Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Assume this has previously been discussed, but I feel it needs raising again:

Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy.

Utter sh*te. And this coming from a fan of The Mighty Boosh. It doesn't even attempt to hide the fact that it's a complete rip off of TMB yet at the same time falls way, way short of reaching the heights of Fielding's former show.

Coincidentally I put something on my FB this morning about how I KNEW this show would be shit, without having to watch it.

Noel Fielding = not funny

Mighty Boosh (assuming he takes element of that """""""comedy""""""") = not funny

Sketch shows = largely not funny (apart from some exceptions)

It's a recipe for gashness, with a side of shite.

Can anyone recommend me a good US Cop TV show.

I have seen 24, NCIS and CSI and enjoy that sort of genre.

Anyone seen any of the Law & Orders? Or any other ideas?

due_south_ca-show.jpg

due_south_ca-show.jpg

Used to love that as a kid on a saturday night. It was nice watching Homeland and seeing 'Ray' in it.

Southland.

It's awesome.

Very down to earth but very entertaining.

Southland.

It's awesome.

Very down to earth but very entertaining.

I concur, its right up their with Breaking Bad for entertainment, the production is brilliant, the stories are brilliant, the acting is brilliant and it has shock value as well. I'm going to start watching the fourth season this weekend.

Justified is a bit along those lines. Really watchable show once you get used to Timothy Oliphant's overbite...

Bones is not a bad show either IMO.

Once Upon A Time - given up after 12 episodes

Alcatraz - given up after 6

i was thinking of starting these two series, so could you expand why you stopped watching.

were they awful/boring, or just not your thing?

They're both watchable and I'll probably catch up with them in the future but they just didn't move forward quickly enough. I was interested in the dual reality thing in OUAT, but it got a bit repetitive towards the end of the series. Alcatraz is just a cop show, catching a different guy every week and not explaining anything about where they've come from. When I realised it was a rip off of the 4400 I just started watching that instead and have really enjoyed it.

The following involve cops and are great so I think you should consider them:

The Shield

The Wire

The following involve cops and are great so I think you should consider them:

The Shield

The Wire

This.

I'm going to start watching the fourth season this weekend.

And you wont be disappointed... it's the best series so far IMO.

Southland seems to be quite an underated show to be fair, not much love it anywhere but it's soooo much better then other cop dramas such as Blue Bloods etc...

It really is incredibly brilliant.

It makes you realise how shit it must be to be a street cop.

Make Bradford British. One dimensional, in that they put a group of disparate people (of different ethnicities and cultures together) and filmed the misunderstandings and clashes. But a major component of those clashes was down to differences in intelligence, education, class, personality and level of articulacy - not race, religion or culture. You'd have got a similar effect if you'd thrown together a dozen random people from one monoculture.

Still, let's not let common sense get in the way of a good media opportunity, eh?

Make Bradford British. One dimensional, in that they put a group of disparate people (of different ethnicities and cultures together) and filmed the misunderstandings and clashes. But a major component of those clashes was down to differences in intelligence, education, class, personality and level of articulacy - not race, religion or culture. You'd have got a similar effect if you'd thrown together a dozen random people from one monoculture.

Still, let's not let common sense get in the way of a good media opportunity, eh?

I didn't actually watch the show (it was clearly Channel 4 doing it's 'controversial but posturing as intelligent' that I can't be doing with), but I'm glad I wasn't wrong when I thought the exact same thing watching the ads for it.

I'd go so far as to suggest you'd get the same result if you whacked a bunch of average joes into the same situation, with similar backgrounds and statuses. People who don't know each other terribly well don't tend to spark well often. Shock horror.

Game of Thrones season 1 is out on bluray on Monday, and apparently it's a corker of a set on the audiovisual front. I'll pick it up in good time, I got to episode 7 a while back and lost my way with it.

Â