Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see Dave Rogers sign for us. LOVE IT!

He's too busy playing golf, and he's MUCH older than 34 ;-)

Dave Rogers=Legend. What a goal that was. I was behind that goal in that game.

Was sacked from his last club for showing his arse to the opposition fans who actually took it as a joke.

He was linked with Chelsea yesterday for 10 million.

Every 3 or 4 pages on here is Carew bashing. He is consistently our top scorer and he gets bashed. very strange. Doesnt matter who its against once you score.

Agree with this. Carew may not be the most mobile and hardest working but he scored more than any other Villa player last season and he won't be cheap to replace if MON decides to move him on.

I'd like us to sign the brazillian ronaldo. He is quite old and injury prone yes, but he is a natural goalscorer and im sure could prove useful if roatated well enough. I also think gabby and the fonz could learn so much from him.

I would love to see Dave Rogers sign for us. LOVE IT!

Why not, especially when he produces moments of magic like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIxHcILzZEE.

Did the commentator say "What a **** goal"? :shock:

No, a fabulous goal.

I nearly spit water all over my keyboard when I saw who Dave Rogers was! They must be having a serious laugh! Journeyman would be the word! haha! :lol:

I would like us to waste our wages on Ronaldo. I think it would be a waste of a fair money, but i'd take a season of that just to see him at Villa Park.

and you call Carew lazy? :winkold:

Just stick him up front as a poacher, don't tell him to move and give him constant stream of donughts. I'm sure he'll get 20 goals.

I would put my life on the fact he would contribute more than Heskey. And that he would go down less, even though he is faced with the prospect of a heart attack every other game.

I would like us to waste our wages on Ronaldo. I think it would be a waste of a fair money, but i'd take a season of that just to see him at Villa Park.

and you call Carew lazy? :winkold:

As i've said, I know it's a waste of money but I could handle us finishing us lower for one season just to see Ronaldo playing at Villa Park and well just to see him. He's my favourite all-time player.

Just seen this post on another forum.

Just seen an article on Celtic Underground about players who Lennon wants to join us in the summer and players likely to leave:

In

Jimmy Bullard (Loan)

Sol Campbell (who apparently wants a coaching role as well)

Martin Petrov (has been offered to Rangers as well though probably couldn't afford his wages)

Stilian Petrov

Liam Lawrence

Craig Bellamy (Loan)

Out

Aiden McGeady (In negotiations with Spurs & Birmingham for £9million)

Artur Boruc (probably either Sevilla or Bayern Munich)

Stephen McManus (Middlesbrough)

Paul Caddis (probably a Championship club)

Interesting note for Chindie and any other Villa fans is that MON's right hand man, John Robertson is leaving this summer.

Anybody else heard this rumour?