Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I remember previous discussion about the HBO series Luck and some people dissaproving due to the deaths of some horses in fliming.

Well after the death of another it has been cancelled

HBO Cancels Luck After a Third Horse Dies During Production

HBO has cancelled its freshman drama Luck, after a third horse died during production this week.

“It is with heartbreak that executive producers David Milch and Michael Mann together with HBO have decided to cease all future production on the series,” the pay cabler said in a statement.

The latest equine casualty was being walked back to its barn by a groom at Santa Anita Racetrack when it reared up, fell backwards and was injured. “Unfortunately, the injury was serious and could not be treated,” says the American Humane Association, which had a representative on the premises at the time. Though the injury was neither sustained while on set nor during the filming of a scene, the AHA went on to demand that “all production involving horses shut down… pending a complete, thorough, and comprehensive investigation.”

“Safety is always of paramount concern,” HBO says in its statement. “We maintained the highest safety standards throughout production, higher in fact than any protocols existing in horseracing anywhere with many fewer incidents than occur in racing or than befall horses normally in barns at night or pastures. While we maintained the highest safety standards possible, accidents unfortunately happen and it is impossible to guarantee they won’t in the future. Accordingly, we have reached this difficult decision.”

HBO’s statement closed by saying, “We are immensely proud of this series, the writing, the acting, the filmmaking, the celebration of the culture of horses, and everyone involved in its creation.”

In a separate joint statement, Milch and Mann said, “The two of us loved this series, loved the cast, crew and writers. This has been a tremendous collaboration and one that we plan to continue in the future” – albeit on a different project.

Pretty pleased with that TBH!

Oh - and South Park is back :D

Pretty pleased with that TBH! :)

Saw Game of Thrones on DVD in Sainsburys for £24.99. Any good? Worth getting?

Words cannot describe just how much it is worth getting. It's awesome.

Although, I read the books and they are so detailed that the TV show has to leave a lot out of it.

Still though, it looks good, it's well acted and the story is great. Buy it now and watch it and then you won't have long to wait for the second season which starts on April 2nd!

Boo - Masterchef's a fix.

How can a bloody curry in a pot win? She just keeps churning out curry, week after week. Nothing "that" inspired, even if it was good. But she's "commercial" in a way the others arn't.

Tom had the idea that Torrode always favours fusion food as thats what he excells in, and so that langoustine cosomme wasn't a bad idea. I reckon if Tom hadn't done the strawberries, he's have got in there.

I think either of the other two ought to have taken first place. Acorn pannacota? What a fantastic idea. Better than ooh, Shelina, something else with mango's again...

Anyone else agree?

Bah...

I know what you mean. She kept doing everything with bloody mango. She was pretty consistent throughout though with the quality of her food.

I personally think Andrew should have won though. Right from the start he was producing amazing dishes. He made some mistakes along the way, yet his dishes always looked great. Plus they apparently tasted great most of the time...

there was an asian woman a few years back who constantly cooked curries and every time it was "thats amazing, ive never eaten anything like that before" and they raved about her, breezed in to the final then decided to cook a partridge, and not actually cook half of it...

Haven't seen any of "Luck" but the title seems ironic now.

I've got it on sky plus .. is it worth watching now ..

Got around to watching Merlin the other week , was half decent and not just from seeing Eva Greens baps a few times

and they've decided no series 2

ditto for Pan Am

if your gonna make a series then bring it to a conclusion :angry:

They all get cancelled by the networks don't they.

I think a US show that makes two series can be considered successful.

Remember that 1 season for US network TV is the equivalent of at least two series on UK TV.

If you star on a US network show that makes it through 3 or 4 seasons (especially if it's a sitcom), you're basically set for life. That's 75-100 episodes which makes it viable for rerun syndication.

I would suspect that the members of the cast of Friends, for instance, are raking in $5-10m each a year in residuals.

I was shocked when i found out how much the 3 main characters of "Big Bang Theory" make.

I can't remember the exact figure, but it was in the region of $300,000 per episode. There's 24 episodes in a series. The episodes are 20minutes long. So each one are probably only recorded for about 10-15minutes in each episode as there's loads of other characters too.

Nice work if you can get it.

There's so many good series that just got cancelled even though they were extremely good to watch,

Arrested Development, 4400, Jericho etc etc...

Yet Big Bang Theory & Two and a Half Men stay on air which are just shite really.

Big Bang Theory is the one sitcom I watch with any regularity.

The cast members of Friends were on $1 million per episode for at least the last season.

Unless Jennifer Aniston has a huge gambling problem or a major cocaine habit, I'd find it difficult to believe that she has less than $50 million in the bank. This may make her even more of a woman over 40 that you'd get in there with.

Â