Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

i finished walking dead S1, i really like it, bit concerned about the supposed lack of zombies in S2 seeing as IMO there arent enough in 1

watched touch, good stuff, not sure if the not a coincidence thing can last for 12 episodes and still be interesting so hopefully in the next episode a proper plot will develop

Finished Game of Thrones, finally, the other day.

Great series although it suffers a little from clearly being part of a far bigger story, and also clearly not having the budget for what it wanted to do. Hopefully the second season rectifies that.

i finished walking dead S1, i really like it, bit concerned about the supposed lack of zombies in S2 seeing as IMO there arent enough in 1

I would recommend anyone to stop at the end of season 1, and you in particular from what you say there.

I gave Alcatraz a try too, watched three episodes. It looks promising, but very quickly shows itself to be very lame, with outrageous plot holes already.

Finished up The Walking Dead this afternoon. Brilliant stuff.

Got the last two episodes of S2 queued up to watch tomorrow - can't wait after last weeks.

Brilliant ending to S2. Massive improvement all round from S1 imo.

I just wish Andrew Lincoln would stop putting his head to one side whenever he needs to say something important :)

Great series although it suffers a little from clearly being part of a far bigger story, and also clearly not having the budget for what it wanted to do. Hopefully the second season rectifies that.

As I'm reading through the books at the moment, I am really looking forward to the second series. You are spot on about the 'far bigger story' too.

The books are superb btw, easily the best fantasy series I've read since the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy.

You're right and it was a big fear of George R R Martin's when he was approached to make them into movies, which is why he went for TV instead. I watched the first season before I read the books and found it a little tricky to keep up with all of the characters and who was who. After reading all of the books to date, they're so much more detailed and helped me to understand the TV show a lot better.

Obviously there are differences between the books and the TV show but the first season remained relatively faithful when it was clearly very difficult to do so. From the trailers I've seen for Season two however, something made me think that they've maybe skipped some stuff from the second book and gone onto the third but I could be totally wrong, it's been a while since I read the second and third books to be fair.

I'd whole heartedly recommend reading the books though. I realise some may not want to as you may want to be surprised from watching the TV but for me that doesn't really matter, I love reading books and there's just so much more detail in them that the TV show just can't show unfortunately.

As I'm reading through the books at the moment, I am really looking forward to the second series. You are spot on about the 'far bigger story' too.

The books are superb btw, easily the best fantasy series I've read since the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy.

Agreed. The books are fantastic from beginning to end.

One thing that did get to me a bit was how little is seen of the direwolves in the TV version.

I'd whole heartedly recommend reading the books though. I realise some may not want to as you may want to be surprised from watching the TV but for me that doesn't really matter, I love reading books and there's just so much more detail in them that the TV show just can't show unfortunately.

My thinking is I'll watch the tv series, then delve into the books to get the added value from them.

If I do it the other way, I'll just be disappointed with the tv series, whereas this way I get two lots of awesomeness?

My thinking is I'll watch the tv series, then delve into the books to get the added value from them.

If I do it the other way, I'll just be disappointed with the tv series, whereas this way I get two lots of awesomeness?

There was traffic on this subject a few pages ago.

I recommended not reading the books until GRRM finishes the series. The latest book leaves things hanging so badly it's taking the piss. And he only writes a book every five years or so. I say enjoy the tele series and read the books later. I looked on his website to see when he's going to bring out the next one, and all he's doing is congratulating himself for finishing the last one. Lazy c unt :)

As Ginko says, the new series covers part of the third book as well. It's true, I read about it.

No, I've read the books and watched the TV series and I was very impressed with both. I was annoyed Eddard Stark was killed off as quickly as he was as you kinda root for him, but hey ho.

Interesting to watch it developing. Also Jack Gleeson, who plays Joffrey is EXACTLY how I'd imagined him, the kind of person you want to smash in the face with a mailed fist. He's a nasty spiteful little bastard. Of course Tyrion is the best character in the entire series, and in the TV as well thankfully.

Also Jack Gleeson, who plays Joffrey is EXACTLY how I'd imagined him, the kind of person you want to smash in the face with a mailed fist. He's a nasty spiteful little bastard.

He's a good actor for a young lad and doesn't do a bad english accent since he's American. Anyone remember seeing him in Batman Begins? He's the kid who gets left on the island with Rachel and all the Arkham inmates.

He's not how I imagine Joffrey to look however. He's quite a strange looking kid and Joffrey is supposed to be tall and athletic for his age and incredibly handsome. Neither of which Jack Gleeson is. He does a good job though.

I've just started watching Friday Night Lights, half way through the pilot and I already hate most of the characters..... the over confident cocky american football jocks.... eeeuuughhh.

The black dude is especially annoying, not 'cos he's black, he's just a dick.

Â