Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 14/10/2019 at 19:34, Designer1 said:

Very enjoyable first episode of Marianne on Netflix.

Suitably creepy atmosphere, with good performances and some really sparse, eerie cinematography to compliment the story.

Just make sure you switch off the awful dubbing and watch the subtitled version. 

Just watched the first ep

Proper creepy.

Always enjoy non Hollywood horrors more as they are less predictable and usually have less familiar actors in them

• Like 1

On 29/10/2019 at 09:09, AVFCDAN said:

Silicon Valley back!

Was a good episode but can't help but feel its still not reaching the heights it promised from the first 2 seasons, the scale is grand but the storylines are quite basic.

Also recycled to death.

The plot of every season is exactly the same but it's still fun.

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

Also recycled to death.

The plot of every season is exactly the same but it's still fun.

Agree but the first ep of the new season still made me laugh. I was particularly fond of the Dinesh/Gilfoyle AI section 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, sne said:

This could be really good if they've managed to get it right.

Probably haven't but it does look OK

If he doesnt say "Move it Roach" then I'll be sad. Looks **** great though.

• Like 2

Just started on the first episode of See.

Looking forward to Seeing Jason Momoa reprising the exact role he played in GOT, Aquaman, Conan, Frontier, Braven...

My god this guy has range

See Poster

Not sure what to think after the first episode, it's all a bit silly

Edited by sne

2 hours ago, sne said:

Looking forward to Seeing Jason Momoa reprising the exact role he played in GOT, Aquaman, Conan, Frontier, Braven...

See Poster

The whole AppleTV+ launch line up is pretty rubbish to be fair. 

This was the one that caught my eye the most and it’s been slated pretty much everywhere. 

‘Morning Show’ and ‘For All Mankind’ looked half decent from the trailers, but neither have been given good reviews. 

There is nothing on the ‘coming soon’ list that looks that good either, I’m not even going to bother with the 7 day free trial at the moment. 

Disney+ will do well because they have the existing content and millions will sign up for the Marvel and Star Wars shows alone, but Apple are going to have to massively up their content game if they want to seriously compete. 

23 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Agree but the first ep of the new season still made me laugh. I was particularly fond of the Dinesh/Gilfoyle AI section 😁

It had me going from the start, with Richard speaking to Congress! 

Such a brilliant show. It lost a little bit when T.J Miller quit, but it’s still one of the best comedies of the past decade imo. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

See Poster

Watched this last night and as you've said not sure what to think 

18 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

This was the one that caught my eye the most and it’s been slated pretty much everywhere. 

‘Morning Show’ and ‘For All Mankind’ looked half decent from the trailers, but neither have been given good reviews. 

There is nothing on the ‘coming soon’ list that looks that good either, I’m not even going to bother with the 7 day free trial at the moment. 

Disney+ will do well because they have the existing content and millions will sign up for the Marvel and Star Wars shows alone, but Apple are going to have to massively up their content game if they want to seriously compete. 

First 3 episodes are not terrible, the production value is really good, but the whole premise is a bit silly.

And there are some scenes with "The Queen" that are outright just silly and only in there to make it edgy or controversial i guess.

• Like 1

Home nursing a cold so it'll be the sofa and season 2 of Jack Ryan tonight.

First season was not half bad, hope this one is OK as well.

Edit: Turns out s2 was a bit of a let down.

Story was a bit meh and the whole American high level operative doing everything himself on the ground is getting a bit tired.  Foreigners bad USA good Yay!

It's really sad when Americans die but everyone else is expendable plot devices. Same old same old.

Spoiler

And the season finale is just an implausible joke making the whole season bordering on a 4/10 or worse

If season 1 was a strong 6 or even a 7 then this one was a 5.

It's not terrible thou. Just wasn't coherent or interesting unlike s1

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I’d heard that they were looking at buying Sony TV/Film distribution. This would increase their appeal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coda said:

Promising start for His Dark Materials. Ruth Wilson <3. Feel like I shouldn't have abandoned the books.

It was ok, if a little slow. Always going to be to begin with. Will see it out. 

I haven’t read the books, is this series just on the first book? With the already confirmed second series the second book? 

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I haven’t read the books, is this series just on the first book? With the already confirmed second series the second book? 

I'm not 100% sure but I'm currently reading the first book. Was hoping to have read it by the time this series came out but haven't had time.

I'm almost halfway through the book, and they could get at least another episode and a half into whats happened so far, so I reckon season one is just book one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coda said:

Promising start for His Dark Materials. Ruth Wilson <3. Feel like I shouldn't have abandoned the books.

I love the books.

I think I started reading them when the third came out so would have been 9/10 which makes it slightly hard for me to objectively judge them as I'd happily read them now simply for the nostalgic feeling. My mum read them as an adult just after I did and enjoyed them though.

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The books do start a little slowly too, but it's great once you get into it. Same as GoT (forgetting the rushed shite at the end) it will be worth the pacing at the start for the fact I think the story and world building can only really be done justice if done over several series.

Pretty sure it is one series per book.

• Like 1

Â