Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sun

MARTIN O'NEILL is weighing up an £8million bid for Mario Mandzukic.

Aston Villa's boss sent scouts to check on the Croatia striker on Tuesday and is ready to step up his interest.

O'Neill has received glowing reports on Mandzukic, 23, who struck twice for Dinamo Zagreb in a 5-1 Champions League qualifier win over FC Koper.

The Irishman can bolster his transfer kitty with the anticipated sales of Nigel Reo-Coker, Steve Sidwell and Luke Young.

And he is prepared to use a large chunk of his expected transfer pot to lure Mandzukic to Villa Park.

Mandzukic has guided Zagreb to back-to-back league and cup doubles in Croatia in the last two seasons but wants a fresh challenge in the Premier League.

His representatives are actively looking to find him a top-flight club here and Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal have also expressed interest in him.

HAHAHA The Sun got this wrong, printed into todays rag paper!! This guy signed yesterday around 3pm for Wolfsburg

Guys this McGeady signing. Someone told me yesterday (this is from my ITK person) that he was going to be shown at the kit launch. It didnt happen which I was a little peed at. But, he came back saying that he was going to be shown but they had to tie up some loss ends and will be shown over the next few days. Any one know if this is true or is it def once again ITK??

Also, looking at Downing's & Brad's comments yesterday and it looks to be Milner is a done deal?? The bit which caught my eye was brad's comment

"If someone does go, and someone does come in, you can count on the fact that a good player will have left and a good player will have come in"

hmmmmmmm SEE YA MILNER!

Its my birthday. I would like a shiney new player as a present please Martin. Though this time I would appreciate it if it wasn't Marlon Harewood.

Thanks.

Happy birthday Picicata, gotta feel it might be McGeady but lets see. You never know with our Martin lol

The Sun

MARTIN O'NEILL is weighing up an £8million bid for Mario Mandzukic.

Aston Villa's boss sent scouts to check on the Croatia striker on Tuesday and is ready to step up his interest.

O'Neill has received glowing reports on Mandzukic, 23, who struck twice for Dinamo Zagreb in a 5-1 Champions League qualifier win over FC Koper.

The Irishman can bolster his transfer kitty with the anticipated sales of Nigel Reo-Coker, Steve Sidwell and Luke Young.

And he is prepared to use a large chunk of his expected transfer pot to lure Mandzukic to Villa Park.

Mandzukic has guided Zagreb to back-to-back league and cup doubles in Croatia in the last two seasons but wants a fresh challenge in the Premier League.

His representatives are actively looking to find him a top-flight club here and Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal have also expressed interest in him.

HAHAHA The Sun got this wrong, printed into todays rag paper!! This guy signed yesterday around 3pm for Wolfsburg

I can't find any reports of him signing for Wolfsburg, if you look on Wolfsburg official website, there is nothing about the signing, surely if they had made a significant signing like that, the OS would have it!

I can't find any reports of him signing for Wolfsburg, if you look on Wolfsburg official website, there is nothing about the signing, surely if they had made a significant signing like that, the OS would have it!

Was going to mention this, Mandžukić to Wolfsburg is by no means a done deal. I have a suspicion the transfer won't happen until/unless Džeko goes, which means (if we are in fact in for him) we have every chance of getting in there before Wolfsburg.

Be good if we were still in for him but after seeing mm say about mcgeady i dont see us going abroad again this year.

I just cant believe mon is gonna sign mcgeady and the price will over 10 million madness.

Be good if we were still in for him but after seeing mm say about mcgeady i dont see us going abroad again this year.

I just cant believe mon is gonna sign mcgeady and the price will over 10 million madness.

Some people may have said the same thing about Ash Young before we signed him......though I must admit I've been largely unimpressed with him each and every time I've seen him, which doesn't bode well

Re the Milner saga - it's looking more and more inevitable that he's going (or indeed wants to go!!!)

In the past 2 days - current players have commented on (or excluded) Jimmy Milner during press meetings.

Downing has warned Milner he'll be a bit-part player

Friedel has said they're not concerned as if he leaves someone else decent will replace him

and

Petrov missed him out completely when stating McGeady would be another player who could create something out of nothing in the team, like Young, Downing and Gabby.....

Am I reading too far into this as I get the impression, the players feel a little let down by JM's desire to move???

Feck Milner out, Mc-O'Geady in, midtable here we come =(
get a grip,McGeady wont be Milners replacement,and tbh Milner going isnt enough to just turn us in to a mid table team ffs he wasnt that good.

a bit of an over-reaction there!!! we did well when lost Barry and I expect us to do the same without JM

get a grip,McGeady wont be Milners replacement,and tbh Milner going isnt enough to just turn us in to a mid table team ffs he wasnt that good.

Yup but last season we had Milner to step in for Barry and he turned out to be just as good, if not better. Can we honestly say that Aiden "can't-get-into-Ireland-team-ahead-of-feckin-Liam-Lawrence" McGeady can do that if Milner leaves?

a bit of an over-reaction there!!! we did well when lost Barry and I expect us to do the same without JM

Yup but last season we had Milner to step in for Barry and he turned out to be just as good, if not better. Can we honestly say that Aiden "can't-get-into-Ireland-team-ahead-of-feckin-Liam-Lawrence" McGeady can do that if Milner leaves?

Milner wasn't primed as Barry's replacement either if you recall - he didn't start centrally until mid november,

I don't think McGeady will be his direct replacement - if anyone is to get the 'job' replacing JM it'll probably be Downing, NRC or Delph (when back from injury)

(and I still think you're over-reacting :winkold: )