Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Define ambition, if he was that good why are Juve not desperate to keep him and which other clubs are in for him, MON knows what he needs and is in that position to make decisions of who to buy which has SFA to do with ambition.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define ambition, if he was that good why are Juve not desperate to keep him and which other clubs are in for him, MON knows what he needs and is in that position to make decisions of who to buy which has SFA to do with ambition.

It's a concise term, I have no idea why Juve are getting rid of him, he's a class act imo certainly better than McGeady

News from Norway

...........With a stagnant transfer market still coming to terms with the aftershock of a global recession; is Diouf destined to be the only player to make the transition from Norway to the UK? Not if Bolton, Celtic, Liverpool, Newcastle or Aston Villa have anything to do with it.All of these sides have been credited with an interest in the latest batch of top talent from Tippeligaen – Norway’s Premier League – and many pundits in Scandinavia fully expect interest to firm up in five particular individuals on August 1st.............

Attacker Mohammed Fellah and Midfielder Harmeet Singh have been a revelation at Valeranga over the last 18 months. Fellah, aged 21, of Moroccan descent, has already saw large sections of the Norwegian media getting particularly excited and it’s not difficult to see why. Not the tallest fellah (see what I did there?) you’ll ever see, young Mohammed has netted only six times in fifty appearances for his club, but his record at junior international level shows what a poacher and creator this player is. John Carew is said to have recommended the player to Aston Villa boss Martin O’Neill. That’s what IBWM has heard anyway...........

See article for more.

Giovinco is easily technically good enough though, he's a top player imo and we could get him if we showed ambition, if you're good enough, you're strong enough

I agree with the 1st bit but once again you seem to think that if a player doesnt join then its the clubs fault, bari are meant to be offering him a very good deal, not everyone wants the prem and the cash, he might want serie a and a star role we cant offer him that

Giovinco is easily technically good enough though, he's a top player imo and we could get him if we showed ambition, if you're good enough, you're strong enough

I agree with the 1st bit but once again you seem to think that if a player doesnt join then its the clubs fault, bari are meant to be offering him a very good deal, not everyone wants the prem and the cash, he might want serie a and a star role we cant offer him that

very true but imo if we offered enough money he would come, surely he'd choose us over Bari....

Cheers for the heads up Hierro.

One thing I'm getting sick of is all this talk of 'showing ambition'. It's such a pointless thing to be going on about. We conduct business privately and professionally as a club and I far prefer this than having a manager who spouts to the media every couple of days about how we're going in for x, y and z - a la Redknapp.

very true but imo if we offered enough money he would come, surely he'd choose us over Bari....

you'd like to think so but you never know, he's young and might have no intention of leaving italy resulting in him turning down bigger clubs abroad, its certainly more complex than if we really tried we could get him

remy's agent is talking of meeting a prem club tomorrow, a "major" one, would be great if it was us, dont know much about the player but the agent wasnt describing plop last week as "major" :P

surely he'd choose us over Bari

Not if he has international ambitions, given Italy's preference for picking players based in Serie A.

hardly any Italians play abroad though

cause they wont get capped

surely he'd choose us over Bari

Not if he has international ambitions, given Italy's preference for picking players based in Serie A.

hardly any Italians play abroad though

cause they wont get capped

you know this how?