Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watched the first two episodes of DC Legends of Tomorrow and far from impressed. Bad acting, direction and writing. The Marvel shows are so much better.

I think I'll add Better Call Saul to the list as everybody appears to be raving about it.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

hearing really good things about daredevil S2, which is great considering they've taken a big risk on it IMO its sounding like the punisher is playing a big role in it whereas from what ive seen i dont think the kingpin, who was superb in S1, hasnt been shown at all

still really hoping he'll show up in civil war and they do keep dropping it in to interviews but i think they're just stroking my balls as a way of getting free marketing, im also hoping they dont do something utterly **** ridiculous and recast him for the movies (DC...)

There's no Kingpin this time round I understand. The villain appears to be the Punisher to an extent, and the Hand. I'll be astounded if by the end of the series Daredevil and the Punisher haven't ended to working together, even of only briefly.

He won't be in Civil War. The story really doesn't have much to do with the comic, beyond basic inspiration and themes.

I think the best bet for the Netflix team to appear in the movies is the Infinity War films. If that happens I don't think they'll recast unless they're forced to, the Netflix series are heavily invested in the MCU and came out of it, unlike DC/WB

Anywho, final Daredevil S2 trailer

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Watched the first two episodes of DC Legends of Tomorrow and far from impressed. Bad acting, direction and writing. The Marvel shows are so much better.

I think I'll add Better Call Saul to the list as everybody appears to be raving about it.

I got half way through the pilot episode of DC Legends and couldn't carry on. As you say it was terrible. DC LOT seemed way to hammy for my liking, I ususally like to give tv series a few episodes before writing them off, but I just couldn't do it this time.

49 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I got half way through the pilot episode of DC Legends and couldn't carry on. As you say it was terrible. DC LOT seemed way to hammy for my liking, I ususally like to give tv series a few episodes before writing them off, but I just couldn't do it this time.

I was hoping it was because they had too many characters to introduce in the pilot and that it would settle but episode two was worse than one. The characters are all morons as well and I feel it is being aimed at kids (hence the hammy acting and awful dialogue).

Colony has been picked up by Sky and will be on Sky One next month - as I alluded to earlier in the thread, it's not a bad watch. Sawyer from Lost is married to Lori from Walking Dead, and they're trapped in a block with Attack on Titan-esque walls under 24 hour surveillance in a dystopian world following an invasion by mysterious alien types....

On 16 March 2016 at 08:38, NeilS said:

I've fallen asleep on both episodes go far...says it all haha

21 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Finished Man in the high castle ... Was a bit disappointing all in all ... Anyone read the book , does it do a better job ?

I read the book earlier this year, I was intrigued by the adverts for the TV series but don't have Amazon TV so thought I'd read it instead.  Apparently the show is quite different to the book which is a good read and thought-provoking, but the ending seemed a bit of a cop out to me, or at least too clever and abstract for my little mind.  I preferred Robert Harris's kind of alternate history like Fatherland which has a similar theme of 'what if we lost the war'.  I understand Phillip K Dick is more of a sci-fi writer and a little eccentric and it comes across in the book.

• Like 1

Daredevil has a cracking opening couple of episodes to series 2 and yep, Frank Castle steals the show instantly. John Bernthal was always going to be a cracking bit of casting, and he really shows it. On the basis of these 2 episodes, he's walked straight off the page.

It still suffers with the same problems of series 1, there's some absolutely clunking dialogue still and the performances are uneven (Foggy is much improved thankfully though!), with a few too many caricatures in the supporting cast, but otherwise we're back to great dark action series it seems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

i did try looking at IGNs reviews this morning but my work web filter blocked it for "hate"

:D

I skipped to the end score of their reviews on about six of the episodes & I didn't see one below a 8.5 I don't think. One had a 10!

Have one to go on season 1, taken me ages to get through it for some reason.

Â