Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

For me Doyle is the best we can get inside the UK at the moment. He's not the greatest goalscorer like POB says but he has a habit of getting in good positions whenever I see him. Also I agree that he is far more worthwhile then a Carew who is a very poor team player and very injury prone.

However I'm sure there are plenty of players abroad who are better, but they're a gamble and its up to MON to decide whether it's worth taking. Especially when Angel took so long to settle and Balaban never.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's true Rob. Suprisingly there is much more to being a striker than scoring goals (which 10 league goals is hardly "wow" is it...)

name a better replacement then

Well for starters, both Doyle and Keane. Would score similar amounts through a season, more consistant in their performances, work harder. Function the team alot better and allow us to keep the ball alot better too.

That's just two simple names....Without Carew in the team this year, we've got a better goals to game ratio, conceded less goals per game, more points per game ratio. The games Carew has played, played 7 out of 22 against top 8 opposition, without Carew, played 7 out of 16 against top 8 opposition....so say you even it up, add 6 games against lower half teams then the stats woiuld prove without Carew even further.

with Carew in the team, we've lost to Blackburn, Blackburn, West Ham, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City.

Without Carew, lost to just Wigan and Arsenal (and in the Arsenal game, Carew came on at 0-0....)

Just because he has a great chant, he's a fairly loveable guy, he scores decent amount of goals (not a great amount, 10 prem goals is hardly something to get excited about) doesn't mean he's somehow some great player. He's negatives outweigh the positives by a fair amount in my opinion and I care more about the team and how the team plays and how the team does far more than how John Carew does. Just because he plays for Villa doesn't make him irreplacable, we lost Laursen and Barry for this season and improved once again. Never mind John Carew who at very best is a decent striker.

Were linked to some South Korean named Park who plays for Monaco. I was watching North Korea vs Greece, North Korea have this striker don't know his name but the kid was amazing, number 23 if some Villain could help me with his name it would be appreciated!

Still waiting for a site that isn't a useless site to link us to Benayoun. £10m for a 30 year old. I suppose it's understandable given that Liverpool are totally broke.

Still waiting for a site that isn't a useless site to link us to Benayoun. £10m for a 30 year old. I suppose it's understandable given that Liverpool are totally broke.

Great player, but as you say Bri £10m for a 30 year old?

He was linked with Chelsea yesterday for 10 million.

Every 3 or 4 pages on here is Carew bashing. He is consistently our top scorer and he gets bashed. very strange. Doesnt matter who its against once you score.

Some tidy players out there, lots of options...

Firstly I want to see Sidwell, Beye, Heskey, Shorey and maybe even Carew (I know he still scores but his fitness, inconsistancy, and fact that season on season he looks like he is gettign worse and worse means now is the time to sell and at least get a decent fee) all moved on for between £2-5 mill each, will Carew hopefully getting £6-7 mill.

We need to sort out the midfield. Petrov and Milner doesnt work as a pair. Its all going to hinge on whether Milner goes, but if he does, we could get Ireland as a swop, then buy one of Jamie O'Hara / Scott Parker. Prefer O'Hara and I doubt Spammers will let Parker go anyway. Thats only if MON is scared of buying from europe again, if he actually takes a plunge then there are some real talents out there.

Up front we need 2 to replace Carew and Heskey. Id get one of Bellamy / Doyle, and then a wilcard from abroad. I like the look of that South Korean striker at Monaco that someone mentioned, but theres lots of gifted players out there who would love a move to the premiership, we just need to take a gamble.

Yakubu would just be a worse version of Carew!

Strange how Carew gets a huge amount of stick on here, when last season was his best goals return in his whole career.

In fact in the last 3 seasons he's hit 13, 15 then 17.

I'm with you Rob! Although I don't know whether the original comment was intended to be a compliment to the big man???

and as for the Yak - no thanks!!!! (he's reportedly 27 - which according to my Nigerian calculator makes him 38!)

made me chuckle

Dave Rogers wanted by Aston Villa: Martin O'Neill enters chase for £1.4m-rated Cork City versataile defender

By Ill-informed Nonce

Last updated at 8:49 PM on 1st June 2010

* Comments (0)

* Add to My Stories

Martin O’Neill is entering the battle to sign Corks’s £1.4m-rated Dave Rogers.

Aston Villa’s chief scout Ian Storey-Moore will check on the Englishman but they face competition from Dagenham and Grimsby.

Dagenham and Grimsby are also interested in the 34-year-old, in order to boost their defensive options for the season ahead. The experienced defender is thought to provide the know how to help them stay in their respective leagues. For Villa however, who look set to lose Luke Young and Habib Beye, he comes a surprise target, leaked to us from a source well up my own arse.

Link