Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

MON is as exciting as ever when it comes to transfer windows. He runs into the dark and hide until there is only a few days left of the window he hates so much...

Its not easy to strengthen the squad when you hate how the transfer market works. I wouldnt go into something with a burning heart if I didnt like it...so I am not surprised MON again has so big problems being active in the transfermarket.

It will be MacGyver-type-of-tactics again...bargains that he will eventually get some good games from...occasionally.

I like the way you put it.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about throwing Bannan into the middle, and letting play off the strikers in a diamond formation?

:shock:

What's shocking about that?

We've got these kids and they're never given a run out. I'd rather throw them in at the deep end, see what they're about rather than spunk money up the wall.

I'd love to see Bannan and Delph(when fit) thown in.

If we find out that they're not good enough then fair enough but I'd rather us find out

Couldnt get in the blackpool starting XI - find out - DONE

Some of my mates are Blackpool fans and they said he was one of the stars of their season.

I've not seen any qoutes with MON saying Bannan had no future??

I haven't seen any quote either Rainy. However, I was talking to a guy who works at Villa Park and he too is a fan of Bannan's. He told me that he heard it from someone very close to the player, whilst watching him for our reserves last season, that MON had told Bannan to look for another club because he doesn't have the physique to make it in the Premier League.

The guy seemed pretty genuine and the person who he claims told him is a very reliable source.

would surprise me, MON often talks about Young being 7 stone wet through or something like that and doesnt seem bothered. If we doesnt keep him it will be because he doesnt rate him as good enough.

havent sold anybody either :D

released a few tho

Blackpool, Stoke and Blackburn haven't signed anyone yet... Out of the top 10 last season were the only team who hasn't signed anyone yet.

Blackpool: Dekel Keinan (Maccabi Haifa)

Blackburn Rovers: Hugo Fernandez (Union Deportivo Cornella)

Stoke City: Florent Cuvelier (Portsmouth)

*sigh*

another "sky sports is the bible" head?

check soccerbase

the blackpool one, it transpires, hasnt gone through yet, but hes agreed and the club have agreed, so exect that in a day or 2

which means we WILL be the only club who havent made a signing

Does it matter?

It's not a race :|

Would be nice for our new players to have pre-season with the squad though.

Of course, however you also have to remember how the likes of Collins, Dunne and Warnock slotted in last summer.

Of course you can counter argue that with others players, but what's more important is that we get the right players in for the right price and I trust MON to do that. He's made some good buys, and some bad like all managers and that'll probably continue. The biggest problem for me would be if we were short come the first game like last season, however I doubt that'll happen again.

It could be argued of course that many of Mon's "Bad buys" were actually good buys that we have since moved on from... I mean the squad was very weak when he 1st arrived & players like Sidwell (arguably) Nrc, C Davies & several others did actually improve us at the time but as we have continued to evolve as a side they are no longer getting a game & are therefore tagged as these bad buys... In fact they served a purpose but we are now aiming higher .... That surely was a process we had to go through?

Having said all that i have to say that for me Davies, NRC & L Young could still do a good job for us but then i'm not the manager for a reason :lol:

It could be argued of course that many of Mon's "Bad buys" were actually good buys that we have since moved on from... I mean the squad was very weak when he 1st arrived & players like Sidwell (arguably) Nrc, C Davies & several others did actually improve us at the time but as we have continued to evolve as a side they are no longer getting a game & are therefore tagged as these bad buys... In fact they served a purpose but we are now aiming higher .... That surely was a process we had to go through?

Having said all that i have to say that for me Davies, NRC & L Young could still do a good job for us but then i'm not the manager for a reason :lol:

I see what you are saying but there has to be a better way than this, that's 20-25 M + wages. You are correct, they did improve us at the time but virtually any player with a set of boots would have. Expensive stop gaps IMO and the aiming higher comment will have to wait, if we sign R Keane as THE big signing this summer then it blows it all out of the water and we might as well keep players like Sidwell.

Indeed you would hope there was a better way than this but i guess it is down to what players we could attract at the time... lets face it we had just dodged relegation when MON came in so i don't see how we could have got a better calibre of players in at the time?... So maybe, very expensive though it has been, it was the only way to progress given the circumstances?.... I do agree though that now we should be aiming higher maybe although i guess Keane, if indeed the links are not just press speculation which they could still be though it does look increasingly probable it will happen, would be another short term fix but if no one else is avaliable then it could be the only way? ..

I reckon half the Mon "late dealings" thing could be just that... to allow the maximum amount of time to see if anyone better becomes avaliable at the last minute once everyone has done their business? A swings & roundabouts situation of course however!