Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm halfway through season 2 of the Walking Dead and it's turned in to The Waltons.

Its too late for me but save yourself. There's no need to watch any more.

Just my opinion, but the last few episode of season two are some of the best.

Finished Game of Thrones, finally, the other day.

Great series although it suffers a little from clearly being part of a far bigger story, and also clearly not having the budget for what it wanted to do. Hopefully the second season rectifies that.

As I'm reading through the books at the moment, I am really looking forward to the second series. You are spot on about the 'far bigger story' too.

The books are superb btw, easily the best fantasy series I've read since the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy.

Agreed. The books are fantastic from beginning to end.

One thing that did get to me a bit was how little is seen of the direwolves in the TV version.

Missed these replies (and others), apologies fellas.

I'm looking forward to the second series since they're already saying they'd managed to secure a bit more cash to do some proper battle scenes - I nearly pissed myself laughing when they set up a battle in the first series and conveniently get out of it with unconscious related shenanigans ;). Unfortunately I'll probably be late to the party with this series too - we don't have Sky Atlantic, and I cannot be bothered tracking down net uploads anymore.

As for the books... I don't think I could read them. I like fantasy, but I've read so much of it I can't really bring myself to. Especially when I know it's an ongoing thing and theres a distinct chance they'll never be finished, and when I've read some examples of quite grim prose from it. I also can't help thinking it's going to be pretty derivative stuff (something the series can escape - theres not really been a fantasy epic series like it. Whereas fantasy epic books are ten a penny). I know a couple of people who've read them and sing their praises... but nah. Not yet anyway.

I picked up Boardwalk Empire series 1 today, so got that to look forward for the next couple of weeks viewing. I've heard nothing but good things so fingers crossed.

I'm halfway through season 2 of the Walking Dead and it's turned in to The Waltons.

Its too late for me but save yourself.

:) You sound like one of the characters who's going to 'opt out'. I've watched 13 episodes so I have to finish the series. zombie%20(1).gif

And that was possibly the best two hours of TV I've ever watched.

Jessica Pare's sideboob only slightly contributes to that statement.

EDIT: how could I have forgotten Jessica Pare's downblouse? Seriously, her tits deserved starring credit in this episode.

Its too late for me but save yourself.

:) You sound like one of the characters who's going to 'opt out'. I've watched 13 episodes so I have to finish the series. zombie%20(1).gif

I started watching The Walking Dead.

I thought it was decent enough, but I can't be the only one who thought the acting/script was TERRIBLE.

The plot itself was good enough to make it watchable, but I couldn't help thinking it was a better cast and a decent script away from being really excellent.

The Walking Dead doesn't have the quality of a top show but it's quite diverting for 40 minutes. It's definitely influenced by The Road, the father/son thing, whilst not being as good. I tried Game of Thrones and it's not for me so I'm looking at Twin Peaks next as I've never seen it.

I've tried two new shows out in the last week or so. Alcatraz and Touch

Both of which nearly sent me too sleep. Same old shite

Anything REALLY good out there on the horizon apart from the return of Game Of Thrones and Breaking Bad ???

It's definitely influenced by The Road, the father/son thing, whilst not being as good.

Walking Dead first came out in 2003 (the graphic novels). The Road was 2006.

/pedant :)

I'm looking at Twin Peaks next as I've never seen it.

Brilliant TV. Still watch it from time to time.

I've tried two new shows out in the last week or so. Alcatraz and Touch

Both of which nearly sent me too sleep. Same old shite

Anything REALLY good out there on the horizon apart from the return of Game Of Thrones and Breaking Bad ???

Mad Men started again yesterday, excellent series though it's a little slow. Much better then Alactraz/Peron Of Interest/Touch etc...

Cant see any of them lasting very long as their so poor.

Alcatraz is truly terrible, no idea how it's got air time, it's worse than "The Event" which didnt last past a series...

I watched the first 2 episodes of Alcatraz and it was mildly entertaining. Better than Touch. But neither will be 'greats' I suspect. JJ needs to lay off the 'time travel' related storylines. I'm watching both basically because I've nothing else to watch. I don't like Mad Men, although I have the first 3 series in case I get extremely bored.

Â