Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I was reminded of Bordertown at work yesterday (short lived animation series) and it really was quite good.

After a bit of digging I realised the same people do Paradise PD which is ok and on Netflix but they also did one a few years back called Brickleberry and its really quite good, I watched a couple of episodes last night.

So could be an interesting I’m a Celebrity Get me out of Here(I know it’s a reality tv programme but it’s the only one I find appealing, there’s something about it that draws me in, not just the hot women in bikinis). Haskell will be interesting choice, I listen to his podcast and he can have interesting viewpoints, he is notorious for getting hangry though so could implode. Whether the Kardashian’s will take voting because of their family member remains to be seen. Plus Nadine Coyle was always the best looking in Girls Aloud, so we’ll have some eye candy as well

On 14/11/2019 at 15:01, Vive_La_Villa said:

Started watching Bojak Horseman. Not bad, will carry on watching I think. 

It’s my favourite thing on Netflix. It starts off as a silly but funny dark comedy about a washed up selfish actor but gets loads deeper as the series develops. 

There are a lot of parallels to the TV show ‘You’re the worst!’ which also finished up recently. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

There are a lot of parallels to the TV show ‘You’re the worst!’ which also finished up recently. 

You’re The Worst is massively underrated over here. 

We stumbled on it one day on Comedy Central (I think), watched the first series and some of the 2nd, then it disappeared and I’ve not been able to find anywhere else since - apart from Amazon, where it’s a paid download option only. 

The bits I’ve seen were brilliant and I can’t believe it hasn’t had an audience over here, it’s much better than some of the shite that gets served up as ‘comedy’. Explored some darker themes too around PTSD and depression - it really was excellent and very funny (plus the two leading ladies were hot) 

Where did you find it, I’d love to watch the rest? 

31 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

You’re The Worst is massively underrated over here. 

We stumbled on it one day on Comedy Central (I think), watched the first series and some of the 2nd, then it disappeared and I’ve not been able to find anywhere else since - apart from Amazon, where it’s a paid download option only. 

The bits I’ve seen were brilliant and I can’t believe it hasn’t had an audience over here, it’s much better than some of the shite that gets served up as ‘comedy’. Explored some darker themes too around PTSD and depression - it really was excellent and very funny (plus the two leading ladies were hot) 

Where did you find it, I’d love to watch the rest? 

All 5 seasons are on ‘SBS - On Demand’ an Australian TV channel. It’s geoblocked so you would need a vpn (which is what I use). They also have a lot of world movies and a decent TV catalog for free.

Edited by LondonLax
  • Thanks 1

Happy to say that this episode of Watchmen was a stark improvement on the previous 4.

first ep that wasn't a Watchmen skinned meh!

Quite enjoyed it actually, can't say I did the first 4.

If they can maintain this quality I don't really care about it not really feeling like Watchmen.

Quite enjoyed the first episode of War of the Worlds. Looking forward to the next two parts. The only problem is that I can never accept Rafe Spall as a good guy as he just looks like a villain in everything all the time. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Quite enjoyed the first episode of War of the Worlds. Looking forward to the next two parts. The only problem is that I can never accept Rafe Spall as a good guy as he just looks like a villain in everything all the time. 

I thought it was really excellent. I've seen reviews that criticised the love story/divorce/possibly gay scientist etc. themes as being merely political correctness to pander to modern sensibilities. Which is very wrong. These things were very much topical in the Edwardian era, and major themes in H. G. Wells's (non-SF) fiction. Totally appropriate to bring them into WotW. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I thought it was really excellent. I've seen reviews that criticised the love story/divorce/possibly gay scientist etc. themes as being merely political correctness to pander to modern sensibilities. Which is very wrong. These things were very much topical in the Edwardian era, and major themes in H. G. Wells's (non-SF) fiction. Totally appropriate to bring them into WotW. 

The reviewers/media need to mention all that stuff to stay relevant. Division = arguments =exposure and website clicks.

Episode 5 of Watchmen was by light years the best of the series so far. The guest to actually feel like it had some meaningful connection to the source. It's still not Watchmen, but it was a bloody good hour of TV. Mostly because the series finally realised who the most intriguing and Watchmen esque character they've got is and did an episode dedicated to them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Season 3 of The Crown is rather good. It has to be, Charles Dance is in it.

I've never watched it, but looking forward to seeing who plays Emily Maitlis in the final season.

Agreed that Charles Dance is always fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I haven't seen the show but this quote from one of said reviews did make me chuckle.

You might have thought the Martians laying waste to Surrey would temporarily occupy their thoughts, but amid all the carnage they don’t neglect their subplot. “I went to see my wife yesterday, to ask her to sign the divorce papers,” George says, while an extraterrestrial super-intelligence immolates the village around him. Talk about a stiff upper lip. 

On 11/11/2019 at 12:49, PieFacE said:

Same with "The end of the **** world", season 2 is on Netflix everywhere apart from the UK, where it will be released weekly on channel 4.

Who's going to bother waiting? I've watched it and it's a bit "meh" tbh. Should have left it after S1 finished. 

I only lasted an episode and a bit of the first season

i appreciate the protagonists aren’t meant to be likeable but the writers and actors did too good a job and I couldn’t stand either, especially the girl! 

Watched two Episodes of Madalorian and it's quite good. Not sure how it's going to pan out as there isn't much of a ongoing story line but the small sub plots are quite entertaining, if a little predictable . Suppose it helps I'm a Sci-fi fan and it all been a bit barren on that front for years 

Episode 5 of Watchmen was a brilliant hour of TV. 

For those interested, HBO have put some additional content on their website relating to the show. 

They add a ‘file’ each week and there is some pretty cool stuff on there, if you’re enjoying the show it’s worth a look. 

https://www.hbo.com/peteypedia 

The BBC continues to butcher it's Discworld adaptation, the Watch. More weird casting choices, more completely changing characters for... no reason, more completely misunderstanding characters.

Sigh. All I want is a faithful adaptation of the books, with a decent budget. Apparently this isn't allowed.

Â