Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Yeah I can understand why you wouldnt like Mad Men, I watched the first series because I was bored. Though, after time once you get familiar with the characters it gets quite addictive and the series which followed were a joy. Not in the same way Dexter and Breaking bad are, where you feel the need to find out what happens next. It's just extremely entertaining.

I've tried two new shows out in the last week or so. Alcatraz and Touch

Both of which nearly sent me too sleep. Same old shite

Anything REALLY good out there on the horizon apart from the return of Game Of Thrones and Breaking Bad ???

Mad Men started again yesterday, excellent series though it's a little slow. Much better then Alactraz/Peron Of Interest/Touch etc...

Cant see any of them lasting very long as their so poor.

Alcatraz is truly terrible, no idea how it's got air time, it's worse than "The Event" which didnt last past a series...

I love person of interest, its formulaic but I find it hugely enjoyable. Alcatraz is okay, but the guy who plays the prison guvnor in it, is fantastic.

I've quite enjoyed the first few episodes of Friday Night Lights actually. Clearly the American Football angle appeals to me and if I was to criticise it, it's a little overly sentimental for my tastes but I tolerate it a) because of the football and B) because it has a cracking cast *wibble* ;)

It's definitely influenced by The Road, the father/son thing, whilst not being as good.

Walking Dead first came out in 2003 (the graphic novels). The Road was 2006.

/pedant :)

I'm looking at Twin Peaks next as I've never seen it.

Brilliant TV. Still watch it from time to time.

I could really see parallels between The Road/Walking Dead but it looks like my theory is wrong.

I think I know who killed the girl in Twin Peaks (damn IMDB) so I'm hoping this won't detract from the series.

Twin Peaks isn't nearly as good after the reveal of the murderer, so it may detract somewhat. Myself and others included, though, found the characters and their side stories to be so wonderful that, although it wasn't as good, it was still well worth watching. I think the story goes that the broadcaster pretty much forced the producers to give the audience the reveal before they actually wanted to.

I'm loving Friday Night Lights.

My only complaint is having to watch an episode per week. Seems like the perfect series to watch back to back.

You guys know that it originated as a film with Billy Bob Thornton right? If you haven't seen it then you really should, it's brilliant and has a fantastic soundtrack done by Explosions in the Sky. EITS also had a song featured in the first episode of the first season of the TV show if I remember correctly.

Both the TV show and the film are excellent.

My only complaint is having to watch an episode per week. Seems like the perfect series to watch back to back.

I started series 1 yesterday and am now on episode 14.... i'm hooked :lol:

something something something fantastic soundtrack done by Explosions in the Sky

*leans forward*

Tell me more.

I don't know much more but this should give you more of an idea.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Definitely my favourite show. Raced through 7 seasons in no time at all. Simply brilliant.

I'm watching about 3 episodes per night before bed on my Netflix free trial and I'm up just at the end of Season 3. I'm loving it, it's definitely my kind of humour.

You guys know that it originated as a film with Billy Bob Thornton right? If you haven't seen it then you really should, it's brilliant and has a fantastic soundtrack done by Explosions in the Sky. EITS also had a song featured in the first episode of the first season of the TV show if I remember correctly.

Yep, and a book before that.

Will watching the film spoil the series?

Yep, and a book before that.

Will watching the film spoil the series?

I'm honestly not sure, but I think that the movie is essentially very close to the original source material of the book whereas the TV show is just inspired by it. The TV show has fictional characters which bear a similarity to the real-life characters in the film, but essentially their stories are pretty different. There's a lot more about relationships between teammates, friends and romantic interests in the TV show.

I've only seen 6 episodes of the first season of the TV show though so I don't know if they'll have the same ending, but either way considering it's five seasons long compared to the two hours or so of the film then it's going to be a lot more detailed. I suppose if you can watch the all of the TV show before you watch the film then you'd be playing it safe though.

watching the film will definitely not spoil the series, and reading the book won't spoil either.

The book is great, and it is a journalistic recounting of the time at the school so it is non-fiction. It also gives a good background on the socio-economic situation of the town and state of Texas, helping you understand the cultural importance (though slightly depressing) of high school football in Texas. If you read the book, and it is an easy read, you will enjoy the TV series and the movie more.

Definitely my favourite show. Raced through 7 seasons in no time at all. Simply brilliant.

Such a good show, Charlie Day and Danny Devito are class in it.

On a side note, it is pretty funny, because Mac and Dee from the show are actually married in real life.

Such a good show, Charlie Day and Danny Devito are class in it.

On a side note, it is pretty funny, because Mac and Dee from the show are actually married in real life.

Yup, and Charlie Day is married to Mary Elizabeth Ellis in real life who plays the waitress who Charlie is obsessed with throughout the series, except she has a thing for Dennis. Just another funny bit of trivia.

Â