Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Yakubu incredibly lazy?

who cares? he's a goalscorer

A combined 9 goals in 35 games over the last 2 seasons says otherwise, and that he's injury prone

Actually that may be 11 goals, but whatever, its not great

Yakubu would just be a worse version of Carew!

Strange how Carew gets a huge amount of stick on here, when last season was his best goals return in his whole career.

In fact in the last 3 seasons he's hit 13, 15 then 17.

Strange how Carew gets a huge amount of stick on here, when last season was his best goals return in his whole career.

I'm with you Rob! Although I don't know whether the original comment was intended to be a compliment to the big man???

and as for the Yak - no thanks!!!! (he's reportedly 27 - which according to my Nigerian calculator makes him 38!)

A combined 9 goals in 35 games over the last 2 seasons says otherwise, and that he's injury prone

Actually that may be 11 goals, but whatever, its not great

Why if someone picks up a serious injury which puts them out a year does it earn them the title injury prone?

A lot of them games he came on with like 15-20 minutes to go as a substitute. He's assisted on a few goals in this time too, 4 - I think.

He's a better player than some of you are giving him credit for, in my opinion.

I'm not criticising Carew by saying that, just saying that he's no improvement on Carew. And Yakubu is also injury prone and is probably older than Carew.

Wigan apparently want £15m for N'Zogbia, so anybody who hoped we'd get him will probably be disappointed.

I'm not too keen on Yakubu, he's not a great improvement, or anything different, to what we already have

Well today's pant-wettingly funny rumour comes from NOTW (via tribal). Seemingly we will offer Wolves Heskey in (part-)exchange for Doyle. Surely McCarthy isn't that stupid unless Heskey was sent there with £10m in his arse pocket.

5 were penalties. 7 of them in cup competitions against Blackburn reserves (1 penalty), a poor rapid Vienna team which had we actually tried first leg, we'd of gone through, 3 against Reading (1 pen), 2 against Crystal Palace (both pens).

He doesn't contribute anything else to the team, gives away constant free-kicks, loses the ball regularly, rarely runs anywhere.

Not worth it for 10 premiership goals. Kevin Doyle could give you 10 league goals and helluva lot more in other departments. Carew has a bad effect on us defensively as a team too because he regularly loses possesion and ball keeps coming back at us rather than us keeping the ball in opposition half.

Well today's pant-wettingly funny rumour comes from NOTW (via tribal). Seemingly we will offer Wolves Heskey in (part-)exchange for Doyle. Surely McCarthy isn't that stupid unless Heskey was sent there with £10m in his arse pocket.

Just give 'em £9m and be done with it.

Part exchanges are few and far between.