Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about throwing Bannan into the middle, and letting play off the strikers in a diamond formation?

:shock:

What's shocking about that?

We've got these kids and they're never given a run out. I'd rather throw them in at the deep end, see what they're about rather than spunk money up the wall.

I'd love to see Bannan and Delph(when fit) thown in.

If we find out that they're not good enough then fair enough but I'd rather us find out

Couldnt get in the blackpool starting XI - find out - DONE

Some of my mates are Blackpool fans and they said he was one of the stars of their season.

I've not seen any qoutes with MON saying Bannan had no future??

Has MM given any ideas as to who we're after this summer?

Has MM given any ideas as to who we're after this summer?

I think he said Keane is likely, Ireland is likely, MON will put more trust in Delfouneso, Clark & Albrighton (and possibly Wiemann next season). From what he's heard we're not in for any wingers as we have enough - but the constant talk of McGeady could mean it's a possible transfer.

I think he also stated to not be suprised if we see Young pushing into the middle in a role behind the striker.

We enquired about Joe Cole in Jan but it's unlikely we'd get him now as Spurs/ Arsenal would be after him. We enquired about Doyle last year but the price was too high (also he's stated on SSN that he's happy at Wolves).

IIRC, he's now on holiday for a week - so any questions will go unanswered!

We enquired about Joe Cole in Jan but it's unlikely we'd get him now as Spurs/ Arsenal would be after him

I agree it would be highly unlikely Rob but I would like to see us throw our hat in the ring. But, I suspect his wage demands and the lure of London would do for us.

Oh, definatly John! Me too.

I'm sure we could throw some money at him because there isn't a transfer fee. The only problem will be that we're offering Europa League and Spurs will be offering a "Champions League Qualifier" :winkold:

What about throwing Bannan into the middle, and letting play off the strikers in a diamond formation?

:shock:

What's shocking about that?

We've got these kids and they're never given a run out. I'd rather throw them in at the deep end, see what they're about rather than spunk money up the wall.

I'd love to see Bannan and Delph(when fit) thown in.

If we find out that they're not good enough then fair enough but I'd rather us find out

Couldnt get in the blackpool starting XI - find out - DONE

Some of my mates are Blackpool fans and they said he was one of the stars of their season.

I've not seen any qoutes with MON saying Bannan had no future??

I haven't seen any quote either Rainy. However, I was talking to a guy who works at Villa Park and he too is a fan of Bannan's. He told me that he heard it from someone very close to the player, whilst watching him for our reserves last season, that MON had told Bannan to look for another club because he doesn't have the physique to make it in the Premier League.

The guy seemed pretty genuine and the person who he claims told him is a very reliable source.

We are linked with Mahamadou Diarra in Irish newspaper today for 10 million. If he was fit he would be a great signing

Would be a fantastic signing. I nearly swallowed my vuvuzela when I read Newcastle were in for him.

These guys"]But although he is available for less than a quarter of the 26 million euros that Madrid paid Lyon for him four years ago, Diarra’s wages may prove a stumbling block to any deal to take him to England.

That puts him in the €6m bracket (£5.1m).

'special players like Stewart Downing....'

One of our better players who last year came back from a broken leg and had a good season, all things considered.

Sadly I don't think he'll get any better, it's not like he was much better than that before his injury anyway. Poor poor player, still can't believe we a)bought him and b)how much we wasted on him.

He has played about 20 games in last 2 years. But if he got back to his form 2004-2008 he was one of best midfielders in Europe and was a major factor in Real Madrid winning back league in 2007

MON is as exciting as ever when it comes to transfer windows. He runs into the dark and hide until there is only a few days left of the window he hates so much...

Its not easy to strengthen the squad when you hate how the transfer market works. I wouldnt go into something with a burning heart if I didnt like it...so I am not surprised MON again has so big problems being active in the transfermarket.

It will be MacGyver-type-of-tactics again...bargains that he will eventually get some good games from...occasionally.

We really need to strengthen the SQUAD...not alone the first eleven. We will lose ground with current squad. We lost ground last season and we will lose even more if MON dont start finding players and have a look in the cheque book.