seen any of the Law & Orders? Or any other ideas?

The following involve cops and are great so I think you should consider them:

The Shield

The Wire

Cheers briggaman. I have seen the Wire and liked it. I have almost bought the Sheils so many times. Might take the plunge with that and Southland

If you watch an idiot abroad and say the exact things that Karl says in the show is that a bad thing ?

(not me obviously, it's like someone I know has this mate who knows someone like well, you know what I mean) :oops:

Note: For example, I have never packed a suitcase / bought socks etc.... (not me, my mate) :D

As hinted at earlier by someone else, the last episode of Spartacus was one of the best hours of telly I've seen in a long time. I don't think 'epic' is an overstatement. Arguably the best of all 3 series' so far.

I'm going to start watching the fourth season this weekend.

And you wont be disappointed... it's the best series so far IMO.

Southland seems to be quite an underated show to be fair, not much love it anywhere but it's soooo much better then other cop dramas such as Blue Bloods etc...

It really is incredibly brilliant.

It makes you realise how shit it must be to be a street cop.

I think its much down to the advertising or rather lack of it. Then the cover of the dvd has Ben McKenzie on the front and I suppose a reaction for some would be 'isnt he the guy from the oc' and that could put people off.

Then of course NBC cancelled it but the reason they did that was because they thought it was too dark for their channel and the slot it was given not because it was shit.

But like you say it really is incredibly brilliant and whilst it isnt as in depth as The Wire or perhaps the narrative isnt as good, it is just as good TV viewing if not actually more entertaining.

Drive right through Bradford yesterday

Didn't see a single white person for 20 odd mins until I was north of the city and up by keighley

Nothing wrong with that, just an observation

Didn't see a single white person for 20 odd mins until I was north of the city and up by keighley

What TV show is that from? In Sickness and in Health?

Here's an (accurate IMO) observation from one of my Facebook friends (he's a bluenose, but I'll let him off):

Re, Make Bradford British and all these affronted Bradfordian blog posts . . .

I can understand some Bradfordians having an interest in the PR image of the city. I can imagine some others want to live in a bubble where everything's lovely and tolerant. But I agree with some of the posters already here.

As an outsider moving here a few years ago (I grew up in Brum, then lived in 'that London') the whole thing rung true to me. I can remember getting here and losing count of the amount of times I heard racist talk, or was tested out by strangers I'd talk to to see if I would join them in racist banter. It felt like a duo-cultural city, with whole swathes of the population separated by mistrust and hatred from other sections of the population.

When I lived in Brum there was plenty of racism from white people, but the place has become much more mixed because there were plenty of 'middle class' asians (many more sikhs and hindus there) who moved into the outer city areas and the places really got mixed up. Bradford has remained much more ghettoised, and these things have a lot to do with the soco-economic background of the particular immigrant communities (which as you prob know in Bfd is predominantly from one small area in Kashmir).

The fact is, it seems to me, is that Bradford is noticably divided in terms of race/culture in a way that just isn't as noticable with other cities, because of the size of it's immigrant population and that it's predominantly Mirpur Kashmiri, almost to the exclusion of other immigrant groups.

the original Tinker Tailor series is currently in Asda, double DVD £5

And for anyone who hasn't seen this masterpiece head on down there clutching your fiver an make it yours. If they have Smiley's People grab that too. They are both from the golden age of BBC drama.

seems like i've waited forever for mad men season 5...

i need a christina fix!

any ideas when it is going to air in england?

Think its the 27th of March on Sky Atlantic.

I also cannot wait, love it.

Even a post like that will stop me coming in here any more if it means hinting at stuff that hasn't aired yet image_13.gif Boo-urns I say, boo-urns!

Watched the first episode proper of BBC's Dirk Gently adaptation (the superb pilot episode aired back in December, if I remember rightly). Good stuff, looking forward to the remaining 2 episodes.

Even a post like that will stop me coming in here any more if it means hinting at stuff that hasn't aired yet image_13.gif Boo-urns I say, boo-urns!

Yeah, thought that was a bit of an unnecessary spoiler.

Good episode though. Only 2 more left this season. :(

Â